Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 04 November 2005 at 4:25pm | IP Logged

I'm in the US and Eid was stated to be on Thursday. So, I was absent at school on Thursday to go pray at the mosque and my aunts house and went back to school on Friday. When I got to school, my teacher told me that I should have told him that I was going to be absent beforehand. I told him that I couldn't because I myself didn't know till 11 pm the day before Eid at night. He said that I should have called him the day I figured out or the day of my absence to get my homework. I told him, well their were so many preperations to be made that I wouldn't be able to talk to him. I told him I had only around 2 hours to get ready for Eid and I would have to go fast to get it done. And why would I call him the day of Eid!!!Angry I had to go to the mosque and the cemetery! Why on EARTH WOULD I DARE CALL HIM THAT DAY!!!!

And in school we get 5 coupons every quarter of the school period. I lost 2 coupons in one day becuase I didn't do my homework BECAUSE IT WAS EID!!!!

Also, when I told him I didn't know till late he said that IT IS STUPID AND DUMB!!!!!!!

He discriminated the Muslim religon right in front of my face!

I'm not really that mean type of person, but I really respect my religon and I GET REALLY MAD if someone dares say anything that bad about it.

I REALLY WANT HIM TO GET PUNISHED, not severely (but he will when it is Judgement Day), but something simple right now. (like suspended from his job for a while)

I AM REALLY MAD AT HIM RIGHT NOW AND WILL ALWAYS BE!!!!!!!!!

Angry

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Religon" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 04 November 2005 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
Firstly Eid Mubarak to you and your family . I hope inspite of what happened at school you had a good time .

Now , let me tell you your teachers point of view ( I am a teacher by proffesion...but not working currently) ,so here goes :
1) Teachers want you to show responsibility - and your one phone call , that takes 2 minutes may have shown you are responsible . Or you should have informed your teacher before hand .........the date for Eid is pre fixed .
2)Your teacher can't see any reason why you can't make a call on the Eid day .Even in the 2 hours you have to get ready , it just a question of 2 minute .
3)About your homework , if you had explained in advance you will submit it late as you have your biggest festival coming up , he may have considered it .
4) You are saying he said something discrimanotory ,besides something you haven't mentioned in your post , you can take it your principle and let him know.

I hope things get fixed between you and your teacher . Please give him the benifit of doubt that he may not be discrimanating but just wanted to disclipine you for not showing responsibility !!

Cheer up and have a great Eid !! Smile

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 04 November 2005 at 5:24pm | IP Logged
thanks.
but the masjid didn't give me the date for Eid
until 11 at night the day before Eid on Thursday.
they had a hard time figuring out if it was on thursday or friday.
most other holidays have day-offs for school.
it's not my fault i am absent from school and others are not becuase they get a day off for their holiday.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 04 November 2005 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
I hope you are feeling calmer now . Sending you some happy vibes !! Smile

Your teacher expected , that al least you could have informed him that, it may be a Thru or a Friday . And you'll need one of the days off . You aren't yet sure which day yet . And you'll still call him in the midst of your busy schedule to inform him.

I know it is upsetting that there isn't a day off for your holiday . Yes , but we are minorties and don't get a National Day off either for Eid or Diwali .( I was complaining about this on the Diwali day myself ) . But employers , teachers , colleagues do understand if you act responsibily and inform them before hand .

Now , i hope you can let this be behind you and still enjoy Eid and the week end !! Smile

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 04 November 2005 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
feel better. mind getting distracted by all this.
what i know for sure is that i'm not the only one
who gets bad vibes from our teacher. see, i'm in the
accelerated program and our teacher is very strict.
i don't really appreciate that. and i don't appreciate
him saying bad stuff about our religon, either.

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 04 November 2005 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indygirl

Firstly Eid Mubarak to you and your family . I hope inspite of what happened at school you had a good time .

Now , let me tell you your teachers point of view ( I am a teacher by proffesion...but not working currently) ,so here goes :
1) Teachers want you to show responsibility - and your one phone call , that takes 2 minutes may have shown you are responsible . Or you should have informed your teacher before hand .........the date for Eid is pre fixed .
2)Your teacher can't see any reason why you can't make a call on the Eid day .Even in the 2 hours you have to get ready , it just a question of 2 minute .
3)About your homework , if you had explained in advance you will submit it late as you have your biggest festival coming up , he may have considered it .
4) You are saying he said something discrimanotory ,besides something you haven't mentioned in your post , you can take it your principle and let him know.

I hope things get fixed between you and your teacher . Please give him the benifit of doubt that he may not be discrimanating but just wanted to disclipine you for not showing responsibility !!

Cheer up and have a great Eid !! Smile
agree with uTongue

meha

meha

Posted: 05 November 2005 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Well zhasan2 u r rite to a degree and so r u indygirl......
Islam is a religion which tells us to obey and respect our teachers and so must u as well.....however bad he/she maybe but still he/she must be respected....
But i agree with u.....it was wrong 4 the teacher to discrimate sth like that especially when it comes to religion.
I can understand how u feel Zhasan2......If i was u i would have never called on such an happy day....seriouly who thinks about school and stuff on eid day so i can understand ur agreesion as well......but still u must respect ur teacher anyhow.....InshAllah Allah will give reward to u.....ok?

meha

meha

Posted: 05 November 2005 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Oops sorry about the spelling mistakes Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top