Ramayanam Updates - Episode 96 Update posted on Pg 12 - Page 7

Posted: 14 years ago
Thanks Mallika Akka, Mellisa and Arjun_Meena for the compliments. Mallika akka, its so nice to see you here.

Since Indrajeet had done such a good job, I thought I can put up a detailed update of this part of the episode. I'll get it done maximum by tomorrow. Please bear with the delays.
[THIS IS A MEMBERS ONLY POST]
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Continuation - written update for Episode 95:

" Prince of Demons! In this battle of Righteousness, even you will fall dead and the one who bears the Veena Flag will fall too! Today, my Lord's younger brother, Son of Sumitra, Lakshman will surely send you to Yama Loka." These words from Vibhishan set Indrajeet's temper on fire. "In a short while, we'll know who gets sent there by whom!" roared Indrajeet. "I'll send you there along with Lakshman, you betrayer!"

Filled with anger, Indrajeet pulled out a black arrow from his quiver to shoot down Vibhishan. Lakshman stood ready with his arrow pointing towards Indrajeet.  The Prince of Demons aimed at his uncle clenching his teeth in anger. Lakshman let loose an arrow of his own. Their arrows met mid air and exploded in a burst of green light.  Indrajeet was shocked to see that Lakshman had stopped his arrow.  Lakshman faced Indrajeet defiantly.  Indrajeet pulled out another arrow and aims it at Lakshman and let goes angrily. It seems like Indrajeet has lost his calm.  Silent, but furious, Lakshman meets his enemy's attack with his own arrow.  Lakshman then took careful aim at Indrajeet and shot his arrow. But this arrow did not meet the target. Indrajeet vanished just in time to escape the dart.  As Vibhishan and Lakshman were wondering where Indrajeet had gotten to,  he reappeared above them among the clouds.  The battle continued. Indrajeet shot from high above yet Lakshman's arrows stopped them midway. Indrajeet now began to use arrows that multiplied itself on the way. Lakshman met them with arrows of his own which could do the same trick.  Indrajeet was totally flabergasted. Lakshman stood there calmly with a faint smile on his lips. White arrows met the black ones from the Demon Prince and destroyed them preventing them from reaching the target. This sort of battle continued for a long time Indrajeet growing more and more frustrated and disappearing from time to time to reappear elsewhere.  Indrajeet was a magician and was using his skills well. Lakshman stood there determined to vanquish the demon. Both of them were quite a match for each other.  Both were unequaled in skill and prowess and rained arrows on each other blocking the opponents darts.  the onlookers wondered speechless as to who would emerge victorious. 

Now, Indrajeet was at his wits end. It was time for desparate measures and use his most powerful weapons.  As Vibhishan and Lakshman looked on, he meditated and brought forth the Brahmastra.  Confidently he aimed it at his opponent and released the arrow. The Brahmastra with the arrowhead of glowing lotus petals sped towards the target.  As Indrajeet waited expectantly, the arrow shot forward towards Lakshman but it stopped before him. Lakshman gracefully bowed to the powerful astra of the creator. The arrow then turned back and flew away without even touching Lakshman.  Indrajeet's jaw dropped in surprise.  Immediately, Indrajeet prayed again and this time called upon Pasupatastra.  Lakshman stood fearless beside Vibhishan awaiting the next onslaught from the Prince of Demons.  Even Vibhishan watched open-mouthed at the spectre. Indrajeet awaited seething with fury as the astra of the god of Destruction reached his enenmy. The astra that steals the lives of the Kshathriyas stood before Lakshman like a friend. With a slight smile, Lakshman paid respects to the Pasupatastra. It looked as though Lord Shiva's astra looked compassionately on the Lord(Ram)'s brother and returned to its abode.  For the third time, Indrajeet closed his eyes and lifted up his bow praying for the Narayana Astra. With a blinding light, the weapons answered his call and Indrajeet aimed it at the young prince of the Solar Race to extinguish his flame of life.  Even the heavens roared as Indrajeet pointed the arrow at Lakshman. TheNarayana Astra with a golden glow at its head like Lord Narayan's Disc, the Sudarshan.  Rippling with energy, the Astra crossed the distance between the fighting princes. Vibhishan looked on in fear as to what would happen next. But Lakshman's sharp eyes did not show even the slightest hint of fear.  With a sweet smile, he bowed down to this Astra too.  The Astra went around Lakshman (Pradakshina) and flew back to Indrajeet who was staring at the spectacle completely dumbfounded.  The Astra spoke to the wide-eyed Indrajeet, "Meghanaada, I cannot do injustice just to let injustice and unrighteousness win. This is against Dharma." Saying so, the Astra vanished from the battlefield.  Indrajeet rage shook his whole chariot. Qucik as a flash, Lakshman shot a powerful arrow at Indrajeet. Quick as a flash, the Mayaavi prince disappeared from the path of the missile.

Indrajeet disappeared from the battlefield and appeared on the skies above the Palace of Lanka.

"Father!" Ravan, hearing his son's voice came to the balcony to face him. "Meghanaada." Seeing his son's troubled face, he inquired further, "Why have you come here now? What happened? Were you able to complete the yaaga?"

Sadly, the Prince of Lanka shook his head. "No, father. The one who was born with you (Vibhishan) came there with the monkey hordes and spoiled the whole thing."

Ravan's face contorted in anger.  "Why didn't you kill that betrayer then and there?"  "I strung the bow and fired my arrows, father. But that Lakshman stopped my weapons very easily." Ravan didn't like the sound of this. "All my prowess was defeated by Ram's younger brother."

"That Vibhishan must have been the reason for this too. Lanka's betrayer must have told them the secret of Yamastra."

"No, father. The secret of the Yamastra is known only to the beings I worship. The stuff Lakshman has learnt is definitely not what the mortals know of. He is not an ordinary human being. I think he is an incarnation."

"Indrajeet!" Ravan, thoroughly irritated by his son's words stopped him. "What you say ill befits you. Did you come all the way here from the battlefield just to say this?"

"No, father. I respect you more than just a father. But I have come to tell one thing to the Ruler of Lanka. Will you give up your lust for Sita that will will surely lead us to the grave, Father?"

"INDRAJEET!"

Though expected, the demon king's rejection of his pleas hurt the prince. Ravan stood there fuming as his son looked at him in desperation.  Indrajeet tried to explain to his father that Ram was Lord Narayan's Avatar and Lakshman is no ordinary human either. Ravan was still adamant and angry with his son and taunts his own son that he had been frightened by their powers. Ravan told his son that his body and mind had become tired and to go away and rest in his palace. Indrajeet couldn't believe his father was this stubborn.

"The place I will go to now is not the Palace, O King! It will be the blood filled battlefield. I came here concerned for the welfare of the hero of Lanka. Please bless me. " With these final words to his father, Indrajeet bowed down to his father from his chariot. "I fight with courage. I would like to die as one of the courageous. Either I will exhibit my prowess in the battlefield and kill the whoever has come in the human form of Ram or if he really is Narayan, let me be killed by his hands. I consider both as a victory. "

Ravan, now happy,   blessed his son. Inrajeet's eyes were filled with an inexpressible sorrow but his father's eyes were blinded by all things that should not be possessed by any living creature. Though his father blessed him, he knew the war will never turn out according to his father's fantasies. He ordered his charioteer to steer the chariot.

In another wing of the palace, Mandodari stood facing her son eyes streaming with tears for she knew what was to become of her son. Indrajeet bowed down to her. Indrajeet was her only livingson and she tried to convince him to stay alive. "I heard all. Knowing that the one who has come is the Lord himself, are you going to proceed? At least you can worship Lord Ram's feet. Inthis race doomed to hell, at least you can reach heaven. " A mother's anguish poured out as words and tears. ButIndrajeet couldn't do it. He respected his father too much to belittle him in front of others. Though his father had chosen the wrong path, he chose to stick to his father in life or death. "Please forgive me if I had done anything wrong." Indrajeet's final words to his mother brought uncontrollable grief upon her.

Unexpectedly, Sulochana arrived there. Indrajeet who didn't expect her, turneds toward her.

" I have no intention of  stopping you from fulfilling your duty to your father. But I do want to ask you one thing. I think about you every moment of my life. You have prepared to go without even seeing me?" In a low voice he replied, "I thought that you will stop me with a tearful face if I had come to see you." "You have misunderstood me. Look well, my Lord. You wife is not a coward who will stop you from going to the battlefield. A true wife will think only about the greatness of her husband and partake in his duty. I too am one of that kind. I came to give you courage and not to make you falter. " Indrajeet felt blessed to have obtained such a wife. "Go, my Lord. Fulfill your duty and come back to me victorious. Your wife Sulochana will always think about you." Graceful hand of the demon prince lifted up to bless his wife who had proved her mettle as always. She looked so divinely pretty in her graceful dress, shimmering jewels and clear bright eyes with no trace of sorrow or tears. The same woman who had shared his life and who was the reason for all his success stood by him even in his last moments. She did not cry or wail. She faced him with the same courage and bravery that made his farewell so much easier. For the first time since his encounter with his mortal enemy, Indrajeet's face some peace, serenity and a faint tinge of smile.
"You will live long, Sulochana. You will live long!" With one last obeisance to his mother, Indrajeet left for the battlefield.

There is a dialogue between Mandodari and Shurpanakha. Shurpanakha asks why Indrajeet had come to the palace in the middle of the battle. Mandodari still in tears tells her that he came to tell his father what every single soul concerned about his welfare had been telling right from the beginnig of the affair  - to stop the war and surrender himself to Ram.

The last bit, I'll complete tomorrw. Sorry for delaying so much.

Coming up:

Thanakoru nirahilla adhisaya baanam
Thanakoru ilakinai, ediriyai theda
Kanai thoduthaan andha Sumitraiyin putran
Kadalumizh kanayadhu analena odunga
Gadhiyilla edhiruym kalangiye paarka
Kaatrena purapadum ganathinai noekka
Bhuvanamum nadungida, grahanamum (ghaghanumum) kalangida
Manamadhin veghathil puyalena paaindhadhu

"LAKSHMANAAAAA!!!" the dying prince's voice faded into the darkness.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO! THIS CAN'T HAVE HAPPENED! THERE IS NO POSSIBLITY THIS COULD'VE HAPPENED" Ravan lost his last progeny to the war.

Edited by Vibhishna - 14 years ago
Originally posted by Vibhishna

Thanks Mallika Akka, Mellisa and Arjun_Meena for the compliments. Mallika akka, its so nice to see you here.

Since Indrajeet had done such a good job, I thought I can put up a detailed update of this part of the episode. I'll get it done maximum by tomorrow. Please bear with the delays.
It's a pleasure to be here, Vibs dear!😃  Tamil is my first love after all ! Keep up the good work.
Vibs, the last part of your update brings back old memories when we all cried at the Rakshasakul Indrajeet's death. 😭 It was brilliantly done by Praphulla Pandey and Ankit Arora.  👏You have described everything in vivid detail.  Thanks so much.
Thanks Vibs, for this part too..

I really loved ur updates... Lakshaman and Indrajeet were really  match for each other.. their acting was so good..

Vibs, can upost the song, Vandhan hanumaarar vaayu kumaaran, when ur time permits....

Edited by meli - 14 years ago
[THIS IS A MEMBERS ONLY POST]
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Indrajeet's Last Battle:

"Yes, Shurpanakha. Indrajeet has gone to the battlefield to meet his downfall. He has gone to the battlefield to shed his blood just to obey his father's orders. My son has gone to embrace death! to embrace his death . . . " Mandodari's graceful form shook with sobs of grief. She could not reconcile with the fact that her son knowingly went to lay down his life and she could do nothing about it. Shurpanakha didn't know how to console the Queen of Demons.

Dark clouds filled the sky and lightning from the heavens lashed out upon the battlefield. Vibhishan, Lakshman and the Vanara Army were waiting for Meghanaada to appear again. Finally, Lakshman asked Vibhishan, "Where did Indrajeet go, Maharaaj? All of a sudden I can't find him anywhere. What are your thoughts, Maharaaja? What are you thinking about? What magic will he use next?" "Indrajeet can achieve anything with his magic. Only he knows what he would do next. It will be better if we are careful." Lakshman's shrewd eyes scanned the battlefield.

At that moment Indrajeet appeared among the dark clouds.

"I have the answer to your doubts, Lakshman."

"Did you get frightened and hide yourself so long?"

"A person who hides with fright will not come to the battlefield, Lakshman. I am a brave warrior. I have come with full fury to destroy everyone. Lakshmana! Lift up your bow!"

Saying so, Indrajeet locked an arrow in his bow. Lakshman shot an arrow of his own. The arrows anhilliated each other in mid air. Indrajeet brought his chariot to the ground. The battle continued thus with both the opponents aiming at their enemy with fury. Their arrows met mid-way exploding in a terrific blast of energy. The air resounded with the sounds of the blast and Indrajeet's frustrated roars.

Lakshman locked a long arrow in his bow and aimed it skywards. His eyes closed, he chanted a mantra suffusing the arrow with glowing energy. Sharp eyebrows lifted as the piercing eyes of the scion of Raghu's Race opened and his full focus was directed at the demon who stood opposing him. Strong. graceful hands held the bow and arrow in place and pulled back the string to its maximum limit. Indrajeet tried to counter this attack but Lakshman's arrow just lew past Indrajeet's arrow and split into two before reaching the demon. The two arrows vapourised the demon's hands rendering him helpless.

"LAKSHMANAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

Indrajeet screamed out loud enough for the whole world to hear. As Indrajeet wathed in horror, Lakshman called forth divine powers again. A pillar of fire from heaven lit up the whole place and spiralled down to the Prince of the Solar Race. Lakshman's arrow head glowed with unimaginable energy. Indrajeet's eyes were red with panic.

"If the son of Dasaratha, Baghawan Sri Ram is a truthful person, is an epitome of truth, if he is an incarnation set as an example to all the fourteen worlds, let his Astra, behead the egoistic son of Lanka!"

Lakshman's words echoed throughout the battlefield. No matter how he was protected, Indrajeet cannot win over the essence of truth.  The heaven's roared in unison with tongues of lighting lashing forth.  The unparalleled arrow searched for a target in the enemy. Lakshman swung his bow in a graceful arc and pointed the arrow at Meghanaada. The arrow released by the Son of Sumitra gushed with the energy of the ocean waves and seethed with the fury of the heat of flames.  Lakshman's eyes were aflame with anger and fury. The demon prince watched on with dashed hopes and watched the arrow rushed forward like the unstoppable wind. The entire Universe trembled as the arrow charged forward to finish off the last living son of Ravan. Even the Asoka Vana felt the tremours of the powerful arrow. The demons guarding Sita could not keep their feet on the ground. Meghanaada's eyes widened with dread as he knew this will be his last moment. Lakshman's flaming dart severed the demon prince's head.

"LAKSHMANAAAA! ! ! . . . ."

Indrajeet's echoes rang throughout the field. Vibhishan let his eyelids drop over his eyes as he saw his brother's last hope fall and drew in a deep breath. Indrajeet's corpse deprived oh its head and hands fell to the ground.

"NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" Ravan flared up in disbelief. His mind body and soul could not accept the fate of his eldest born son.  The Lord of Lanka screamed out in horror. " "THERE IS NO POSSIBILITY THIS COULD HAVE HAPPENED! IT IS NOT POSSIBLE! NEVER POSSIBLE!!!"

That was the end of Indrajeet. It was a fabulous episode. I loved the song in the background when Lakshman shoots the final arrow.

A spoiler for the next episode: Indrajeet's farewell message to his wife.
Edited by Vibhishna - 14 years ago
Thank you Mallika ji. I miss the old times too.

Arjun_Meena, thank you. I'll post the lyrics of the song as soon as I can. Do you remember which episode or scene the whole song is played? I'll put down the lyrics as soon as I can.

Vibs,

Again an excellent update.. No one can ever this much beautifully depict Ramayana, the great epic  and this much vivid in words.. U r doing a great Job.. May the almighty be bby ur side always...

U r a great writer.. Hope to see your writings, if any please let me know... I mean ur thougths or stories or articles...

A drop of tear filled my eyes when Indrajeet who though repented for his dad's mistake, lost his life just for his dad's words.. I was really moved, when the last word uttered from his Mouth was the ypunger Princess name..

Reg, Vandhan hanumaran song, i think it was played in the episode where a naught small hanumar went near the son thinking it as an eatable.. Though i am not 100% sure, it was during his childhood scenes... Also, the song was palyed in hindi when he takes the snajeevini parvatham.. but i need it in tamil..

Thanks for ur updates and help for that song..

Thanks Arjun_Meena. I'll get the lyrics of that song as soon as possible. I have been trying to make a blog of my writings. I'll let you know once it is ready. 😊
Vibs, good job once again.  Keep on writing, you are very talented😃 Let us know when your blog is ready!  I will be ready with comments😆