Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 02 September 2009 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tiny15

Originally posted by Aradhana87

Originally posted by sattvik

I guess your right then...

There are two types of people in Sri Lanka now: Tamils and Sinhalese.

Sinhalese = Singhal Dweep

The Sinhalese are probably originally from Bengal but live in Sri Lanka now.
I think u are right but as far as I know dweep means Island..thats why I also thought Singhal dweep was Sri Lanka.Embarrassed
ya aradhana u r rite & i know dweep means island & initially me too thought dat its sri lanka or may b s.india.but wen i read da Jayasi's Padmavat icame to know dat he didn't mean s.lanka wen he was mentioning sinhaldweep & also he mentioned lanka in it as lanka dweep only not as sinhaldweep & he also described da way btwn Chittor & sinhaldweep which historians & oder scholars of literature( Padmavat is used as epic in hindi literature 4 its depiction of difft "Rasas" like prem,vairagya etc.) found similar 2 da way btwn Chittor & Bengal,Orissa region.

So its possible dat in those times sinhaldweep was dis region & not 2days sri lanka

Thank you for explainingBig smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "is sinhaldweep Sri Lanka? (Page 2)" in Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.