Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: angelic_devil

beauty makes me pleasant. but i know all that is beautiful is temporary so i enjoy the beauty and its me a bit of eye tonic and move on.

Well said,sandy....👏
Originally posted by: angie.4u

external beauty is transient - to be enjoyed momentarily till it wilts away. Inner beauty lasts much longer. If one is blind to it then its the blind man's /gal's loss.

LOL eventhough it is momentarilly....still we love bauty...dont we?
Agree to you inner beauty is actaully onething which many ppl look in for.....😊
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Yes, many times people don't turn out to be what they claim to be. But that is not completely there fault. On the contrary, it is our fault for expecting to see something that's not there, or for believing in something so much blindly. We should have enough sense to judge for ourselves and not believe what we're shown.

And once again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you do not think that inner beauty exists, then you will not see it. But if you do believe upon it, and search for it, you'll find it. Of course, that does not mean that inner beauty implies any sort of perfection. Inner beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, I think.

Cha gaye guru !😆

Re topic-

"You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her" - Anonymous.

Eventually i think every human realises that the skin deep beauty would get only that deep attention , its just that some people realise that later than others.

Some people say that others should look only at inner beauty and then themselves fall for any beautiful person they watched for the first time. But thats a different issue.😆

Originally posted by: mahikhan

What do you see in a person while making friends?
Do you look for beautiful friends or intelligent ppl to be your friends?

Erm, none, actually. I do not consciously make friend with someone, the same way I do not consciously like someone. It just happens...naturally. It is said that love is blind, and I think the same concept is applicable when we deal with platonic love as well. Yeah, I admit that I did make few friends with the 'hi-wanna-be-my-friend' attitude, but they never last long. The true friends I have isn't because I took a test and judged there beauty, IQ level, physical strength, etc. It just happened.

That said, since intelligence is an aspect of one's personality, it might be a crucial part on being friend.
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

Erm, none, actually. I do not consciously make friend with someone, the same way I do not consciously like someone.It just happens...naturally. It is said that love is blind, and I think the same concept is applicable when we deal with platonic love as well. Yeah, I admit that I did make few friends with the 'hi-wanna-be-my-friend' attitude, but they never last long. The true friends I have isn't because I took a test and judged there beauty, IQ level, physical strength, etc. It just happened.

That said, since intelligence is an aspect of one's personality, it might be a crucial part on being friend.

Exactly ! Friends happen, they are not "made" !

Moreover generally acquaintances convert to friends not when you take their test, but during the time you are being tested !😊

well i was not talking abt physical beauty. i was talking abt nature's beauty like  flower, trees, grass and all that.
but then for physically beautiful people also the same things applies. u just look at beautiful people admire them and move on. its not necessary to be friends with them. not even love them. its not a pre requisite for me atleast.
Edited by angelic_devil - 14 years ago
Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

Erm, none, actually. I do not consciously make friend with someone, the same way I do not consciously like someone. It just happens...naturally. It is said that love is blind, and I think the same concept is applicable when we deal with platonic love as well. Yeah, I admit that I did make few friends with the 'hi-wanna-be-my-friend' attitude, but they never last long. The true friends I have isn't because I took a test and judged there beauty, IQ level, physical strength, etc. It just happened.

LOL no one does that....i was talking in general....Agreed we don't make friends coz they are beautiful since Friendship just happen you dont need to think while making friends BUT i've seen people who want to friends with others coz they are much influenced of their beauty........
Originally posted by: angelic_devil

well i was not talking abt physical beauty. i was talking abt nature's beauty like  flower, trees, grass and all that.
but then for physically beautiful people also the same things applies. u just look at beautiful people admire them and move on. its not necessary to be friends with them. not even love them. its not a pre requisite for me atleast.

I appreciate you for also....😊
Physical beauty might be a temporary thing for ya but for many it does matter.
*shrugs*

The problem with physical beauty is that it gets worn away with the passage of time. Yet we are all drawn to it. The force it exerts is much stronger than anything else. It's like gravity, you cannot ignore it.
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thats a wrong comparison I m afraid. Physical beauty is way too transient to be compared to something so permanent as gravity.