Justification of suicide / India major drought - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by Summer3

Well it is quite true, so the Govt. will sometimes encourage the migration of certain other person to maintain the the demographic balance. Of certain races a better equipped and more well to do but have lesser birth rates. What is fair and right is argueable.

the thing is the government might encourage certain people to migrate to another countries. however, these countries might not want to take in the migrants if they are unskilled or not of any use to them. take for example australia, it want to take only those migrants which have skilled that are useful for them when we do not see the case of refugees. and the countries would not want to send those who are skillful away from the country as they are assets to the government and the states. the fact that india is such a rapidly growing country is because it is able to educate people to overseas and take what is good and useful from overseas to india, which is also the reason why india focus so much in technological advacement. those unskillful people will not be accepted by other countries except perhaps in the case of refugees or illegal migrants which could be caught any time.
Most things comes down to education, the goverment of India needs make education free for childrens up to age of 16 or possibly 18 in every part of India and even in big cities, because most people don't have money to send their kids to school. It will be benifictial in every way, more people will be literate and plus i think it is one of the way to tackle poverty and increase our economy.
Edited by kickass1 - 14 years ago
the government should provide free educational system to the people who could not afford to send their kids away to school and also a better health care system. to educate the people especially the young ones means to make better the nation as the nation's future are in the hands of the next generations.
Edited by rongna - 14 years ago
Originally posted by rongna

the government should provide free educational system to the people who could not afford to send their kids away to school and also a better health care system. to educate the people especially the young ones means to make better the nation as the nation's future are in the hands of the next generations.

The thing is how would the government differenciate between people who can afford or not afford. There is so much corruption that even people who are rich will show that they are poor and get free education. It is better to make free education for everyone until 18, just like it is in UK.

Yes i like your point about healt care too, but as healt care is very expensive i doubt they will ever make it free of charge. They will just make check up free but medication, operation etc will be charged. :(
Originally posted by kickass1

The thing is how would the government differenciate between people who can afford or not afford. There is so much corruption that even people who are rich will show that they are poor and get free education. It is better to make free education for everyone until 18, just like it is in UK.
i think the government are capable of differentiating the rich people and the poor people. one thing that i wish to clarify, are you referring to those who can afford as rich people and high middle class people or lower middle class people?? cause, i do believe that the rich and high middle class people would rather send their children to exclusive private school like the cathedral and john connon school or the st. xavier school or DAIS rather than public school. i really like the idea that you brought up by giving free education till 18, but the government of india is not as rich as the government of UK. even they have trouble providing educational institutions for the poor people, how could they give everybody free education until everybody is 18. the percentage of poor people that live below $2 a day are much more comparing to the UK population, and india has one of the highest number of absolute poor people.

Yes i like your point about healt care too, but as healt care is very expensive i doubt they will ever make it free of charge. They will just make check up free but medication, operation etc will be charged. :(
i guess you're right, healthcare is not something that is cheap and can be distributed easily to the poor people. especially with the high numbers of the poor people in india. it is even a difficult issue to tackle in the states.