Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Maniben.com Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Nagmati wasn't Ratan Singh's wife? Who's wife was she then? Gajendra's?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "is this d way? (Page 2)" in Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 17 August 2009 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tiny15

OMG,i never expected it 2 end so soon. but i think it shudn't end like dis.though dis show is abt Padmini but still they shud show da contributions of all da characters.

i agree wid sum of u dat they can show all things & few more episodes. may b beginning was bit strecthed but not dat much dat it shud end in so haste.

i hav read in "padmavat"(in bits & parts as its v.long) dat nagmati also commited johar but in history its not like dat & also nagmati was not Ratan Singh's wife & only Padmini was shown as his wife.
Oh I am hearing it for the first time that Nagmati was not Ratan Sings wife.
Can you tell me where can I find or how can I get "padmavat"? Thank uEmbarrassed

Jenifer.

IF-Sizzlerz

Jenifer.

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 18 August 2009 at 4:10am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sattvik

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Posted: 18 August 2009 at 4:42am | IP Logged
Thanks for that!

I guess if we all get hands on a copy of the Padmavat by Jayasi and get to read it, I'm sure we can find out what the truth is, I mean, the show wouldn't lie about it would they? They only lied about the ending as they didn't have the time to show everything....

Jenifer.

IF-Sizzlerz

Jenifer.

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 18 August 2009 at 8:37am | IP Logged
That's exactly what I thought. The Nitin Desai wouldn't add Nagmati (who is in a way one of the central characters) just because he felt like it. Nagmati must be a real historical figure. Just not a known one as Padmini gloried over her.

Although certain events in the show were changed. E.g., Khilji's encounter with Chetan Raghav.

tiny15

IF-Sizzlerz

tiny15

Posted: 19 August 2009 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
da link 2 article u hav given i saw it & i found dis article is taken from Jayasi's Padmavat. actually dis epic is in da form of literature like kalidas's creations & its da mixture of facts ,fiction & mythology.
Padmavat did mention Nagmati as Ratan Singh's wife & sumoder Rajsathani folklores abt it named her as Prabhavati but in history books which r 4 syllbus never mentioned nagmati or anyoder woman as his wife & only Padmini was mentioned.it also says dat Ratan Singh died due 2 wounds he got in da duel wid sum oder king who asked Padmini 2 cum 2 him after Khilji captured Ratan Singh & he fought wid dat king after rescued from Khilji by Gora & Badal who died while rescuing him. but in history books its said dat after getting rescued from Khilji Ratan Singh alongwid his soldiers fought wid Khilji & died while Padmini alongwid oder women of da fort commited johur.

if still there is confusion i"ll try 2 get it verified from oder history books. 

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 26 August 2009 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jenifer.

That's exactly what I thought. The Nitin Desai wouldn't add Nagmati (who is in a way one of the central characters) just because he felt like it. Nagmati must be a real historical figure. Just not a known one as Padmini gloried over her.

Although certain events in the show were changed. E.g., Khilji's encounter with Chetan Raghav.
How did that encounter happen then?EmbarrassedStar

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Posted: 26 August 2009 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
It is on wikipedia, try checking the Padmini article.

Also you can ask questions in the help desk.

Edited by sattvik - 26 August 2009 at 12:47pm

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.