Debate Mansion

Religion should change with the times (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 7

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 7
Page 6 Page 7

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 01 September 2009 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rongna

Originally posted by crazy_sunny

talking about religion should change what do you guys think about the amish religion??
whats amish ????

the christian anabaptist community. it was like really backward and they are like living in the 18th century with all the clothes and everything with the belief of living in simplicity and such and such. it is resisting changes and modernity of the world and many more.

Well it is hard to comment on other religions. But it is for the religious leaders to think what is best for their own people. If the leader is an enlightened soul then he or she knows what is best.
Personally I do not encourage people to change religions as far as possible. But they should appreciate all religions. I love mutiple cultures and religions as it adds richness to our lives.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Religion should change with the times (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 01 September 2009 at 11:28pm | IP Logged

talking about religion should change what do you guys think about the amish religion??

The Amish may seem to be a very backward group of people. Many feel their community needs radical change. Personally, I think the Amish are simply a Christian subsect that prefer a more rural, pastoral form of life. They live in harmony with their surroundings. They are not known to force their views on others or change laws to conform to their views on Christianity. They are not known to practice any laws or social practicses that violate human rights. Amish also give their children the choice to experience the otherworld before committing to the Amish lifetsyle.

One can question their choice to remain cut off, reject modern technology especially raising children in such a world. But compared to other religious groups that have an agenda to harm, the Amish have been non conflictory.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 02 September 2009 at 2:43am | IP Logged
Well  RTH Amish concept is useful and ideal for some.
 It will suit those who love a very quiet life.

Generally most of us will find it too quiet and a bit boring I think.
Imagine no TV, no movies, no nothing.
It is a compromise between modern living n monkhood.

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 02 September 2009 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Well  RTH Amish concept is useful and ideal for some.
 It will suit those who love a very quiet life.

Generally most of us will find it too quiet and a bit boring I think.
Imagine no TV, no movies, no nothing.
It is a compromise between modern living n monkhood.

i think the amish families have other entertainment than no tv, no movies and no nothing. like doing hymnal and prayer and doing the household chores together.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 02 September 2009 at 7:38am | IP Logged
Actually Amish life is one big long survival hiking trip. Living in wood cabins or tents, gathering wood and making your own cooking fire, gathering your own food from nature, absolutely no technology, electricity and such. Only difference is that its very piously Christian.

I think everyone could do with a few days of Amishness sometimes.

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 02 September 2009 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Actually Amish life is one big long survival hiking trip. Living in wood cabins or tents, gathering wood and making your own cooking fire, gathering your own food from nature, absolutely no technology, electricity and such. Only difference is that its very piously Christian.

a good idea, we seem to be taking technology and electricity for granted these days. a few days of amishness should teach us to be more grateful about what we have.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 02 September 2009 at 8:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

yes perhaps a bit of spiritual retreat.LOL
No smoking n no drinking n proper attire n behaviour.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 02 September 2009 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
I've often thought of becoming an Amish runaway or joining some Native tribe. Everything seems fine till I realize there will be no internets.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top