Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Sneh-Jiwan

Mahi a very beautiful topic and is amazing that we always think about the beauty first whether its our own or what we see !! As mentioned by you in the topic it is the beauty that we are so concious about !! Millions of dollars pounds and rupees are spent either on beauty products or on plastic surgeries to look Beautiful !! But my dear friend some are not that fortunate that beauty has been given to them by God !! Like Rakhi Sawant has said What God cannot give you a doctor can !! But even sometimes the doctors cannot give you that beauty !! MJ is a great example in front of us !! Inner beauty is what a human being needs !! I fully agree with you that outer beauty is as important as the inner one !! I am so glad that you have brought out this topic and lets here what the others have to say !! This is the research on beauty at the present age !!

Today the cosmetics industry is one of the largest in the United States. In 2004, Americans spent $12.4 billion on cosmetics, an amount of money that is 33% larger than the amount needed each year (in addition to current expenditures) to provide water and sanitation for all people in developing nations, and, ironically, since cosmetics are often advertised as symbols of women's rights and independence, just slightly larger than the amount needed each year (in addition to current expenditures) to provide reproductive healthcare for all women in developing countries.[13]

Women devote an average of 19 minutes per day to treating and altering their faces.[14] The average American adult uses 9 personal care products each day, with 126 unique chemical ingredients.[15] Yet despite the 1938 law, and subsequent amendments, cosmetics are produced, tested, labeled, marketed, and sold with little FDA supervision beyond the banning of 9 ingredients (such as mercury and chloroform) and certain color additives.[12] Cosmetic companies are essentially free to make exaggerated claims regarding their products, and those producing anti-aging creams frequently do, using celebrity and/or physician spokespersons and scientific-sounding names. The toxicity of product ingredients is scrutinized almost exclusively by a self-policing industry safety committee, the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR) panel. Eighty-nine percent of the 10,500 ingredients used in personal care products have not been evaluated for safety by the CIR nor the FDA.[12] Many products contain ingredients linked to cancer, pregnancy problems, and other important health issues.[15] Because of underfunding and a greater focus on pharmaceuticals, the FDA only steps in when cosmetics and "cosmeceuticals" manufacturers grossly overstep legal bounds; fines are considered by larger manufacturers to be simply a cost of doing business.[12] 

Great my dear friend Keep it up !!

Well said๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mahikhan

Dil dekhne ki din chaly gaye,vinuji aj log ya jeb dekhty hai ya fir shakl.....๐Ÿ˜ณ--- ๐Ÿ˜ƒSun set Ek baar nahe hote bar bar hote hey mere dost...๐Ÿ˜Š.Kuch tho log kahegey kyu ki logo ka kaam hey kehana....chodo in beekar ki baatho ko....๐Ÿ˜‰Chehara badal jayega...mousam badal jaayega....Suche dil badalte nahe....๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hope you know the quote:" The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart"๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by Believe - 14 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Guys as we all are fond of beauty,all are beauty concious. I'm talking in general......like sometimes we don't feel like eating food but the way it is presented leaves no opion LOL,be it a beautiful sight,aesthetic sense,someone's interior or beautiful faces all attract us right?

So actually we love beauty.....
What impact beauty leaves on you?
What do you see in a person while making friends?
Do you look for beautiful friends or intelligent ppl to be your friends?
I see both...I'm very much beauty concious๐Ÿ˜ณ
Your comments are welcome๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Mahi sis I think you are beautiful.๐Ÿ˜Š

Originally posted by: Summer3

Mahi sis I think you are beautiful.๐Ÿ˜Š

Awwww.....thanks...i know๐Ÿ˜ณ
You tell us what impact does beaty leave over you?๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Awwww.....thanks...i know๐Ÿ˜ณ
You tell us what impact does beaty leave over you?๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yes we should look neat and tidy  and well groomed and dressed.
But not over do it or else we will look like a monster.๐Ÿ˜†
For friends I look for good friends whom we can click n trust. Looks not important.
Most important we must feel comfortable with each other.
chal_phek_mat thumbnail
What impact does beauty leave over you?

If it is the right gender

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

or in literary terms(as written at the back of the truck carrying vegetables")

Dekho magar pyar se๐Ÿ˜‰

Originally posted by: chal_phek_mat

What impact does beauty leave over you?

If it is the right gender

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

or in literary terms(as written at the back of the truck carrying vegetables")

Dekho magar pyar se๐Ÿ˜‰

Wahan toh yeh bhi likha hota hai:

buri nazar wale tera muh kala๐Ÿ˜‰
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
True beauty either sparkles so that you are blinded by it, or it dazzles you till you are dumbfounded by it. Edward was so beautiful he sparkled and dazzled, Bella was blind and dumb.

I manage to dazzle people with my personality, or rather its dazelle them. Most people get confused into a daze around me. I think if I am strong enough to hold enough gold like Bappi da I will sparkle too.

But whoever says that beauty lies in the eyes of a beholder is right. I used to have the most massive crush on Darth Maul and that one stunning orc from LOTR who had that manly gait.

On a more serious note, we are all shallow to a certain extent. Physical beauty does play a significant role in many of our friendships and relationships. However, despite that there is a part of us within, that seeks some sort of meaning and wholesomeness in life. Even the ficklest child may eventually pick the friend who is most fun to be with rather than the prettiest one. Even the most seasoned player may eventually fall for someone with whom they can be themselves rather than the hottest one. Most people do not seek perfection - in beauty or personality - but what works best for them. And when you genuinely like someone, they automatically become more beautiful by the day.

Actually the same goes for places, towns and cities too. Ultimately its the character of a place that appeals to people, that even rundown houses, and bumpy roads start appearing as the best places to live.

chal_phek_mat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Wahan toh yeh bhi likha hota hai:

buri nazar wale tera muh kala๐Ÿ˜‰

oh that is for the one's who love to tailgate a truck๐Ÿ˜†, I dont๐Ÿ˜‰

Originally posted by: chal_phek_mat

oh that is for the one's who love to tailgate a truck๐Ÿ˜†, I dont๐Ÿ˜‰

Kunse truck per?
LOL I remember once i read a sher on one truck n it was written....
Lfz jab tak nahi wudu kerty
hum nahi teri guftugu kerty๐Ÿ˜†