Debate Mansion

Why religion is so important in our lives (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 7

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 7
Page 7 Page 7

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Religion is a way of life. It helps us understand the world around us, puts things in perspective, and gives us a set of guidelines to live our life by. Some of us take these "guidelines" more seriously then others, but the main goal is to be able to believe in something, to have explanations. I think that we, as humans, don't like not knowing things. We have a tendency to question everything, and to a certain degree religion gives us answers. And I think one of the greatest strengths of human nature is that we have the power to believe. And our beliefs are so strong, that we can lead our whole lives alongside those beliefs.

We need religion the same way we need scientific theories or philosophical theories. It is all a means of answering our "why's".

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

baz786

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why religion is so important in our lives (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

WillSmith456

IF-Rockerz

WillSmith456

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 5:13am | IP Logged
Religion is a guidance from God , The Almighty as how to lead the way in good ways and avoid evil deeds.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

baz786

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Religion is a way of life. It helps us understand the world around us,what way.. it doesnt explain physics chemistry bilogy, psychology..... puts things in perspective, meaning delusional and gives us a set of guidelines to live our life by. what guidelines set by 1000 years ago!!! Some of us take these "guidelines" more seriously then others, but the main goal is to be able to believe in something, to have explanations.again being delusional believing without reason I think that we, as humans, don't like not knowing things. We have a tendency to question everything, and to a certain degree religion gives us answers. And I think one of the greatest strengths of human nature is that we have the power to believe. And our beliefs are so strong, that we can lead our whole lives alongside those beliefs.

We need religion the same way we need scientific theories or philosophical theories. It is all a means of answering our "why's". how many why's have u had answered... some i know.. why we dont fight and kill each other.. why we dont have peace in the world... why people have to be atheisticLOL

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
Well sadly religion and politics always separate people.

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Religion is a way of life. It helps us understand the world around us,what way.. it doesnt explain physics chemistry bilogy, psychology..... puts things in perspective, meaning delusional and gives us a set of guidelines to live our life by. what guidelines set by 1000 years ago!!! Some of us take these "guidelines" more seriously then others, but the main goal is to be able to believe in something, to have explanations.again being delusional believing without reason I think that we, as humans, don't like not knowing things. We have a tendency to question everything, and to a certain degree religion gives us answers. And I think one of the greatest strengths of human nature is that we have the power to believe. And our beliefs are so strong, that we can lead our whole lives alongside those beliefs.

We need religion the same way we need scientific theories or philosophical theories. It is all a means of answering our "why's". how many why's have u had answered... some i know.. why we dont fight and kill each other.. why we dont have peace in the world... why people have to be atheisticLOL

Qwerty ji, perhaps i cannot prove the existence of God, but as long as you cannot disprove it either, you have no sufficient evidence to support your viewpoint. WinkLOL You're just playing devil's advocate here.

What is there to physics, chemistry, or biology? Religion does not tell you that the only book you have is a religious scripture. Religion does not stop or undermine progress. Science isn't against any religion either. Just because no religious scripture speaks about cells, and gravity, and carbon, does not mean that we as humans, cannot attempt to initiate discoveries. Why is religion always accused of prohibiting scientific progress? On the contrary, I think religion nurtures sciences.

Perhaps, blindly believing in God or a religion is delusional. But to someone who believes in the existence of God 100%, can just as easily say that you're delusional, for not believing in a particular religion.  Its all a matter of faith. As I said in a different post earlier, I personally think that our greatest power as humans, is perhaps the power to believe, if we set our mind to something, we can convince ourselves of pretty much anything - whether that's religion or no religion.

And yes, I've had many "why's" answered. Including why religion is of significance.

Anyways, have you heard that Bollywood song? ---- Meri nazar se tum dekho toh yaar nazar woh aaye. Aye Haye. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veilbaz786

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 14 August 2009 at 3:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic_devil

Originally posted by Summer3

Well sadly religion and politics always separate people.

actually politicians use religion to separate people who r already separated. religion is not a bad thing nor is politics its just that human beings have interpreted it in a wrong way and used it in a wrong way.

Yes Tweetie Bird, Religion is often abused by politician as proven by History.LOL
 It is said that man from religion has to progress to spirituality where all religions become one.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 14 August 2009 at 8:34am | IP Logged

The question of God and religion also raises the important question of reward and punishment.

I doubt God generally gets involved in all such detailed work, so the theory of karma comes in which works on its own. But guess God is able to intervene.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top