Page 1
Page   of 12
Page 2 Page 12

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Hello Friends Smile

I'll try my best to provide updates for Ramayanam serial telecast on Sunday mornings from 10:30 to 11:30 AM.

Any doubts, discussions and information to share is most welcome.

Here is what I know about this serial.

This Ramayan is a Sagar Arts serial. This is the Sagars' second attempt at Ramayan. The first version by Ramanand Sagar was telecast about 20 years ago with Arun Govil as Ram, Deepika as Sita, Sunil Lahri as Lakshman. It was dubbed in Tamil and telecast in Tamil Nadu as well.

This second Ramayan is again a Sagar Arts show but I think was done in collaboration with NDTV Imagine (not sure about this information)

Cast of this new Ramayan:

Ram - Gurmeet Choudhary (Though he is a Hindi artist, he has acted in a negative role in a Tamil Serial by name Maayavi which was telecast in Jaya TV in 2005. It was the first 3D TV serial in Tamil. He has acted in movies too - Koi Aap Saa, Cycle Kick and also in Hindi Reality Shows such as  Pati Patni aur Woh.

Sita - Debina Bonnerjee - (She has also acted in Maayavi as the heroine. She had acted in the Tamil film Perarasu - her name was changed to Damini for the Tamil Cine Field. She is a trained singer and Kathak dancer.)

Lakshman - Ankhit Arora (This is his debut performance - he is a trained singer and hopes to release his album soon.)

Urmila - Meenakshi.

Bharat - Vijay Bhatia (He has acted in other Sagar Arts serial like Jo Ishq ki Marzi Woh Rab ki Marzi and one ofhis serials is telecast in DD National)

Shathrugan - Lalit Negi

Dasarath - Pankaj Kalra (He is a famous actor and he has acted in Hindi movies and serials and Sagar Arts Shows. Some of the serials in which he makes his appearance are - Jo Ishq ki Marzi Woh Rab ki Marzi, Mahima Shani Dev Ki, Vijay - Desh ki Ankhen etc.)

Kaushalya - Rajni Chandra (She has acted in many movies and Sagar Arts serials - Dharam Veer, Dharthi ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan, Mahima Shani Devi ki to name a few)

Hanuman - Vikram Sharma.

Vibhishan - Vinod Kapoor (He is mostly seen in supporting roles - He had played a minister in the court of Prithviraj Chauhan in Dharti ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan and also made his appearance in Mahima Shani Dev Ki)

Ravan - Akhilendra Mishra (A very famous actor both in movies and serials. He was well known for his role in Chandrakanta as Krur Singh.)

Mandodari - Jaya Ojha.

Dhanyamalini -
Another wife of Ravan (perhaps second to Mandodari in preference and mother of Atikay) played by a Gujarati actress Charul Bhavsar. She has also acted as a queen in one of the stories in Kahaaniya Vikram aur Betaal ki.

Indrajeet - Praphulla Pandey (He had acted in some TV serials and as Karna in Sanjay Khan's Maharati Karan, Mahabharat and Jai Hanuman. Recently he has acted as Hari Singh in Mahima Shani Devi Ki)

Sulochana - Supriya Walia.

Kumbhkaran - Rakesh Deewana, the best Kumbhkaran I have ever seen.

Edited by Vibhishna - 12 January 2010 at 4:49am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AahaanaRishi87shaliniastha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ramayanam Updates - Episode 96 Update posted on Pg 12" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 9:19am | IP Logged
[THIS IS A MEMBERS ONLY POST]
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Written Update for August 3 2009:

There wasn't much of a progress in the story.

Hanuman confronts the guards at one of the doors to Patal Loka. The guards trap Hanuman in a net and jeer at him saying that Ram and Lakshman will be sacrificed to the Demon Gods and they will get the prasad of human flesh when it is over. Hanuman becomes angry at their words and summons his mace (Gadhai/Gada) and defeats all four guards. He breaks the entrance to the passage and moves further.

Jambavan, Angad, Nal and Neel are still searching for Hanuman. They encounter a demon who wants to kill and eat them but everytime Angad tries to hit him with his mace, he disappears. Finally, after a lot of struggle and a lot of disappearing acts on the demon's part, Angad hits the demon on the head kills him. The four of them move in further in search of Hanuman.

Shurpanakha taunts Sita that she will be a widow by the end of the day and goes back and reports to Ravan that Sita has given up hope and she understands the situation. Mandodari says that Sita is Lanka's destruction. Ravan gets angry on hearing this.

Inside the palace of Ahiravan and Mahiravan, Chandrasena is pacing up and down trying to think of a way to save Ram and Lakshman. Her maid suggests that there are only two ways to stop the catastrophy - to befoul the sacrifice itself and to prevent the purifying rites that should precede the sacrifice from being completed.

Ahiravan and Mahiravan take and oath to sacrifice Ram and Lakshman as soon as the sun sets.

Sita sees a terrible bird going towards Ravan's palace. Trijata informs her that he is a messenger from Ahiravan and Mahiravan.

The messenger informs Ravan that Ahiravan and Mahiravan have taken an oath to sacrifice Ram and Lakshman to the Demon God after sunset and that they will not be able to contact him till the ceremony is over and that they themselves will come and meet Ravan in person after it was all over. Ravan is pleased by the news. Indrajeet suggests that they order for festivities to begin in Lanka.

When Ravan, Mandodari and Shurpanakha were discussing the situation, Mandodari says that Sita is the heroine of Lanka's destruction. Ravan explains that nothing can go wrong today and victory will be theirs. Mandodari asks if Ahiravan and Mahiravan cannot be defeated. Ravan replies that they are immortal. Long time ago, Ahiravan and Mahiravan had saves some honey-bee creatures from being stoned to death by some children. In gratitude for saving their lives, these creatures promised to take care that Ahiravan and Mahiravan do not die. They said that at the place where they save their honey there is a pot of elixir (Amrit Kalash). And when Ahiravan or Mahiravn die of injuries they will bring the elixir and bring them back to life.

Surya Dev appears to Sita and tells her that he wont set untill Hanuman has saved Ram and Lakshman. Since they are Suryavanshis (of the Solar Dynasty), it was his duty to protect them and her married life. Sita is happy on hearing this.

Ravan wonders why the Sun is stagnant at one place for such a long time. Mandodari says that the Surya Dev mocks at Ravan by disobeying his orders and his true master is someone else. She also says that Ravan cannot prevent what isto happen.

Hanuman flies through the undergrounds and encounters two rocks (demons). They mock at him and say that he will make a fine meal and grow huge. The episode ends as Hanuman faces the two huge rock demons.

I hope what I have posted makes sense. I may not have followed the strict order of events as shown in the episode but I have tried to string them all so that it is understandable.

Edited by Vibhishna - 20 January 2010 at 7:38am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AahaanaRishi87shaliniastha

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Promo for the next week showed Hanuman facing many demons of different forms and types and walking through many dangerous paths.

Ravan taunts Sita even further.

Most of the time the promo starts with the Vishvaroopam of Lord Vishnu.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rishi87

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 9:22am | IP Logged
[THIS IS A MEMBERS ONLY POST]
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Today's episode (August 16 2009) - written update:

Hanuman faces two demons who are shaped like boulders. They taunt him and say that he will be a good meal.

Hanuman tries to reason it out with them and let him move further to find Lord Ram. They just taunt him more and attack Hanuman. Weapons appear out of their surface and fly towards Hanuman while he handles those weapons with ease and destroys them with his mace. As a final assault, one of the rock-demons lets out a fiery beam at Hanuman which he relfects back at them with his mace. The two demons are destroyed.

Chandrasena tries to go the altar where Rama and Lakshman were going to be sacrificed to try to stop it at all cause. But she is intercepted by Ahiravan and Mahiravan. They infer that what she is about to do and push her back into her chambers. They dismiss her girl companion(s) and put some demons incharge to guard her door and give orders that she should not leave the place and if she tries to she should be killed. Chandrasena collapses on the bed crying. Ahiravan and Mahiravan tease her and say that very soon her 'Prabhu' will be dead.

Hanuman faces another challenge. As he proceedes he hears someone laughing. He enquires who it is. After some conversation, a demon appears - a skeleton like head with long white-silvery hair. It says that if Hanuman proceeds he will surely face death and tells him to go away. Hanuman goes forward and finds two huge pillars of rock that keep moving together and apart. They were so formed that they would crush anyone who dares to pass inbetween them. There was no other way to go further. Hanuman flies inbetween the huge rock pillars and holds his mace inbetween the pillars. The pillars are not able to come together and crush him. After a while both the pillars shatter and the demon is destroyed too.

In the Ashokavana, Sita is still worried about Rama and Lakshman but she is confident that good will prevail and her husband and brother - in - law will be safe.

Jambavan, Angad, Nala, Neela are still wandering in search of Hanuman and they wonder which direction he has taken. As they were pondering which way to go, Nal (or Neel - I don't know which one) spotted a tree in which 'Jai Sri Ram' was written and below it an arrow was painted showing the direction which Hanuman had taken. Elated, all four of them proceeded in that direction.

Ravan is enjoying in his palace with his wife, son and sister. He watches a woman sing and dance and enjoys it immensely. Even Indrajeet and Shurpanakha enjoy the performance. Only Mandodari is not very pleased. As Ravan is enjoying the dance (and the damsel) a messenger comes in and salutes Ravan. Irritated Ravan asks why he was disturbed like this. The messenger says that Jambavan, Nala, Neela and Angad are proceeding further into Patal Loka. Ravan is irritated - why should the messenger disturb him for such a trivial detail. Indrajeet tells the messenger that they can never get into the gates of Ahi and Mahiravan's palace. Even if they do, they wont escape alive. Ravan laughs and says that it will their fates to die in the underworld and hence they have gone there.

Another challenge in the path for Hanuman. He faces a tunnel that is controlled by a demon. Hanuman asks the demon to giv ehim way but the demon tells him to turn back and that he has to pass through the tunnel if he wants to reach the place where his Lord is imprisoned. Hanuman confidently replies that he will cross through any tunnel to save his Lord. As he moves forward, he is stopped by rows of spears that move criss - cross and capable of slicing anything that tries to reach the tunnel. Hanuman discovers that if he keeps his feet on the ground, the spears will hurt him but if he steps on the rocks the spears do not appear at all. He proceeds towards the tunnel leaping on rocks. On reaching the tunnel, the demon praises him for his intelligence and offers to give way. Hanumans suspects treachery and touches the rocks on the ground of the cave with his mace. Instanly blazing fires shoot across the tunnel. Hanuman realises that he has to step ont he ground and avoid the rocks within the tunnel. He crosses the tunnel successfully and the demon is destroyed.

Proceeding further, Hanuman finds a door. He thinks that if he crosses that door, he would reach the Patal Loka. As he moves forward, he is stopped by a Vanara warrior. He is mostly a vanara but seems to have a certain resemblence to a crocodile. The vanara introduces himself as Maharadhwaja and say that he is the door keeper of Patal Loka. Hanuman tells him to give way but Maharadhwaja refuses. A fight ensues between Hanuman and Maharadhwaja. Hanuman is amazed by the skill and bravery of the young vanara and asks him who his parents are. Maharadhwaja reples that the great Hanuman is his father. Angered, Hanuman attacks him furiously saying that Hanuman is a celibate and has never married at all in his life. He accuses Maharadhwaja of lying and insulting Hanuman and also reveals who he is. Maharadhwaja falls at Hanuman's feet and begs his pardon saying that he attacked him without knowing that he was his father. Maharadhwaja explains that when Hanuman set Lanka on fire, he extinguished his burning tail in the ocean and wiped his brow with his hand and threw his sweat drops into the water. A crocodile swallowed the drops and Maharadhwaja came to be.

Hanuman embraced his son Maharadhwaja.

The episode ends here.

Edited by Vibhishna - 20 January 2010 at 7:38am

Meena.IF

Meena.IF

IF-Dazzler

Meena.IF

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Vibishna Thanks a lot for the updates..
I watched s'day episode.. It was good seeing Hanuman demolishing the demons.. The cave scene was good.. I liked it very much.. something interesting...
I never knew Hanuman had such a son.. That was new n interesting too..
Finally, his son opened the door and paved the way to the temple where Rama and Lakshmana wil be brought..

I liked it when Hanuman told that he doesn't have time to show his love as he needs to save hs prabhu and ilaval (means the younger)..

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 17 August 2009 at 1:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arjun_Meena

Vibishna Thanks a lot for the updates..
I watched s'day episode.. It was good seeing Hanuman demolishing the demons.. The cave scene was good.. I liked it very much.. something interesting...
I never knew Hanuman had such a son.. That was new n interesting too..
Finally, his son opened the door and paved the way to the temple where Rama and Lakshmana wil be brought..

I liked it when Hanuman told that he doesn't have time to show his love as he needs to save hs prabhu and ilaval (means the younger)..

It was good to see Hanuman fight different types of demons. The fun does not end here - there is more to come even after Ahiravan and Mahiravan are killed.

I had only read that Hanuman went into the Patal Loka (the seventh and the last of the underworlds) and saved Ram and Lakshman. I thought that there might have been hurdles to cross but never knew what they were and which versions of Ramayan describe the events. Besides, the Ahiravan and Mahiravan chapters are not a part of Valmiki Ramayan or Tulsidas Ramayan or Kambaramayan. I know Krittivas Ramayan (Bengali) includes this event - apart from that I have no information.

The first time I saw the story of Hanuman's son was in Jai Hanuman. It was telecast some years back. All the stories I read and saw had described a fight between Hanuman and Maharadhwaja and when the truth was revealed Hanuman blessed his son and told him about his mission. Maharadhwaja stil refuses saying that he cannot fail in his duties. Hence, Hanuman had to overpower his son and tie him up (some versions say Hanuman bound his son with a rope and some other versions say that he used Maharadhwaja's own tail).

I had read a story earlier reagarding why Maharadhwaja was born . . .

A time before Lord Vishnu took incarnation as Rama, Devi Parvati found Her Lord Shiva meditating upon a name that sounded so sweet and melodious and gave the whole surrounding immense peace. It reverbrated across the distance and the ages. Curious, She asked her consort what mantra it was and what was its speciality. Lord Shiva said that it was the name of the next incarnation of Lord Vishnu - RAM. It will be the taraka mantra for all ages to come and proceeded to explain the greatness of Rama Naamam. Devi Parvati was astounded and asked Lord Shiva if He would not help Lord Vishnu in this glorious adventure. Lord Shiva replied that He will assume His eleventh form and help Lord Vishnu in this endeavour. Devi Parvati asked what part She should play when He helps Lord Vishnu. Lord Shiva replied that He will be a celibate and She need not participate in the adventure. Though Devi Parvati pleaded with Lord Shiva, He remained firm. Not willing to spoil Her husband's wishes but eager to take part in the divine play, Devi Parvati vowed that she too will come down to the Earth and bear a child from this eleventh form of Lord Shiva without breaking His vow of celibacy. She was the crocodile who swallowed the sweat drops and gave birth to Maharadhwaja. In some versions, she is portrayed as a gigantic fish.

That is all I know regarding this story Smile

Hanuman is played by an acotr named Vikram Sharma. He had done an excellent job. The Sagars have chosen their cast very well.

Meena.IF

Meena.IF

IF-Dazzler

Meena.IF

Posted: 17 August 2009 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Wow, Vibishna.. It was good to know this.. Thanks for the information.. U know a lot about Ramayana..

I too agree that Hanuman does his job well.. U know I like the song in tamil, which was palyed during hanuman's childhood.. Vandhan Hanumaran vaayu kumaran.. I liked it very much.. I liked Hnauman's story a lot... though i haven't seen Jai Hanuman... My kutty cousin's used to see this..

oh, they have made this story from various versions Ramayana... IT is great to know all these..

Thank you once again...

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 17 August 2009 at 11:06am | IP Logged
You're welcome. Jai Hanuman had a lot of differences from the original story. It was bit more dramatic than the other serials. But it was quite good.

I love the dialogues and most of the songs in the serial. The music, sets and effects are really good.

I am waiting for the song which will be played when Ram shoots the final arrows to kill Ahiravan and Mahiravan. The song was too good in the Hindi episode and I'm waiting to see how its done in Tamil.

The Sagars have combined the legends from different versions of the Ramayana.

Meena.IF

Post Reply New Post

Go to top