Debate Mansion

Why religion is so important in our lives (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 7

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 7
Page 6 Page 7

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 1:06am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why religion is so important in our lives (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 3:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Personally, I do not think religious scriptures holds much of truth. God can be found in the beauty and harmony of the Nature, not in the pages of a book. And that is my opinion; don't jump at me for suggesting so. LOL
Everyone is entitled to have his or her own concept of God.
Some think he is a Spaceman even.LOL
But yes God is Beauty.
Logically if God is omniprsent then everything is God too.

Some say God exists because we believe in Him.
But I think God is like the sun and we can "borrow " the light to do many things.

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 6:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 7:33pm | IP Logged
arre baba religion is so important - cos we need something to fight about isnt it?LOL.......

Dont you remember the famous Bonnie Rait song "Lets give 'em something to fight about...."

Edited by qwertyesque - 12 August 2009 at 7:34pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
Here is my theory about God.. Gods actually are aliens (who landded in UFO's for a change in India and not USA)  and did all that is put in the hindu puranas and Greek mythology... and the hindu's/greeks of that time worshipped them thinking they were omnipotent.... then other religions started following hinduism etc... for political reasons and now we have a dozen of those...

So God is an alien who visited the earth.. 3000 years ago... if you wait for another 1000 years they might come back. again....after completing another orbit....

Edited by qwertyesque - 12 August 2009 at 7:43pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

There are 300 religions in the world ' this is such an absurdity! If truth is one, how can there be three hundred religions?...I think these are only ideologies, dogmas, creeds...true religion has no name...There is no need to believe in any particuler one...but I believe in one supernatural power......but its true...There r believers in God so there are disbelievers in God. Whn the believers are gone, what is the need of disbelievers?Smile
What are you saying... doesnt christmas fall in winter in USA and in summer in australia...Santa comes in a sleigh here wheeras in a jetski in australia... so a truth can have several perspectives.... even if it is the same truth...

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

arre baba religion is so important - cos we need something to fight about isnt it?LOL.......

Dont you remember the famous Bonnie Rait song "Lets give 'em something to fight about...."

Religion can be used to control people so that is what the politicians do.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by Believe

There are 300 religions in the world ' this is such an absurdity! If truth is one, how can there be three hundred religions?...I think these are only ideologies, dogmas, creeds...true religion has no name...There is no need to believe in any particuler one...but I believe in one supernatural power......but its true...There r believers in God so there are disbelievers in God. Whn the believers are gone, what is the need of disbelievers?Smile
What are you saying... doesnt christmas fall in winter in USA and in summer in australia...Santa comes in a sleigh here wheeras in a jetski in australia... so a truth can have several perspectives....  even if it is the same truth...
YES...I agree My,Truth cannot become yours,otherwise it would have been very cheap.  If my truth could be yours then there would be no problem.
Einstein discovered the theory of relativity.  Now there is no need for everybody to discover it again and again and again...SmileEvery Religion searching for the Truth...different ways,Different methos.......Big smile

Belief simply means you don't know, yet you believe...A blind man believing in light, what can belief do? He dsn't need a prophet or a messiah.....I just wanna say...truth is in our heart..which is capable of healing  everything....Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top