Ramayanam Updates - Episode 96 Update posted on Pg 12 - Page 5

Posted: 14 years ago
Vibisna, thanks for the updates...
I was able to catch it this week...
Rama and lakshmana with the help of Hanuman destroying pAnchavaktharam... that was a great scene...

I loved the song in the BG.....
[THIS IS A MEMBERS ONLY POST]
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Episode 77 - Written Update:

The first rays of dawn brought about a lot of activity within the gates of Lanka. Soldiers with weapons, shields flags and banners ran in an organized manner through the streets and assembled before the gates. The demon army gathered in great numbers before the gates of Lanka - the foot soldiers, the cavalry and demons on elephants assembled, ready to fight. The demons on the elephants beat the war drums that resounded throughout the city as those on horses arranged themselves in neat ranks and those on foot filed into their usual patterns. The trumpet of the elephants mingled with the thuds of the huge drums that awoke everyone in Lanka and proclaimed the impending war.

"Lankaadhipathi Ravaneswarar!" ------ Vaazhga!

The demon army made way for their king as the soldiers cheered the monarch by lifting up their weapons, flags and banners.  The demon king rode to the front in his chariot inspecting the army that had gathered.

"Vaazhga Lankeshwarar! Vaazhga Lankadhipathi!"

The demon army repeatedly cheered their king as he rode forward.

"Lankaadhipathi Ravaneswarar!" ------ Vaazhga!"

"Lankadhipathi Ravaneshwarar!" ----- "Vaazhga! Vaazhga!

"Lankadhipathi Ravaneshwarar!" ----- "Vaazhga! Vaazhga!

Ravan held up his hand and the soldiers stopped their cheering and stood in attention to hear the king's speech before the war.  In his harsh voice, the king addressed his army,

"Brave warriors of Lanka! We should break the bodies of our enemies and torture them! Ram and his Vanara Sena should run away from Lanka on seeing you.  Remember, warriors! We have thousands of weapons. But the Vanaras have only maces, stones and branches and trees in their hands. They cannot even dream of defeating us with those.  Victory will always be ours. " More cheers erupted from the demon army accompanied by the drum beats.  Weapons, flags and banners were raised high cheering the king for inspiring such confidence. The demon king continued,  "When the Sun rises, the war will have begun. When the Sun sets, Ram and his army would have been destroyed by then."

-----

The small grasses on the path swayed in the gentle morning breeze. A single shadow darkened the ground that was faintly illuminated by the half light of dawn.  Graceful feet walked past the rocky path towards the top of a raised rock.  With quick, sure steps Ram climbed the rock with his mighty bow clenched firmly in his hands.  His strong limbs and graceful form looked determined. Even the darkness seemed to run away from him as he climbed up and as he rose to the height the Sun too rose in the sky. Both the Sun and the warrior of the Solar Reached the peak at the same time.  And the pleasant red sun looked like a halo to Lord Ram as a divine hallow adorns the head of Lord Vishnu.

"Prabhu Sri Ramachandramurthy!" ----- Vaazhga!

Sharp beautiful eyes looked down below at the army who had cheered him thus.  The day became increasingly brighter and Ram looked upon the huge army of monkeys and bears as the breeze gently wafted his hair.  There were monkeys and bears everywhere within the reach of human eyes.  The red banners bearing the symbol 'OM' and decorated in gold were raised high as the cheers from the army gathered for the good cause reached the heavens above.  One of the monkey chieftains got up and shouted "Hara Hara Mahadeva!" One of the vanara soldiers shouted out "Jai Sri Ram!" Everyone else echoed the same words. Ram looked upon his soldiers with a smile. Shouts of "Jai Sri Ram!" were raised sky high along with the maces, flags and banners the vanaras held in their hands.  Ram addressed the gathering before him.

"Epitomes of gratitude! This son of Dasarath greets you." Saying so he held his hands in front of him and bowed to all of them. Every single soldier reciprocated this gesture, including Vibhishan, Hanuman Sugreev, Jambavan, Angad, Nal and Neel who were in the front of the army. Ram continued, "You are the harvests of bravery who have come to uproot/destroy every evidence of injustice.  We have gathered here in huge neumbers to destroy the arrogant enemies. Let the universe realize that there is no equal to the light of our united powers.  Let the flowers of dharma bloom as we shed our blood in this war.  The Lady of Victory (or Goddess of Victory) always stands by the truth. "

The chief Vanaras and Jambavan look at each other and nod in agreement at the inspiring speech.

"Let us ignite the fire of True Justice!" Ram's voice echoed throughout the whole field. The vanaras echoed his words, "Let us ignite the fire of True Justice!"

"Let us sharpen our weapons - our achievements!!"

"Let us sharpen our weapons - our achievements!!"

"Did we come (here) to be frustrated seeing the dances of evil? No! We came destroy the evil ones who destroy others. Your muscular shoulders have been restless for war. In this war against those who have been drunk in useless pride, let us clear the thoughts of those evil ones or clear the Earth of those evil ones!"

The bears and monkeys cheered in unison and the fierce sounds of the jungle folk jingled throughout the army.

"We will kill the ones who have destroyed justice!" All the vanaras looked fierce in anticipation of the war against injustice.

"True warriors! After this war, only nothing except the salvages of war should be left. . When there is war, there will be destruction. Rivers of blood will flood the battle fields. All of us might feel the pangs of death. Yet we have come to fight!" Ram stood on the rock eyes ablaze with fury.

"We have come to fight to enhance the light of the sacred! We have come to fight to bring an end to the army of the one with the flag bearing the Veena (Ravan - according to Tamil Versions of the Ramayana Ravan's flag symbol was the Veena.) In this war we will make sure we accomplish this!" Saying so Ram held out his bow parallel to the ground as if taking an oath to finish of the demons.

Lakshman who was standing just below raised his voice and shouted, "King of Ayodhya, Sri Ramachandramurthy!" Shouts of "Vaazhga came from the army.

"King of Ayodhya, Sri Ramachandramurthy!" ----- "Vaazhga"

"King of Ayodhya, Sri Ramachandramurthy!" ----- "Vaazhga! Vaazhga!"

"Sri Ramachandramurthy!"  "Vaazhga! Vaazhga!"

"Vaazhga! Vaazhga! Vaazhga! Vaazhga! Vaazhga!"

"This war will finish all that was destined to happen and  give new life to all. Let us plough out the hearts that have been infected with evil." More cheers erupted from the vanara and reeksha army.

"Without water there is no harvest. Without war there is no life for Dharma. Let the good prevail over evil. Let the world say that this was a war fought for Dharma!"

"War! War! War! War! War! War! War! War! War!"

Cheers of exploded from the army gathered for the Prince of Light. Every single being there earned to get his share of fighting for the good cause.

"Let us make known to our enemies who have come to live and who have been destined to fall."

"War! War! War! War! War! War! War! War! War!"

"With the strength of our shoulders, let us destroy the demons! Today, we go to perform a yaaga in the name of war. As the great fire blazes in full splendour, let us sacrifice all the demon creatures in it.  Also let us burn that evil, arrogant and unjust Ravan as well. As the dawn of the day is sure after the night, our victory is also sure after this war. Let us teach bravery to those demons! "

"Jai Sri Ram! Jai Sri Ram! Jai Sri Ram!" The vanaras roared in frenzy

"Let us ignite the fires of bravery! Let us paint the epics of victory. The mother of Dharma will be with us.
Mother Sakti and her Lord Mahadeva are on our side. Warriors who roar like the sparks of Lord Shiva's third eye, let us win this war!"

In his loudest voice, Ram belowed " HARA HARA MAHADEVA!!!"

Every vanara and reeksha there echoed "Hara Hara Mahadeva!"

"HARA HARA MAHADEVA!!!"

"Hara Hara Mahadeva!"

In a tone of finality Ram shouted "Let us win over the demon hordes!" and pointed towards the city of Lanka whose gates were still closed.

The army of monkeys and bears rushed madly towards the forts of Lanka with their own war cries. Maces, banners and the flags were raised high as the soldiers shouted 'Jai Sri Ram' and ran across the fields. 

The blooming sun rays from the sky illuminated the hordes of vanaras and bears running towards the city of Lanka. From the battlements of Lanka, the demon archers saw the Vanara army approaching. The demon chieftain (nice make-up) gave an evil lopsided smile on seeing them. It seems as though he has a plan of his own and seems to be pleased on seeing the enemy 's armies.  As they drew closer he gave orders for his soldiers to aim their weapons at the fast approaching armies. As one they pointed their bows towards the rushing vanaras and held their pose. The Vanara army was fast approaching. The archers pulled their bowstrings back and waited. Vibhishan looked at this and wondered what they were up to.  Hanuman, Ram and Lakshman were watching from the rear.  The vanara army dashed forward fearlessly. Vibhishan wondered as to what it this could mean. Lakshman asked him whether there is some treachery involved.

The demons on the battlements kept careful watch of the distance between them and the approaching army. The demon chieftain waited till the enemies were near and then gave a casual gesture pointing to the vanaras. They released their arrows on the order of their chief. These arrows did not strike the vanaras directly but soared up high in a graceful arc and struck the earth just before the approaching army. Instantly, the land gave way and a deep trench was formed at the foot of the front rank of the Vanara army.  Those in the front rank stopped dead in their tracks but the those in the back who were rushing in the frenzy of war did not slow down. As more and more Vanaras pushed forward, the entire front ranks toppled into the trenches. Those in the middle did not know what to do and were helplessly pushed towards the edge and then into the trenches. The demon archers in the battlements of the guarding forts, now loaded their bows with fire tipped arrows, took careful aim and fired. As the Vanaras struggled to get up, a rain of fire fell from above. The fires thus lit spread rapidly. It seemed as though the rakshasas had prepared the trench with inflammable stuff in it.

Hearty laughter issued from Ravan.  He boasts about how Ram's army has been defeated. Mandodari reminds Ravan that the same Vanara sena had defeated Ahiravan and Mahiravan. But Ravan as usual is deaf eared to her pleas and leaves the place in complete irritation.  But when he was among his generals (his sons) he started boasting again.

Coming up:

"Jai Sri Ram!" The vanara, though in pain cheered his hero as he came near. Ram felt as though his heart would break as he saw the destruction reeked upon those who fought for him.

Edited by Vibhishna - 14 years ago
Hello friends.

Sorry I just disappeared with no message at all. I had to deal with some issues and I faced a lot of technical difficulties. Though I won't be able to give detailed updates as before, I can give shorter updates whenever I can.

Please let me know if my updates here are needed.
wow.....great work with this uodates Vibhishna.

I am sorry that I never visited this thread before....due to my tight schedule.

Keep up the good work dear.
Thank you atina.

I just wanted to know if my updates are still needed here. Even if one person wants the updates, I'll keep posting them. 😊
Vibhishna, I thought you had stopped doing the updates.  I am glad you are back, and yes, I would love it if you continue with the updates since I don't always get to watch the episodes.  It clashes with the time I teach my sloka classes at the temple.  Thanks a ton.  This is a great service you are rendering.
Thanks eljay. I'll give a short update of this week's episode. From next week onwards I'll write more in detail.

Its great to know that you teach slokas at the temple 😊
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Episode 93: 3rd January 2010

Hanuman flies over the land carrying the entire mountain of herbs. On the way, he happens to fly across the land of Ayodhya. Bharat shot a powerful arrow at him thinking he was a demon come to destroy Ayodhya. Hanuman fell to the ground crying out Lord Ram's name. Bharat, realising his mistake, and wakes up Hanuman. Hanuman comes to know that the person in front of him is Lord Ram's brother Bharat and tells him that Lord Ram always thinks about him. Bharat comes to know that the vanara is Hanuman, Lord Ram's devotee. Both of them embrace. Bharat eagerly enquires about his brothers and sister-in law. Hanuman tells him all that had happened. Bharat is shocked at all that had happened to them. Hanuman takes leave and flies South.

Ram is devastated at his brother Lakshman's condition. He pleads to Surya Dev not to rise till Hanuman arrives. Hanuman finally arrives with the whole mountain. Sushena acquires the Sanjeevani herb, crushes a bit of it and holds it under Lakshman's nose. Lakshman wakes up in a few moments screaming, "Maayaavi Meghnaada!!!" He then realises that he is not in the battlefields. Ram embraces Lakshman and is very happy to see his brother healthy again. Ram tells Lakshman that Sushena and Hanuman saved his life and Lakshman thanks them both.

Hanuman takes back the mountain and allows the Sun to rise again. The vanaras sound the conch so that Sita knows that all is well in the Vanara Camp. Ravan is beside himself with anger. He screams at the Sun and throws his royal physician Sushena into the dungeons branding him as a traitor and saying that he will be put to death.

Indrajit tells his father that he intends to perform a Yaaga for Nikhumbila Devi and he needs a day off for that. Ravan suggests that he himself goes to war but Indrajit does not agree. He says that he will use magic to confuse his enemies and stop the war for a day.

In the battlefield, Indrajit appears and teases the vanaras. He then reveals that there is someone in the chariot with him. It turns out to be Sita. He blames her for all the misfortune that befell Lanka and his family and before everyone he slew her.

Hanuman sobs in front of Ram about what Indrajit did. Ram was shell shocked to hear that his lady has been killed and falls to the ground in a dead faint.

The last scene shown was Lakshman, Hanuman, Jambavan, Sugreev, Vibhishan holding the unconcious form of Ram.

Episode 93: 10th January 2010

In the Vanara camp, Lakshmana cries holding Rama's head in his lap. Rama is totally oblivious to everyone's pleas to wake him up.

Ravana enjoys his momentary victory and praises Indrajeet. Sulochana greets her husband Indrajeet and says how proud she is of his victory. But Indrajeet tells her he is not happy because it was the victory for his magic and not prowess. He also tells her that his magic will not be able to fool them for a long time and he has to become invincible. Sulochana is very confident that her husband will be victorious always. Indrajeet plans to worship Nikhumbila Devi to become invinvible and gain a celestial charoiot and divine weapons.

Sita hears that her husband fainted in the battlefield. Trijata explains that Indrajeet 'killed' a Maya Sita and on hearing of her demise Rama lost conciousness. Sita pleads to the Earth to give her husband the message that she is safe.

In the Vanara camp, Rama stirs and sits up suddenly calling 'Sita!' Everyone are happy to see Rama wake up again. Back in the Asoka Vana, Sita hears her husband's voice calling and looks up in joy. To spil the moment Surpanakha arrives to taunt Sita, but she retaliates saying that there is nothing to be proud of what has happened.

Back in the Vanara camp, Ram is devastated thinking of Sita. He mourns her loss. Vibhishana explains that this must have been an illusion from Indrajeet. When no one could believe what he said, though they fervently wanted it to be true, Vibhishana suggested that they find the corpse of the slain Sita. Everyone sets out for the spot where the Maya Sita was killed but were confused when they found no trace of any such event. Vibhishana concluded by saying that Devi Sita must still be alive and Indrajeet must be planning to perform a yaga to Nikuhumbila Devi. Once that is done he will be invincible and no one can ever defeat him. He also suggests that his yaaga must be stopped. Ram agrees and sends Lakshmana with the Vanara forces along with Vibhishana.

In Ayodhya, Urmila, crying profusely, refuses to open the door to her chambers. When Mata Kaushalya orders her to do so, she opens the door and cries out that all the doors of her life has been closed and that her husband will not return. She tells the 3 mothers that Lakshman had been attacked by a life taking force. All of them confront Bharat and make him tell all that had happened to the trio who left for the forest. They are upset with him that he kept back the information from them. Kaikeyi gets so furoius that she orders Sumantra to prepare the army and send word to all their allies and start for Lanka to aid Ram in the war.

(Honestly, I don't know where they found all this! Urmila saying that her husband won't return was the height of it not to mention the drama put forth by Kaikeyi. I'm not blaming the actors, of course, they did a very good job. But the story is too incredible to digest any bit of it.)

Guru Vasishta stops her telling that Ram and Lakshman can take care of themselves and that Lakshman is dafe and well now. He also tells them that Bharath is not at fault and he was the one who witheld the information from them fearing their reactions to it.

Indrajeet gives instructions to his soldiers to guard the place well and starts his yaaga. Lakshman, Vibhishana and the Vanara forces arrive at the foot of the mountains where Indrajeet had chosen to perform his yaaga. Lakshman wants to attack directly but Vibhishana tells him that they shouldn't be so hasty. Hanuman says that they need a plan and their goal must be to stop the yaaga at all costs and nothing else.

With firm resolution and the anticipation of battle etched on their faces, Lakshman and the Vanara forces move forward towards the cave where Indrajeet was.

The end. Except for the drama in Ayodhya, the episode was fine.

Hi Vibishna,
How r u? Hope u r doing well... and hope u remember me...
I am extremely sorry for not appearing here to provide the necessary support to u for the Great Ramayana updates... Really sorry for not being here for such a long time...

I was able to watch the episodes these days and it was s'day which i missed.. Tats wen i remembered ur updates... I really felt very bad about myself for not visiting the thread and thinking about it only when we need it... SO i rushed here to see ur updates... How we human forgot things unless there is a need...

I found one thing.. U were also absent for long time.. We both being Ramayan fans, have stepped in almost same period.. not a great diff... God's grace...

I assure u that i il be here to support u... Please keep updating...
Thanks for being here....

I am happy to see some ppl here.. Tat's a great sign...

Coming to the play,
I was really moved by the episodes where Lakshmana was harmed by poison and Rama was crying for him making him lay on his lap..
Rama and Hanuman where so great u know... teh acting was too good... They boht made tears trickle down my eyes... Hats-off them too... THe epsiodes were good..

Adding to this is the scene, where lakshmana after waking up hugs Rama and then Thanks Hanuman and the vaithiyar...
Rama and lakshmana were great brothers.. I just loved that scene...

So Ram felt that Sita is safe.. That's a good sign...

Thanks for the updates...