Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

~Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year ~ FC (Page 2)

karansprincess IF-Sizzlerz
karansprincess
karansprincess

Posted: 18 August 2009 at 4:06am | IP Logged

"Ranbir Kapoor is a very big star" - Konkona Sen Sharma Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Subhash K. Jha, May 12, 2009 - 10:21 IST

Konkona Sen Sharma Konkona wonders how people are going to react to her pairing with Ranbir Kapoor in Wake Up, Sid.

"I'm getting to know Ranbir a bit only now after shooting for so many months. He's warm and sweet but we both keep in our own space. He's a very big star. And also a good actor. But most impressive is the fact that he knows everything about cinema, and not just acting. In front of him, I feel like a novice. Ranbir knows about camera angles and all. In fact they even took his suggestions on camera angles. People want to see how we look together. We come from different genres of cinema."

Konkona says she has no aptitude for the technical side. "I'm an actor, and quite comfortable in that role. I don't think I've any plans of directing a film."

She's all praise for her other co-star Farhan Akhtar too. "I've known him for a while. It's hard to say Luck By Chance is his third film as an actor. He's a natural."

Tabu was supposed to do Konkona's role in Luck By Chance, just like Konkona was supposed to be the lead instead of Tabu in Mira Nair's The Namesake. Is this her way of getting even? "You're investing too much power into the actors. I had heard Tabu was to do Luck By Chance. Even Page 3 was offered to other people. I was just happy to get both. Luck By Chance is such an intricately written script. The film has a lot of soul."

Although she doesn't like talking about it, her new home done up by Pavitra Rajaram occupies much of her creative space these days. More so since she was down with a viral attack which kept her confined to home. "I got this viral flu on the sets of Ayaan Mukherjee's Wake Up Sid. We were shooting in a closed air-conditioned set. And when one person got the fever, so did everyone else. We had to take a few days off. But I'm fine now. It's basically a coming-of-age story between me and Ranbir. No point in shooting when we're not there. When you're feeling sick you look sick on camera."

Early December in 2008 Konkona moved into her new house. "I was dying to move in. It's just fifteen minutes away from where I stayed earlier. It's much more spacious and far more organized. Funny as it may sound, in my head I am still living in cottages and bastis. Even my earlier place just had stuff cluttered all over. Now I was like bowled over because I've a real dining table."

karansprincess
karansprincess

Posted: 18 August 2009 at 4:07am | IP Logged

Ranbir - Konkona starrer Wake Up Sid to release on Oct 2 Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, March 13, 2009 - 18:47 IST

Konkona Sen Sharma, Ranbir Kapoor Karan Johar's Dharma Productions and UTV Motion Pictures today announced that they are all set to release its film Wake Up Sid on Oct 2, 2009. Wake Up Sid is produced by Karan Johar and distributed worldwide by UTV Motion Pictures.

The film is being directed by debutant Ayaan Mukerji and stars Ranbir Kapoor and Konkona Sen Sharma. The music of the film has been composed by the celebrated trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy.

karansprincess
karansprincess

Posted: 18 August 2009 at 4:19am | IP Logged

Gauhar Khan-Rocket Singh- Salesman of the year

Gauhar passed the audition and has bagged a role in the Yashraj project. The project has been titled "Rocket Singh- Salesman of the year".

After Jhalak Dikla Jaa everyone has been wondering where Gauhar Khan has disappeared. But little do people know that during Jhalak, Gauhar got a call from Yashraj and she was asked to come for an audition.

The movie is a multi-starrer and also stars Ranbir Kapoor. Gauhar has been shooting continuously for the movie ever since Jhalak got over. Well that should explain her disappearance.

The girl does not let anything come in the way of her shoot. Recently Gauhar was infected with an eye infection and she had sore eyes. The doctor asked her to rest but she didn't take a break and went ahead with the shoot, though she did take precaution in the form of eye drops and dark glasses - Sampurn

karansprincess
karansprincess

Posted: 18 August 2009 at 4:20am | IP Logged

Bipasha to glam up Rocket Singh with a special song

By: Amul Sharma   Date:  2009-08-18   Place: Mumbai

Shimit Amin's Rocket Singh - Salesman of the Year starring Ranbir Kapoor has got a shot of spice in the arm. The film, which is supposed to have no female lead opposite Ranbir, will feature Bipasha Basu in a special song in a glam avtaar.

Sources confirm that Bipasha's song will be the only glam part of an otherwise male lead-dominated film.

Where's the oomph?

A source reveals, "Rocket Singh is a character driven film with no clear lead pair. Suddenly, after they began shooting, the idea of no oomph in the film didn't seem right, Aditya Chopra had a word with Shimit and bounced an idea of an item number with Bipasha in it.

Chemistry worked

The source adds, "The director liked the idea and Bips was roped in for a song and a few scenes. Another reason for Bips being in the movie is that Yash Raj really liked her chemistry with Ranbir in last year's Bachna Ae Haseeno."

Bipasha will shoot for the film in two weeks on a set in Yash Raj Studios. A spokesperson for Yash Raj says, "Not true at all." The film hits cinemas worldwide on Dec 11 this year.

karansprincess
karansprincess

Posted: 18 August 2009 at 4:20am | IP Logged

karansprincess
karansprincess

Posted: 18 August 2009 at 5:22am | IP Logged

Ranbir Kapoor's Sikh Sardar Role

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DZKwEyadq0

Go to top