Debate Mansion

Why religion is so important in our lives (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 7

Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 7

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 14 August 2009 at 8:36am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Summer3

. I doubt God generally gets involved in all such detailed work, so the theory of karma comes in which works on its own.

Ahh ! God himself uses shortcuts !

And then they blame it on human nature !LOLLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why religion is so important in our lives (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 August 2009 at 8:54am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 14 August 2009 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

The one making up the claim is under the burden to prove it, not the one denying it. Since you cannot prove a negative, the burden of proof is on his shoulder who is making the claim, and not the other way around. Also, disbelief isn't a belief of its own - it's a state of mind. Atheism, too, isn't a state of belief, it's a state of being (that's highly debatable, though; if atheism isn't a state of belief, but the default position, then what state would agnosticism be? Would it be anymore logical to label the 'I-don't-know' position as the default one? Maybe I should go and start a new thread on that one).

I do not believe in the existence of Harry Potter, hence I am not under the burden to prove that he does not exist / disprove his existence (which, logically speaking, is impossible and makes no sense; the concept of disproving something, either a physical object or a hypothetical concept arises when there are sufficient evidences for it - evidence to the contrary are only provided when evidence for it are available). Rather it is those, who believes Harry to not only be a fictional character, but a real one, are the one's who needs to prove me otherwise before I disprove it. Also, disbelieving in Harry Potter to be real isn't a belief of its own, believing it to be real is what is. I do not need 'faith' to disbelieve in Harry's existence; though, the one making up the claim of Harry existing needs to.

*Excuse the bad analogy; just trying to make up a point.*

Along the same line, one is free to say God does not exist, and yet be considered as a person without any form of [religious/theological] belief[s] - so long as he does not close his mind regarding evidences to the contrary (close-minded, militant atheists could be classed into the same position as the believers).

That is the only place where I disagree with WA.

Heck, I'm not an atheist, even if my lecture sounded highly atheistic.

Labib, you took my comment seriously. I was joking with Qwerty ji, obviously I do not expect him to disprove the existence of God or the need for religion.

And if I were to really attempt to prove the existence of God, then I will tell you now, that I couldn't do that. When I really want something, when I'm feeling down, when I feel lost, or even when I'm overtly joyful, I think of God. Perhaps its a means of comfort, or perhaps I am delusional, but I cannot help it. I like knowing that He's up there, somewhere, watching. And that's all that matters.

Anyways - you need to learn to take things more lightly, silly boy. Tongue

Anamika007

Anamika007

Posted: 14 August 2009 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
Yup I agree

Post Reply New Post

Go to top