My name is 'Khan'!!publicity stunt - Page 4

Posted: 14 years ago
SRK should be boycotted for resorting to such cheap stunts and wasting time and money of many people.. his  crappy movie.. my name is khan should flop miserably.. what does he think people are idiots.. i dont deny that about his fans.. but most of the junta isnt!!!
how in the world is it a publicity stunt? he went to america for a show and how and where couold he have played all of this??? the media is the only source responisble for all of this, they take everything to an extreme
Originally posted by verryberry

how in the world is it a publicity stunt? he went to america for a show and how and where couold he have played all of this??? the media is the only source responisble for all of this, they take everything to an extreme

oh.. i didnt know this was his first visit to US 😊.. and even otherwise.. this incident coinciding with his movie release is like a terrific coincidence...😊
So it just came out that the guys organizing the shows had connections to the wrong kind of people. The kind of people who will get you on a terror watchlist😆. Previous visits of Mr Khan were on request of a Mr Taneja who just got indicted for mortgage fraud

Yup it is kind of profiling some might think hey these are all desis and they are profiling on desi's but some might say if you are associating yourself with people who have a criminal background you will get onto the radar even though you havent done anything wrong except made the wrong friends or alliances.

It might just be that those expense paid trips to Karachi and Dubai to dance at parties of "influential" people are coming back to haunt SRK,

It is so easy to throw out the word racial profiling and racists just b'cos it is a person of color or a person you adore. In the meanwhile the whole cause of "racism" and racial profiling just got cheapened to a level of gamesmanship or profiteering
Publicty stunts are aamir khan's specialty :)
I don't think it was a publicity stunt, like RTH pointed out, he doesn't need to do something like this to gain publicity. He gets enough of it without trying anyway. He could drop a hat in India and the sound would echo across the globe.

The media has completely blown this out of proportion, exaggerating it to invoke a reaction from his fans. It is not the event that makes a difference, the way it is told to the world does.
Edited by -Neetz- - 14 years ago
i think people are overestimating SRK.. he needs publicity.. he is not doing good in films..mostly seen in middle-age roles..since OSO...losing his youngish charm... his ipl  franchise lost badly lots of money went down the drain.....he cant afford more losses... so he has to do whtever feasible to get that publicity...especially since newyork a movie based on similar concept wasjust released... he has a lot at stake,,,!!!
i dont think that srk needs publicity stunts.......he is the king