Debate Mansion

Women equal rights vs Women Reservation (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 9

Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 9
Page 8 Page 9

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Women equal rights vs Women Reservation (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic_devil

is there still not prejudice in offices over hiring a girl over a guy? agreed it may not be so much in metros but what abt the small towns and villages?
if i  know after getting education i wont be able to fetch a job easily and i will have to first revolt in my house, then try really hard to get a job as people in my town r prejudiced towards giving jobs to girls then would i wish to study? no.
the obvious lure for parents to actually give their girls education would be giving them jobs.

now abt a handful of people mis using reservation- just bcoz some people may misuse it we cannot over look the welfare of major population of a country. there should be strict laws while giving a job. ask for documents of family income, take aptitude tests, give more jobs to girls from rural areas. i am not saying there should not be laws for conpulsary education, to abolish any sort of discrimination but we all know that these dont work in india, there are really no complains nor any actions taken.

But why not just focus on anti-discrimination laws. You prevent corruption as well as prevent the situation where a rural business picks a less qualified guy over a woman. With reservation - you are putting twice the amount of effort with half the result.

so i am in favour of giving education to women but also reservation to make them self reliant.

But how does it make women self reliant? How will it gain women the respect she deserves in the workplace? How will she know if she got the job on merit or not? How will she know where she stands competitively?

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Its not only about respect RTH there r many who get admission and job from reservation but believe me even after SO CALLED reservation they fail to perform well . I think give everyone equal opportunity and then give deserving one a chance .

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 9:58pm | IP Logged

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic_devil

Originally posted by return_to_hades

But why not just focus on anti-discrimination laws. You prevent corruption as well as prevent the situation where a rural business picks a less qualified guy over a woman. With reservation - you are putting twice the amount of effort with half the result.

But how does it make women self reliant? How will it gain women the respect she deserves in the workplace? How will she know if she got the job on merit or not? How will she know where she stands competitively?

women put extra efforts in order to get educated in india specially rural parts and that till graduation level and above. so y not make things easier for them at least at the job front?
making girls financially independent instill confidence in them. has the status of women not grown after they have started working? self reliant women automatically gain respect from their families and people around them. Self reliant women make it on their own. They do not need reservation. Reservation means that people are unable to sustain on their own. Just like some African American people like Oprah have made it to the top from scratch completely on their own - self reliant people can do it without reservation. they r no longer dependent on them and can easily revolt if not treated properly.
as far as treatment in offices is concerned, we now also hear cases of abuse in offices.there should be law against this too. so i think its just a matter of time.
and i am not even saying to have it forever but till the time when most girls r educated and self reliant and also enjoy the same status as men do.

[/QUOTE]

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 10:16pm | IP Logged

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 29 August 2009 at 12:04am | IP Logged
whoa... this thread has really prog fast ! some interesting views here. hmm sandya seems to B the only person supporting reservation so far. will get back with my own views .

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 29 August 2009 at 5:53am | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top