Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Why divorce is so common these days (Page 4)

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 11 August 2009 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
The second link does not have stats. Just a lay person asking why the divorce is so high.

PS: I am not unwilling to accept that Scandinavia may have a high divorce rate. I refuse to accept biased or unverified sources.
Khatarnak IF-Rockerz
Khatarnak
Khatarnak

Posted: 11 August 2009 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

The second link does not have stats. Just a lay person asking why the divorce is so high.

PS: I am not unwilling to accept that Scandinavia may have a high divorce rate. I refuse to accept biased or unverified sources.

No one is forcing you to accept it RTH Big smile

Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 1:58am | IP Logged
Divorce...From the latin word meaning....to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet....WinkI think those who cant reconciliate..their best choice is Divorce...
SmileAnd its true thatevery marriage carried the divorce behind it. Either you have to become one day a hypocrite—you go on smiling and saying "dear" and "darling" and you don't mean it—or the society condemns you if you divorce. Marriage brings divorce in.....Big smileI think make your wife or hus as a working partner, ...marriage is only a working partnership. If it works, good; if it works your whole life, good. If it does not work, then say good-bye...But I think in india most of people think...I have children, I have a wife, I have my whole respectability in the society. I cannot divorce so easily...I think if the couple having children....and their fighting can have its share of damage on a child ....Embarrassed
Khatarnak IF-Rockerz
Khatarnak
Khatarnak

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 2:13pm | IP Logged

Today we live in a society where many marriages do not last. The truth is that our relationships are not healthier than before, but today as the pace of life speeds up and because people can leave their relationships far easier than ever before, more people do take the choice to leave.

On the one hand it is relatively easy (compared to previous generations) to leave a marriage, and at the same time media images have raised our expectations of our Partner.

The expectations we are led to believe both consciously and subconsciously are impossible to live up to. And so it is far harder to enjoy a happy marriage.

No woman can attain the level of perfection that airbrushing can provide, neither can men be as rugged, sensitive and heroic as romantic images might suggest.

So once the honeymoon period is over, both parties receive these media messages. And so there seem to be so many other more appealing choices for either party than the reality.

And so when they feel angry or frustrated with the other they begin to feel bitter and cheated. Then the bickering start and they grow apart. Not inevitably, but just because often they do not know how to get back on the path to a happy marriage again.

angelic_devil IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Khatarnak

What are your thoughts:

- is it lack of commitment
- lack of understanding
- very high expectations
- Family pressure
- lack of tolerance

There could be any number of reasons for the rise in the divorce rate in recent times. One reason could be that divorce is more socially acceptable to more people now.  Another reason could be that fewer people belong to religions that oppose divorce and/or fewer people following rules of religion. Another factor could be that in the past more people stayed in situations that today are considered abusive, and the increased awareness of what constitutes abuse and why leaving is desirable, could play a rule as well.

one answer only women have started using their brains instead of their heart...Smile
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
When love dies things all fall apart. Before marriage open both eyes , after marriage close one eye. After a long while close both eyes. and the ears as well LOL
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 12 August 2009 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

When love dies things all fall apart. Before marriage open both eyes , after marriage close one eye. After a long while close both eyes. and the ears as well LOL

man there is nothing called love... theres just sex, indiffernce and tradition to live with...love is only someones unfulfilled dream or desires....

Go to top