Debate Mansion

Women equal rights vs Women Reservation (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 9

Page 1
Page   of 9
Page 3 Page 9

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 27 August 2009 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Women equal rights vs Women Reservation (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

souro

souro

Posted: 27 August 2009 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic_devil

excuse me but i was really not going to debate on this topic any furthur. but ur reply has compelled me to do so. there is no need for u to get personal. u dont know who i am , how i am and what i think and its none of ur business too.
 havent said any of the things u have written above. i have just stated plain reasons for the supposed opposition and disparities between genders.
i stated women r superior bcoz they do more work and take care of more ascpects of life than men do. if u cannot accept this fact then that is not my problem. and havnt u stated that women waste time in offices. so i naturally relatiated that men waste more time than women do. i thought this was part of debate , i did not say anything to u personally.
now if u think u r the only ideal person to lecture on DM then please go ahead.

Maybe your memory is failing you but no I didn't say that women waste time at office. The only thing I ever said about women at work is that they too involve in office politics and that was in reply to your post blaming men of all the office politics and getting promotions.

This is what you said:

Today also there is a lot of prejudice going on. Its is easier for men to get a job than women. At the lower level I would say no not much difference it would make. but when it comes to higher posts and giving bigger responsibilities all the politics start.

This was my reply:
Originally posted by souro

As if women don't involve themselves in office politics. This is a lame excuse to say women deserve reservation or preferential treatment. A better way is to educate children from a very young age that everyone deserves an equal chance and the most deserving should be chosen based on merit.

And you claimed several more things:

and ofcourse they r more  competent than men when they r taking care of home,work, children all at the same time.

doing multiple things equally good is being more competent than men. if men can do one job in a specified time with this much quality and a women does that along with few more things giving the same quality then y should they not be considered more competent.

I agreed with you that in general women are better at multi-tasking. But those women who are working obviously devote less time to work and child if you didn't know. No one can possibly give the same quality when doing multiple things which they can give when concentrating only on one task.

ya in the name of proving they r made to put in much much more efforts than men can ever put in.

That's an outright lie and I don't know why you're writing such lies over here.

i dont feel any shame also to say that i am biased towards women.

And here is another quote about work and office and why there is less female presence at the top. If you read it you'll see it wasn't me who was bashing women but you who was bitching about men:

Just because there is less female presence at the top even now doesn't mean it's a male conspiracy. Sometimes it happens because women opt out of longer working hours and moving around too much.

god how i was expecting such a comment sorry waiting for such a comment. u took too long actually. well this is pure prejudice. i have seen men dallying around in smoking zone like anything, they know more gossip than women do, still women waste time in offices when they fully concentrate and try to finish the target so that they can rush home. for men they dont have to cook food at home so no harm in wasting time and then waiting late. showing the boss they r doing more work. and these r the excuses given at the time of performance appraisal. therefore men get promotions so fast not women. not bcoz theyr r more competent.

Oh if I had the sole power to do appraisals, I would grill men more and keep a record of each minute spent in smoking zone chatting.

Those who are poor, in most of the cases they don't even have the money to keep the male child in school. Which is why I said just make it free for them and also compulsory.

Ya thats fine. I agree education should be made free and compulsory but only for girls other wise as u said the rich people will get more benefit out of this. The lower middle class people invest more on educating their son and girl just plain graduation or not even that.

no is so dumb to put a person 12th pass in a job of an MD. only chauvinist men can do that not women.

access to resources is not there bcoz people dont want women to be self reliant. men dont want to make things tougher for themselves by creating competition.

the answer is people still have discriminating mentality even highly educated people. and its not bcoz of ignorance or tradition, but cunning mentality. men dont want women to get equal status, they dont want to create more competition for themselves. they know girls r more intelligent which is proved year after year from the board exam results.

Edited by souro - 27 August 2009 at 7:04pm

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 27 August 2009 at 7:16pm | IP Logged

souro

souro

Posted: 27 August 2009 at 8:01pm | IP Logged

dont try and twist the meanings of my words. what i said  till now has been perfectly in sync with the prievious posts. in that topic. and if u thought they were lies and all that they y didnt u point it out then. y now?
I didn't twist your words if you have noticed. I quoted you word for word.
And I did ask you to show which employer grills women more or asks them to work harder. You just said that you can't name any company on this forum but it exists.
And why now... because you are again coming up with issues of reservation and you're acting as if it's disgusting for a woman not to agree with you.

dont prove what i said abt men being cunning.
Atleast I'm not bashing a whole gender calling them cunning, less competent, capable of doing such stupid things which women never will.

GOD!!!!!!!! u actually have so much time to do all this work? r u in office doing work? LOL
i dont have sop much time to go to other posts and search for where what i wrote to which post of yours and  all that. anyone who wants to know(which i am sure no one is) please refer to the respective topic.
No, I'm at home and I'll go to work in about another 2 hrs. Why?? Does it bother you that I am male and yet can multi-task, handling my work, personal and virtual life all at once??
And btw, I'm not bothered about who wants to know what.

Edited by souro - 27 August 2009 at 8:05pm

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 27 August 2009 at 9:45pm | IP Logged

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 27 August 2009 at 11:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Hi...

The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved a proposal to increase reservation for women to 50 per cent in Panchayats.

The proposal, listed for consideration at the Cabinet meeting on Thursday, was approved, Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni told mediapersons.

Yes its true...Gender based reservation helps n cover all section of women........but 50% reservation for obc-st-sc etc......50% for women.....Embarrassedwhere will normal men go ??? SmileAfter 62 years of independence why people do not call them natural citizen ? Why they are not competent. Only because of the Reservation we stand divided today than at any time earlier....only all cos of 'vote stunt'......now quota is for panchayats..why not in parliments!!!? Do you think the new reservation system empower women or not!!!? Women having equal rights, reservation is necessary??......Smile

Just chill n Njoy

Vinu Nair

where r your comments or views Vinu on this  ?LOL
i hate this word reservation personally i feel we dont need reservation  but situation of Urban girl child is completely different from situation of rural girl child .I have never been to any village but situation of women in villages there r still not good so its ok if there is a woman panchayat in a village .
 r u getting married ? LOL

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonur15

where r your comments or views Vinu on this  ?LOL

My views....Women can help immense help in creating an organic society..She is different from man, but not unequal. She is as equal to a man as any other man....... She has talents of her own. ...there are a few differences which give them unique beauty, individuality...She is equal to men...so reservation help only to increase her inferiority complex ....Big smile

@marriage--Happiness is not everything na...some bachlors shaadi bi karti heyWink

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 1:02am | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top