Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 18 years ago
yeah but he didn't really say "oh, well, the muslim religon is dumb or stupid."
He asked "why didn't you tell me beforehand that you would be absent so i could tell you the work?"
I said "i didn't know beforehand because it depends on the sighting of the moon"
Then he said "well, i think that is quite dumb and stupid that people don't know about their own holiday beforehand."
stuff like that.
it's not really discriminating i guess.
but i did feel hurt when he said it. 😭
angel_111 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zhasan2

He asked "why didn't you tell me beforehand that you would be absent so i could tell you the work?"
I said "i didn't know beforehand because it depends on the sighting of the moon"
Then he said "well, i think that is quite dumb and stupid that people don't know about their own holiday beforehand."
stuff like that.

Awwwwwwwwwww dont be sad .. I think he just didnt have any clue about the moon deciding which day it will fall .. Dont be so sad ..
Morgoth thumbnail

stuff like that.

your teacher was probably having a bad day and he ended up taking out his anger on you. plus, the way he reacted shows his ignorance, doesn't it?

just consider it a one-time incident and forget about it.

if its any consolation, my religion is in such a minority that we dont have a national holiday in most countries.

take indygirl's advice and cheer up. 😊

Naina_Manam thumbnail

stuff like that.

Oh comeon dear as I had also suggested to you in other forum that the teacher might be haivng a bad day  so forget and pay more attention to your friends and work!

Cheer up yaar!

Signora2 thumbnail
zhasan2 cheer up, hope u had sheer khorma and had lots of goodies. I hope I got it right.
But I just wanted to know can the date of moon sighting be predicted accurately with modern technology in advance, how do they do it in Dubai? I read that it is not based on the ancient method Is it true?
signora2
hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i actually do not know how they do it. i'm not an astronomer, but i want to be one. 😊
all i know is, most people, like me do not want to use technology for the sighting of the moon, we'd rather depend on ourselves. we always call the masjid to ask about the date of Eid, though. They didn't tell us until 11:00 PM.