Debate Mansion

My name is 'Khan'!!publicity stunt (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 18 August 2009 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

--you need brain washWinkJi nahin.....Embarrassed
---without publicity a celebrity dont have a life....LOLTrue but atleast srk dont do CHEAPTHINGS to attract pplSmile
---sorry for ur husWinkTongueLOLSrk bachgayaLOLSorry for my hubby lol everyone feels sorry for him main aise kya ki hoon?ConfusedLOL

LOL

oye....kaajool ke baare aise waise baat nahe kahanaa...she is my dream girlEmbarrassed
Ain?Shocked
Kajol your dream gal?Shocked
Gosh....ajkal hai ne bus kya kaoon.

[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "My name is 'Khan'!!publicity stunt (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 18 August 2009 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
My opinions are biased because I am a huge fan of Shahrukh Khan.

The airport security has a job to conduct checks, and this issue has indeed become bigger than it deserves. Yet, I do not think it is a publicity stunt. Not that Shahrukh does not want publicity for his film, of course he does. But, Shahrukh is a hugely popular celebrity. He is a celebrity constantly under scrutiny and has reached a phase in stardom where such a stunt is way below that level. Besides, being a celebrity who attempts to or at least claims to avoid controversy, this would be counter productive. It would be counterproductive no matter what because even fans would agree such publicity is a cheap trick.

Now while I wholeheartedly agree that security is just doing their job, I have to state that the current system is inefficient, illogical and ludicrous. Everyone goes through random security checks; but a two hour grill is supposed to be reserved for the highly suspicious. The problem is not that someone had to go through security, but the fact that they had to go through illogical security. For me it is not a big deal that Shahrukh had to go through security - but the fact that why do thousands of innocent people have to endure this quietly every time as a part of travel. Its not a big deal that people are being frisked or questioned, but the fact that most who are belong or appear to be of a certain ethnicity or national origin. Its not the fact that they detained Shahrukh bothers me - its the fact that we claim to have 'intelligence'. Intelligence that could not determine that they were detaining a celebrity, and had the person vouched for by a third party over the phone.

I hate Newark, O'Hare, Heathrow, LAX and all the likes. Third class rail travel in India is more pleasant. People claim that small towns are narrow minded and backward - but, I prefer to travel through small midwestern airports in the puddle jumpers. The security staff is also so nice, they will have a coffee with you on break - unlike those discriminating race traitors at the biggies.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 18 August 2009 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
Everybody knows SRK has been smart enough to raise the issue which will help in promoting his forthcoming movie. He is trying all possible ways to make this movie a hit, after the last one didn't do so well (both in terms of quality and commercially). SRK is always smart enough to manage media ...

Another part is..He wanted special treatment which was denied by US. That is true to US nationalism and that is why there is no terror attack in that country after 9/11 whereas we have had several attacks since then. Sharukh may be an idol for Indians but he a nobody in US...let me quote a joke bout late President of Indonesia. Sukarno on his visit to US went to a famous tailor and asked him how much cloth would be required to make a suit and the tailor replied 3 metres. Sukarno retorted saying that in Jakarta tailors asked for 3.5 metres and how come it is less in US. The tailor replied promptly "Sir you are not as big in US as you are in Indonesia". Sharukh should learn a lesson from this joke....

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 19 August 2009 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

My opinions are biased because I am a huge fan of Shahrukh Khan.

The airport security has a job to conduct checks, and this issue has indeed become bigger than it deserves. Yet, I do not think it is a publicity stunt. Not that Shahrukh does not want publicity for his film, of course he does. But, Shahrukh is a hugely popular celebrity. He is a celebrity constantly under scrutiny and has reached a phase in stardom where such a stunt is way below that level. Besides, being a celebrity who attempts to or at least claims to avoid controversy, this would be counter productive. It would be counterproductive no matter what because even fans would agree such publicity is a cheap trick.

Now while I wholeheartedly agree that security is just doing their job, I have to state that the current system is inefficient, illogical and ludicrous. Everyone goes through random security checks; but a two hour grill is supposed to be reserved for the highly suspicious. The problem is not that someone had to go through security, but the fact that they had to go through illogical security. For me it is not a big deal that Shahrukh had to go through security - but the fact that why do thousands of innocent people have to endure this quietly every time as a part of travel. Its not a big deal that people are being frisked or questioned, but the fact that most who are belong or appear to be of a certain ethnicity or national origin. Its not the fact that they detained Shahrukh bothers me - its the fact that we claim to have 'intelligence'. Intelligence that could not determine that they were detaining a celebrity, and had the person vouched for by a third party over the phone.

I hate Newark, O'Hare, Heathrow, LAX and all the likes. Third class rail travel in India is more pleasant. People claim that small towns are narrow minded and backward - but, I prefer to travel through small midwestern airports in the puddle jumpers. The security staff is also so nice, they will have a coffee with you on break - unlike those discriminating race traitors at the biggies.
Exactly that's what I was telling vinu jiEmbarrassed

jagdu

IF-Dazzler

jagdu

Posted: 19 August 2009 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
All these ministers, actors and such have routinely delayed flights. Why complain now?
If every one was treated like a Shah Rukh Khan or Abdul Kalam, the Airline industry would be blooming and travel would be a lot more fun. Why treat them special? The same rules apply to every one.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 19 August 2009 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Sukarno on his visit to US went to a famous tailor and asked him how much cloth would be required to make a suit and the tailor replied 3 metres. Sukarno retorted saying that in Jakarta tailors asked for 3.5 metres and how come it is less in US. The tailor replied promptly "Sir you are not as big in US as you are in Indonesia". Sharukh should learn a lesson from this joke....

Well, if I were Sukarno I would have retorted - as an American I fear you do not understand the metrics system and have converted yards to meters incorrectly.

Sadly it has to come to someone 'huge' like SRK being detained for the illogical system that is American airport security. The question is not whether Shahrukh should be detained or not. The question really is why are innocent people being taken into the 'interrogation' room when this in the past was intended for people actually suspected of high crime. Post 9/11 time, money, personnel and energy is being wasted in randomly detaining innocent people with ludicrous rationale. But then again this is America, even McCarthianism was nothing but standard security.

U-No-Poo

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 19 August 2009 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
SRK should be boycotted for resorting to such cheap stunts and wasting time and money of many people.. his  crappy movie.. my name is khan should flop miserably.. what does he think people are idiots.. i dont deny that about his fans.. but most of the junta isnt!!!

hindu4lyf

-Midnight-

-Midnight-

Posted: 20 August 2009 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
how in the world is it a publicity stunt? he went to america for a show and how and where couold he have played all of this??? the media is the only source responisble for all of this, they take everything to an extreme

Post Reply New Post

Go to top