Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Religon (Page 3)

Signora2 Goldie
Signora2
Signora2

Posted: 12 November 2005 at 7:05am | IP Logged
zhasan2 cheer up, hope u had sheer khorma and had lots of goodies. I hope I got it right.
But I just wanted to know can the date of moon sighting be predicted accurately with modern technology in advance, how do they do it in Dubai? I read that it is not based on the ancient method Is it true?
signora2
zhasan2 IF-Rockerz
zhasan2
zhasan2

Posted: 12 November 2005 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
i actually do not know how they do it. i'm not an astronomer, but i want to be one. Smile
all i know is, most people, like me do not want to use technology for the sighting of the moon, we'd rather depend on ourselves. we always call the masjid to ask about the date of Eid, though. They didn't tell us until 11:00 PM.

Go to top