Debate Mansion

*Important* Locked Topics & Update

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Many of you will notice the locked topics across the forum. These topics have been locked because unfortunately, certain members have chosen to ruin the decorum of the forum and start bringing religious conflicts and overtones to all topics. I will be reviewing all the threads, and topics will be reopened after clean up and miscreants are dealt with. I have stated several times that I do not want to limit people from discussing mature or controversial topics because certain people cannot handle themselves. Please be patient, once I have read through and cleaned the topics, I will reopen the worthy discussions.

In the meantime absolutely no religious topics or posts. Any member doing so will be dealt with severely. Absolutely no excuses or reasons.

All other members please remember, if you think anyone is out of hand - please do not respond to them or add to their statements. This only aggravates the situation more. Please report the out of hand posts and ignore. When you choose to respond you are equally guilty for adding to the argument and contributing to things going out of hand. You will be held liable for your statements that aggravate the situation.

Update: I have gone through and cleaned up most of the topics. Some topics have been trashed, some remain in the forum locked. All the older long standing ones have been reopened.

For the time being I am going to put a stop on any new religious or highly controversial topics, till we can return back to a sense of decorum and friendly atmosphere. Anyone who continues to troll, spam or rile people will receive an increase in their warning levels. If you choose to address, respond to or add to these inflammatory posts, you will also receive a warning level increase for adding fuel to the fire. If someone crosses the line, report the post, thats that.

If you have any questions, doubts over posts and topics feel free to PM me and ask questions. Do let me know if there still are some inflammatory posts lurking around somewhere.

If everyone complies and puts on their best behavior, we should get through the controversial couple of days we have.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Edited by return_to_hades - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

If theres any religious comments in post.....I think mods taking two three days to lock or comment their views on particuler topic.....Hope mod's got several reports / pm's about these kind of post....if no action taken.....so sometime members will respond/reply aggressive way......its natural...

but late hey tho bi..... Good job....😊
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks RTH

i was wondering why some have been closed now i know 😊
Sarina,

[quote] In the meantime absolutely no religious topics or posts. Any member doing so will be dealt with severely. Absolutely no excuses or reasons. [/quote]

Um, there is this topic about 'It's okay to Slap your wife' - it is a sort of religious topic; with the spammer[s] gone, we are discussing the issues maturely, so do you feel that needs to be locked? I don't know, if it is, go ahead, and do it; otherwise our warning level would be increased for participating there.

But thanks anyway, this was REALLY needed here. I was astonished at the state of this forum.
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 14 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

Sarina,

[quote] In the meantime absolutely no religious topics or posts. Any member doing so will be dealt with severely. Absolutely no excuses or reasons. [/quote]

Um, there is this topic about 'It's okay to Slap your wife' - it is a sort of religious topic; with the spammer[s] gone, we are discussing the issues maturely, so do you feel that needs to be locked? I don't know, if it is, go ahead, and do it; otherwise our warning level would be increased for participating there.

But thanks anyway, this was REALLY needed here. I was astonished at the state of this forum.

I left that topic open because that has been on DM for a long time and most people were doing well. I was hoping most people would be able to keep it in a 'morality' context and not keep bringing up the 'religious context'. Unfortunately, it seems that people cannot restrain themselves from bringing religious arguments to the table.