Debate Mansion

Why divorce is so common these days (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 9

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 9
Page 4 Page 9

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 11 August 2009 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why divorce is so common these days (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Khatarnak

IF-Rockerz

Khatarnak

Posted: 11 August 2009 at 4:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic_devil

i think in india it is very less bcoz people dont have an option. i am sure had there been no social bondages there would be many more divorce cases. and also it is not so easy to take divorce in india, its a very long and tiring job.
on the other hand i also feel that indians are more tolerant, accomodating and adapting or adjusting by nature. and in india marriage is considered a bond for the whole life. it is close to a sin to break a marriage.

Still just a percent against 50 percent

Khatarnak

IF-Rockerz

Khatarnak

Posted: 11 August 2009 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=return_to_hades][/QUOTE]

I am not sure how can you challenge the validity of the source (you can check other sources), and percentage is always calculated on total number (does not matter if its a large number or a small number) - for instance 1 out of two would be 50 and 2 out of 5 would be 40 percent.

Khatarnak

IF-Rockerz

Khatarnak

Posted: 11 August 2009 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Khatarnak

Originally posted by return_to_hades

I am not sure how can you challenge the validity of the source (you can check other sources), and percentage is always calculated on total number (does not matter if its a large number or a small number) - for instance 1 out of two would be 50 and 2 out of 5 would be 40 percent.

Here is another source:

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=779&date=20041230

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 11 August 2009 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 11 August 2009 at 5:38pm | IP Logged

I am well aware of how percentages are calculated.

I challenge the validity based on the repute of the institution compiling the information.
Also based on the fact that it does not define a base as to what constitutes marriage - does it exclude or include legal common law and cohabitation arrangements. It does not define what is divorce - does it differently deal with divorce, annulments and separations or are they lumped as one.

Secondly what is the percentage based on 
Is it the ratio of marriages a year to divorces in a year.
Is it ratio of existing marriages that end in divorces
Is it the ratio of new marriages that end in divorces. What is the cut off dates.
What sample did they survey - was the sample representative of the population. I could easily skew an American divorce study by sampling only conservatives or liberals.

Khatarnak

IF-Rockerz

Khatarnak

Posted: 11 August 2009 at 7:26pm | IP Logged

I am well aware of how percentages are calculated.

I challenge the validity based on the repute of the institution compiling the information.
Also based on the fact that it does not define a base as to what constitutes marriage - does it exclude or include legal common law and cohabitation arrangements. It does not define what is divorce - does it differently deal with divorce, annulments and separations or are they lumped as one.

Secondly what is the percentage based on 
Is it the ratio of marriages a year to divorces in a year.
Is it ratio of existing marriages that end in divorces
Is it the ratio of new marriages that end in divorces. What is the cut off dates.
What sample did they survey - was the sample representative of the population. I could easily skew an American divorce study by sampling only conservatives or liberals.

Any ways I have provided you another source, you can look for more Big smile

Khatarnak

IF-Rockerz

Khatarnak

Posted: 11 August 2009 at 8:59pm | IP Logged

Divorce as a social problem has affected families in both developed and undeveloped countries of the world. Communities are fully in support of marriage and most people are expected to marry once they reach a certain age. But many of today's marriages unfortunately end in divorce.

People of all social class worldwide have experienced this social problem of divorce even after they have undertaken traditional, and court marriages.

People in our communities believed that married coupled were bound to be faithfully and loyal to their spouses. Since marriage was regarded as a life time commitment.

Besides poverty for a proportion of women, there is often a loss of social support, Elder women and those with little professional

Over the years it is believed that the trauma experienced by children at the time of parental divorce is widespread. The children of unhappy parent have higher heart diseases during playful interactions. The reduction in financial resources so often follows divorce and is a root cause of children's problems.

In the case of divorce, when children are poor, they experience many problems in their likes. This is because divorce is not a single event but a series of transitions.

The custodial parents of a divorced marriage usually have difficulty in making ends meet and may work long hours. When they return home the may be too tired and usually have less time to devote to the children. As a result, children of divorced parent who are poor may receive less attention, guidance, supervision, encouragement and affection than other children. Moreover, their education is affected.

One outstanding problem of divorce on children is that of disposition a child who is brought up in a single or one-parent family is likely to suffer from lack of parental love, guidance and protection.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top