Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 05 November 2005 at 11:24am | IP Logged
well, thanks anyway. Tongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Religon (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TiN24

Goldie

TiN24

Posted: 05 November 2005 at 4:44pm | IP Logged
Eid Mubarak to all!

Now, I understand both points of view, but Eid is a holiday and has become universal. By this I mean who on this planet doesn't know about Ramadan and fasting? Its become so famililar now. People who aren't even Christian (like me) get days off for Christmas right?, so why can't we muslims get a day off for our holiday? Bottom line, I don't think your teacher meant to directly discriminate against you or Islam, but I do think he/she should have repsected your reason more for not coming to school, or whatever the reason may have been. I just tell my work and school that the devil works on Eid so there is nnoooooooooooooooooooo way in hell I'm gonna do anything on Eid other than celebrate and enjoy with my family.

sweet freedom

IF-Dazzler

sweet freedom

Posted: 08 November 2005 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
well, i have no problem cos 50% of our school is muslims. so the teachers already know that we will miss two or three days for that so they ask us and we say thursdayday or friday. it depends on the moon and they understand that.
but, its different for u. i agree that u should have told the day u were gonna be absent but wen u said 'he discriminated the muslim religion' do u mean he was being racist cos he can be sacked for that.

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 08 November 2005 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
yeah but he didn't really say "oh, well, the muslim religon is dumb or stupid."
He asked "why didn't you tell me beforehand that you would be absent so i could tell you the work?"
I said "i didn't know beforehand because it depends on the sighting of the moon"
Then he said "well, i think that is quite dumb and stupid that people don't know about their own holiday beforehand."
stuff like that.
it's not really discriminating i guess.
but i did feel hurt when he said it. Cry

angel_111

Goldie

angel_111

Posted: 08 November 2005 at 6:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zhasan2

He asked "why didn't you tell me beforehand that you would be absent so i could tell you the work?"
I said "i didn't know beforehand because it depends on the sighting of the moon"
Then he said "well, i think that is quite dumb and stupid that people don't know about their own holiday beforehand."
stuff like that.
Awwwwwwwwwww dont be sad .. I think he just didnt have any clue about the moon deciding which day it will fall .. Dont be so sad ..

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 09 November 2005 at 9:06am | IP Logged

stuff like that.

your teacher was probably having a bad day and he ended up taking out his anger on you. plus, the way he reacted shows his ignorance, doesn't it?

just consider it a one-time incident and forget about it.

if its any consolation, my religion is in such a minority that we dont have a national holiday in most countries.

take indygirl's advice and cheer up. Smile

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 09 November 2005 at 12:27pm | IP Logged

stuff like that.

Oh comeon dear as I had also suggested to you in other forum that the teacher might be haivng a bad day  so forget and pay more attention to your friends and work!

Cheer up yaar!

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 09 November 2005 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
thanks everyone! Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top