Debate Mansion

Why divorce is so common these days (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 9

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 9
Page 6 Page 9

Khatarnak

IF-Rockerz

Khatarnak

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by Summer3

When love dies things all fall apart. Before marriage open both eyes , after marriage close one eye. After a long while close both eyes. and the ears as well LOL

man there is nothing called love... theres just sex, indiffernce and tradition to live with...love is only someones unfulfilled dream or desires....

How about your love for your siblings, parents. relative, children, and friends - so why it's all about sex in between man and woman

I don't agree with you, what would you do if your spouse is in pain?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why divorce is so common these days (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 8:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Khatarnak

When love dies things all fall apart. Before marriage open both eyes , after marriage close one eye. After a long while close both eyes. and the ears as well LOL

man there is nothing called love... theres just sex, indiffernce and tradition to live with...love is only someones unfulfilled dream or desires....

How about your love for your siblings, parents. relative, children, thats tradition my friend...you cant choose any of those....and friends - so why it's all about sex in between man and woman...thats how nature made us..  we put restrains on our behavior...not nature...we super impose our intelliegence to override tht..which is not good....

indiffernce with the junta... and friends....

I don't agree with you, what would you do if your spouse is in pain?help her to any extent possible... but it may be out of duty, moral orotherwise... doesnt have to be love...Smile

Sadly the movies of yash chopra LOLand folk stories have overrated love!!!!

Edited by qwertyesque - 12 August 2009 at 9:01pm

Khatarnak

IF-Rockerz

Khatarnak

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 9:16pm | IP Logged

How about your love for your siblings, parents. relative, children, thats tradition my friend...you cant choose any of those....and friends - so why it's all about sex in between man and woman...thats how nature made us..  we put restrains on our behavior...not nature...we super impose our intelliegence to override tht..which is not good....

indiffernce with the junta... and friends....

I don't agree with you, what would you do if your spouse is in pain?help her to any extent possible... but it may be out of duty, moral orotherwise... doesnt have to be love...Smile

Sadly the movies of yash chopra LOLand folk stories have overrated love!!!!

Well said but why do we cry for each other especially when some one leave us - off course there is some kind of bond and it's not all about sex LOL

Edited by Khatarnak - 12 August 2009 at 9:21pm

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 10:26pm | IP Logged

one answer only women have started using their brains instead of their heart...Smile---lolLOL
Poor husband's prefer...legal separation only.......!!Wink

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 10:46pm | IP Logged

one answer only women have started using their brains instead of their heart...Smile

On the contrary, I think that women used to use their brains, when they listened to what society had to say, and compelled themselves to adapt to standards set by societies, when a woman needed a man to live a decent life, and had to force herself to bear the suffering she underwent in patriarchal society. Now however, a woman has the right and/or privilege to say "go to hell" and she can listen to her heart without worrying about what society thinks.

And perhaps Yash Chopra fantasizes the meaning of love and paints a more prettier picture than reality, but I do not think that love is non-existent. Perhaps we only do things out of moral duty, respect, or because we think society expects us to do something, but not loving does not mean that we do not have the power to love.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devil

.bohemian.

Goldie

.bohemian.

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 6:16am | IP Logged

What are your thoughts:

- is it lack of commitment
- lack of understanding
- very high expectations
- Family pressure
- lack of tolerance

There could be any number of reasons for the rise in the divorce rate in recent times. One reason could be that divorce is more socially acceptable to more people now.  Another reason could be that fewer people belong to religions that oppose divorce and/or fewer people following rules of religion. Another factor could be that in the past more people stayed in situations that today are considered abusive, and the increased awareness of what constitutes abuse and why leaving is desirable, could play a rule as well.

I agree with the reasons you cited. I believe marriages turn sour when a person gets married because he/she should be married and not because he/she wants to be married.

Edited by -Ritika- - 13 August 2009 at 6:19am

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 10:28am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 14 August 2009 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic_devil

i dont know abt love, but there are people who r incapable of falling in love.

I think that's only because they are incapable of loving for whatever selfish reasons. But that doesn't mean someone else can't "love" them, right?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top