Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

Priyanka is great, says Shahid

Monday, August 10, 2009
Special:Kaminey

Are they or aren't they a couple? That's a question Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor steered clear of, even as he praised his Kaminey co-star Priyanka Chopra to the skies saying she is at her "career's best right now".

"I always knew Priyanka was a very good actress and after working with her in Kaminey, I think she has given one of the most splendid performances of her career. I think Priyanka is at her career's best right now," said Shahid.

"Apart from that she is a team player and it's great that she did this film in spite of knowing that the hero had a double role. She is a self-assured actor and very confident. She gives her best to whatever she does. I'm sure she'll be noticed and appreciated by the audience," he added.

Reminiscing his camaraderie with the beauty
queen-turned-actress while filming the movie, he said: "It was amazing and I had a lot of fun working with her. We started our careers almost at the same time (2003)."

The 28-year-old actor was in the capital to be a part of BIG 92.7 FM's Dilli Ka Kaminaapan Quotient contest and promote his film Kaminey at the radio station. The contest was won by 15 listeners who had to prove that they were the biggest kaminey of the city.

Releasing Friday, Kaminey has been produced and distributed by UTV Motion Pictures and written-directed by Vishal Bhardwaj. Writer-turned-director Amol Gupte makes his onscreen debut in the film.

Shahid is on a chain of promotional visits and has been noticed marketing the movie alone, without the leading lady. He explained, "Me and Priyanka are doing a lot of promotions together and also individually. We recently did a press conference together in Bangalore."

Kaminey has had its share of controversies considering a reported on-off relationship between Shahid and Priyanka. Shahid kept mum on this but insisted that such rumours added to "pressure" in a celebrity's life and career.

"People say that any kind of promotion is good promotion but I don't personally subscribe to that. The rumours add to the pressure. It's difficult dealing with speculations about your personal life all the time but I guess as an actor it becomes a part of your job, its an occupational hazard. But it's not a great feeling, you have to learn to deal with it," he said.

"It's ok to be a bit inquisitive about anything (from the media's side) but it's also important to have a little privacy of your own," he added.

Link : http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?ID=ENTEN20090104584&keyword=bollywood&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This would have proved to be a very popular Jodi !! 😳
Aw sweet praise by him and definetly she is at the top 👍🏼 ..they are both really private.