Chat Clubs

Invite Only? - Your view!

Poll Question: Should we allow invites only/ friends only clubs?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
2 [100.00%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 11

Page 1
Page   of 11
Page 2 Page 11

Athena90

IF-Rockerz

Athena90

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Hello,

For those of you who do not know me, I am Sneha, one of the moderators for Chat Clubs. Yes, i have not been very active but i do handle CC issues silently. Embarrassed

Anyway, I am currently addressing one of the issues brought up by a member that I feel is important. I have my view on the issue. The other dev team members are discussing the issue as well. But I just wanted to her the opinion of you guys - the people involved in the issue.

Should we allow Invite only/ friends only chat clubs?

While some of you may say that there are issues you want to share with only friends, the purpose of IF and CC is for people to make friends and chat freely. As such, this invites only thing goes against our value. Also, it can be pretty daunting for new comers to come in and make friends when all the clubs are invite only, etc.

Now, i'm doing something different by asking for your views. Please do give your views as well in comments. However, NO ATTACKING OTHER MEMBERS.

While i'm asking your views, do note that FINAL DECISION BELONGS WITH THE DEV TEAM. Just because I ask your views does NOT mean i will have to decide based on it. I'm doing something different that not others may have done and i'm hoping you support my liberal and new approach.

Cheers,
Sneha

The following 32 member(s) liked the above post:

*Shruti*AahaanaMadiha_20resham12345ArTi_PrincessBilliCat.gugguhreeyaaammygurlFabolous_DreamzMitesh.PDark LoveAnhdara13-Grace-.BlackJack.bmtdluverAngelic_Jburgerchaapvirgo_gurl-dramaholic-U-No-PooMeghzzaish_punkshabo24x.sonia.xfour.-KD-spiritcrimsonanitamalik-Jwalamukhi--Priii-nikita_88

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Invite Only? - Your view!" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shabo24

IF-Sizzlerz

shabo24

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 8:13am | IP Logged
Really interesting topic!

I, for one am part of one CC here, and that CC happens to be a Invite Only CC. I do see the point, that perhaps people could be intimidated and felt unwanted, but that is not the "message" my friends and I are trying to send out by putting that label in the title.

I can't speak for every CC, not can I speak for everyone in the CC I am a part of, but the reason (as far as I understand) our CC simply came to existence was so our group of friends could have a place to chat freely. It's not that we are opposed to making friends, but it is just a place for us to chat, be stupid and rant essentially. It is really hard for us to talk as a group over PM's and some of us don't want to give our our personal information out. (ie: e-mails etc.) I saw the CC as a place to come and just chat, putting it simply with who I want to chat with.

But the point is, this place would probably be a great place to make friends. One of my friends is part of another CC and she's told me to check out a couple of post's made by her friends and there are some really interesting people on this forum that I would love to be-friend.

So, as a solution to that, maybe the mods could open a "free for all CC" where everyone is welcome and it just gives us the freedom to talk to everyone in the section while still having a place to talk a a specific group of people?

Also, just want to clear up the air, if anyone is insulted by the "Invites Only" on our "title" please don't be, its nothing personal, not aimed at anyone at all.

*edit add*

For some reason, the poll is not letting me vote. But I think there is no harm in allowing "Invites Only" CC's.

Edited by shabo24 - 16 August 2009 at 8:15am

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

xxXAanchaLXxxhreeyaaProdigalStudentDark LovekimmuAnhdara13-Ravjot-mimi0295ashmiiOzymandiasU-No-Pooarmaaniliciousvirgo_gurl-Priii--Jwalamukhi-Ishaqzaadianitamalik-Veena-indiandoll89

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 8:21am | IP Logged
For some reason, I can't vote either.

But I agree with Shabo (perhaps because we're talking about the same CC), the CC was created so we could stop spamming each other's FFs and shots with our random chatting, and ranting. A place for our group to vent like anything (which we do) and be utterly random without anyone taking offence. Because sometimes our convos are out there.

I think opening more free-for-all CCs would probably be a good idea though, or having one, as a sticky, so that nobody feels daunted. A free-for-all CC would allow people to make new friends, and then, these newcomers may actually become part of the 'invite only' CCs.

Again, like Shabo, I reiterate that 'invite only' is not to make anyone feel excluded or insulted, but rather so that we keep from indirectly, and unvoluntarily insulting anyone, or - okay, this made more sense in my head.

Love,
Radz

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

hreeyaa-Grace-bmtdluverDark Lovekimmumimi0295Meghzzshabo24OzymandiasU-No-Pooarmaaniliciousvirgo_gurl-Priii--Jwalamukhi--Veena-indiandoll89

armaanilicious

IF-Sizzlerz

armaanilicious

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 9:15am | IP Logged
I think An Invite Only CC gives us our privacy and hence should be allowed permanantly.

If you have seen our CC (All About Love) There have been numerous incidents where members create fake accounts come in and directly as well as indirectly insult us (yes inspite of the Invite only we still do get alot of visitors!) So if ul make all Cc's free for all it wud become a mess!

Ps. Im having problems Voting too
Thanks.

Karishma

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

mohini_agarwalRaina_luvDMGSweet MermaidbmtdluverAnhdara13kimmumimi0295-KD-virgo_gurl-Priii-Ishaqzaadi-Veena-Alu-anitamaliknadaanmasakalli

-KD-

IF-Sizzlerz

-KD-

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 9:24am | IP Logged
I am a part of a cc.and i know the purpose of "invite only"
we have had bad experiences earlier..and we  thought this place was appropriate ...for us...groups of friends or rather  a family..to chat freely and hang out

also  inspite of it being invite only..ppl do come on at times and insult us..like Karishma said ^^

so i think invite only is a better option..:)

Thanks

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

mohini_agarwalRaina_luvDMGSweet MermaidAnhdara13bmtdluverkimmumimi0295Meghzzarmaaniliciousvirgo_gurl-Priii-Ishaqzaadi-Veena-anitamalikAlu-nadaanmasakalli

Meghzz

IF-Sizzlerz

Meghzz

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Yes, I feel CC should be kept to being Invite only ..As it gives the members a certain amount of privacy to interact wuth the people they are comfortable with and avoids the constant fights we see in the main forums everyday!
So the CC is the only place free from all the negativity and mess because a certain group of members come together to interact with each other and refrain from directly/indirectly insulting or bashing anything/anyone.

By the way , I am not being able to vote either :S

Thanks for letting me comment.
Meghna xx

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

mohini_agarwalRaina_luvDMGbmtdluverSweet Mermaid-KD-virgo_gurlarmaanilicious-Priii-Ishaqzaadianitamalik-Veena-Alu-

anitamalik

IF-Stunnerz

anitamalik

Saraswatichandra Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 9:38am | IP Logged
As the members above me have said, the invite only in the thread title is NOT to put off anyone..Its just to show the members that this CC has a common group of friends and this is just their home to just talk freely...

I like the institution of Invite Only CC's...it gives people who make friends all over various sections of IF a chance to talk more easily without having to chat through PM  or something..IF is a place to make friends...which is what we do...We make friends, then open a chat club..I for one never even came to this section until I made a common group of friends..

However, everyone doesn't have to be exactly like me...they can come to this section first to make friends...which is why I agree with the members above us that the simple solution to this is opening more free to all CC's...where members can just be friends with each other and talk about stuff, and from then on, if they want to make their own CC's...then feel free too...

My friends and I came to this section after being bashed/ insulted at another section in IF...Our CC is our home away from home..it gives us the freedom to hang amongst ourselves...without fearing anyone coming in to bash..and as angel77 (Karishma) has said before...people do make fake acccounts STILL and barge in the CC and say something insulting or another.. when they know its invite only CC...its NOT to put off anyone, but to let the members of the CC feel secure with their surroundings and friends...

My point of view..

Thanks..

-Anita

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

mohini_agarwalRaina_luvDMGSweet MermaidAnhdara13bmtdluvermimi0295-KD-Meghzzarmaaniliciousvirgo_gurl-Priii-~*Mehwish*~IshaqzaadiAlu-nadaanmasakalli

anitamalik

IF-Stunnerz

anitamalik

Saraswatichandra Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mainu

Yes, I feel CC should be kept to being Invite only ..As it gives the members a certain amount of privacy to interact wuth the people they are comfortable with and avoids the constant fights we see in the main forums everyday!
So the CC is the only place free from all the negativity and mess because a certain group of members come together to interact with each other and refrain from directly/indirectly insulting or bashing anything/anyone.

By the way , I am not being able to vote either :S

Thanks for letting me comment.
Meghna xx

I agree...THIS IS the MAIN advantage of Invite ONLY CC's...if we are banned from having Invite only cc's...this forum would be a mess...

Thank you

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

mohini_agarwalRaina_luvDMGguggubmtdluver-KD-MeghzzarmaaniliciousIshaqzaadi-Veena-Alu-nadaanmasakalli

Post Reply New Post

Go to top