Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Rumii

Goldie

Rumii

Posted: 17 August 2009 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Dharavi, Mumbai@Lifestyle by Kenzo*.  Picture taken by Studio workshop conducted for students from Urban Design students from Columbia University, New York and J.J School of Architecture, Mumbai , for the incremental/self-development of 4 sites in Dharavi, between 12th -18th January 2009.

The studio concentrated on 4 different sites: Kumbharwada and 3 Municipal Chawls in and around Koliwada-Dharavihttp://images.google.com/imgres?
My Question is,in Pavitra Rishta,why are they showing Manav's house to be sooooooooooooo well equipped with a Proper kitchen,dining tables n chairs,a comfy place to sit with cushions at the back etc??Does a real Chawl have a proper kitchen and even a dining space?! It does not look like a Chawl to me nor does it look very diffrent from Archana's house....though I haven't been to Mumbai..... any Mumbai people might clear my confusion if they are showing the correct thing??

Edited by iamindian - 17 August 2009 at 10:14am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bharadwaj_ki5hy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Picture of a real Chawl..Compare it with Manav's" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rashi77

Goldie

rashi77

Posted: 17 August 2009 at 10:31am | IP Logged
I'm confused as to how the real chawl manages to have a flat screen TV???

devashree_h

devashree_h

Posted: 17 August 2009 at 10:44am | IP Logged
You know that might be one house.There are others which are well-maintained. I think the surroundings and Manav's house have been shown very authentic.

@Rashi-Thats not a flat screen tv. Its just photographed that way.

blackdaughter

IF-Dazzler

blackdaughter

Posted: 17 August 2009 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Maybe, it depends on the people. If they keep it clean, then hey; it's obviously going to look better right? Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Queen_GHTwalletsmsindpndntpyaar_siya

rashi77

Goldie

rashi77

Posted: 17 August 2009 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by devashree_h

You know that might be one house.There are others which are well-maintained. I think the surroundings and Manav's house have been shown very authentic.

@Rashi-Thats not a flat screen tv. Its just photographed that way.

devashree thanks for the clarification....I was looking at the pic thinking, wow these ppl really have their priorities mixed up LOL!

cimba

Goldie

cimba

Posted: 17 August 2009 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
It is not unusual to see tv in the chawls.TV's are not so expensive ,specially used  and smaller screens . Mumbai's real estate is expensive . With in the chawls there are different sizes and locations of the places to live so one can be better than the other.
I am not from mumbai nor have seen and of them, but  there is one of those in every town in India.

Emuna Belief

Groupbie

Emuna Belief

Posted: 17 August 2009 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Real chawl houses r much smaller may be 1-2 rooms usually.
Manav's house is shown much bigger compared to home in a real chawl in Mumbai. I know coz. I've visited in chawls as I was born n brought up in mumbai. Yes the houses do have color tv sets, fridges, etc. And yes the neighbours exactly interfere as shown in Manav's chawl, clothes r washed outside, water is filled by turns (usually 2-3 hrs daily) for full chawl. WC'S r common and outside every1 living in the chawl uses them..u can see lines outside in the morning people waiting for their turn to use the WC. Hope I didn't dissapoint u all with the real picture

Rumii

Goldie

Rumii

Posted: 17 August 2009 at 10:46pm | IP Logged

And they showed that Manav's Kitchen even has a SINK n a RUNNING WATER TAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it really believable in a "Chawl'?????????????????????

Post Reply New Post

Go to top