India-Forums

Want to do your own research? (Page 2)

sattvik IF-Dazzler
sattvik
sattvik

Maniben.com Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 11 August 2009 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
Wow, so many Vanshis, any more?

Also, Samar Singh isn't said to be Prithviraj Chauhan's brother-in-law in the show. Samar Singh and Abha Devi are both alive.

From the site in the first post, there is a Samant Singh who ruled from 1172 A.D. - 1179 A.D.

It could be Samant Singh that was married to PrithaBai not Samar Singh, the one in this show.

The info on Samar Singh has nothing on Prithviraj Chauhan:
"Samar Singh 1273 AD - 1302 AD

Around eight inscriptions and texts provide information on some of the endowments and grants made by Samar Singh. These include the two Chittorgarh inscriptions of 1278 AD and 1287 AD, the Abu inscription of 1285 AD, the Dariba inscription of 1299 AD, the Chirwa inscription of 1273 AD and the Rasiya-ki-Chhatri inscription of 1274 AD. He was the first to have firmly established himself in Chittor and in the 1274 AD inscription gives the genealogy of his family. (Pinhey: 1996 :p.9) Jainism was probably the dominant belief at the time in Chittor though other beliefs of the various sub-sects of Jainsim also existed during this period. From the Jain 'Anchala-gachchha-pattavali' there is evidence to show that the Rawal banned the killing of animals in his kingdom after listening to the preaching's of Jain Acharya Amitsimha Suri. (Hooja:2006:p.328)."

So maybe, Samar Singh isn't related to Prithviraj Chauhan....

Can anyone give me info to when Samar Singh of Prithviraj Chauhan times died, like what battle did he die in? I know its the Battle of Tarain, but which one?

Also, GOOD LUCK TINY Big smile
Vibhishna Goldie
Vibhishna
Vibhishna

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 6:18am | IP Logged
I too thought that Pritha's husband might have been Samant Singh . . . But I was not sure.

I have to read more to understand more about the Rajput families. It is quite difficult to separate a string of information for the tangle our History presents Confused
sattvik IF-Dazzler
sattvik
sattvik

Posted: 14 August 2009 at 5:58am | IP Logged
For now we must assume Samant singh = PRC's brother-in-law so that we don't get confused with Samar Singh, Padmini's father-in-law, as they are 100 years apart and likely to be different.

Also, Yashovardhan or Gajendra don't become the King after Ratan Singh, they both might have died in the war protecting Chittod, so Hamir Singh becomes King, but that too after 23 years of an empty throne!

Source: http://eternalmewar.in/User/Research/Ancestry/Ancestry_03.aspx

Rawal Ratan Singh
1303 A.D.

23 Year Later....

Rana Hamir Singh
1326 A.D. - 1364 A.D.
tinku29 Groupbie
tinku29
tinku29

Posted: 14 August 2009 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
thanx guys for so much info....is anybody aware of Rani Nagmati's history is she mentioned anywhere in history????????
sattvik IF-Dazzler
sattvik
sattvik

Posted: 15 August 2009 at 5:19am | IP Logged
Yeah, she was married to Ratan Singh and committed Jauhar with Padmini.
Jenifer. IF-Sizzlerz
Jenifer.
Jenifer.

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 15 August 2009 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sattvik

Also, Yashovardhan or Gajendra don't become the King after Ratan Singh, they both might have died in the war protecting Chittod, so Hamir Singh becomes King, but that too after 23 years of an empty throne!

Source: http://eternalmewar.in/User/Research/Ancestry/Ancestry_03.aspx

Rawal Ratan Singh
1303 A.D.

23 Year Later....

Rana Hamir Singh
1326 A.D. - 1364 A.D.

Straight after Khilji captured Chittor, he appointed his son (Khizr Khan) as the ruler of Chittor. He ruled for 10 years and then in 1313, Maladeva (brother to the ruler of Jalor) took control of Chittor until Rana Hamir Singh took possession.

Now, I've read contradictory passages on why Khilji removed his son and appointed Maladeva as the Governor.

One passage stated that during the decade Khizir ruled, all of Rajasthan has been brought under Khilji's domination but he never desired to rule the different States. Infact, he wanted to make alliances with them so Maladeva served Khilji loyally and showered him with 5000 horses. This greatly pleased Khilji so he appointed him as the ruler of Chittor.

Another passage I read stated that in Khilji's fury of not attaining Rani Padmini, he massacered the remaining population and destoryed numerous temples and then fled to Delhi leaving Chittor in Khizr's care. This greatly furied the Rajputs so they constantly attacked Khizr and with him not being able to resist the attacks, he fled. So Maladeva took over and ruled in Khilji's tribute until Rana Hamir came and made the state Merwar independant again.
sattvik IF-Dazzler
sattvik
sattvik

Posted: 16 August 2009 at 8:04am | IP Logged
The second passage seems more realistic...
Jenifer. IF-Sizzlerz
Jenifer.
Jenifer.

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 18 August 2009 at 4:14am | IP Logged
I think it a combination of the two.

In the second passage where it's written "...Maladeva took over and ruled in Khilji's tribute..." I think that's where Maladeva gifted Khilji all those horses. I've read the same in other articles as well.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index