tulsi003 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Katrina Kaif will be joining the loony team of John Abraham and Abhishek Bachchan in the sequel to Dostana.
Still from Dostana

She has signed the deal recently and is now the leading lady of the film. But Katrina's not the only addition to the existing cast. Also in the list to woo and court her will be Arjun Rampal and Riteish Deshmukh. The two men have been taken on board to give the plot an extra zing.

Director Tarun Mansukhani has finally come up with the perfect script for the sequel to Dostana. Producer Karan Johar's brief to Tarun was, "Go for it ... I'll produce it only if you come up with the right script." And Tarun claims to have done just that. The sequel will have not one or two, but four men chasing the pretty girl.

Our source reveals, "Katrina was chosen to play the female lead after much deliberation. Dharma Productions has auditioned dozens of new girls. Actually, they wanted a fresh face for Dostana 2. But finally, after a tedious Google search, they felt that Katrina's 'most hit' status on the Internet makes it apt for her to play the role of the 'most hit' girl by the boys in Dostana 2."

"It speaks volumes for Katrina's professionalism that she has agreed to co-star with Abhishek, regardless of the rumoured differences with Aishwarya Rai over the Barbie doll issue and even with John, whom boyfriend Salman Khan has apparently declared as a prohibited zone."

Katrina, currently in New York, refuses to comment.

source: Times of India

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OMG wooow thats soo awesome i simply cant wait for this movie me so freaking excited it sounds so fun! John & Katrina in a movie again omg hot hot hot it cant get hotter *blush* ! The cast is sooo interesting! thanxx for the article dear i hope its true :)
sonam_s thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Dostana was not a great film. Can't they come up with fresh ideas instead of having sequels to every film which does well. It gets boring after a while.
eexxoottiicc thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Dostana wasn't the best movie to watch, yet it had its moments. I think it'd be cool to see Katrina in Dostana 2, despite my disapproval against sequels in general. I just hope they don't mess it up.
I dont think Dostana's sequal would ever come out.. And i hope it doesnt.. we keep hearing about these fake sequals coming out like for the movie partner..and many others but they never come out.. And i thank god for tat..lolz Edited by gugly - 14 years ago
-Adhoore- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Humm....i would prefere Priyanka or someone else but not Katrina....i dont like her acting....

lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Katrina is on the roll....

I just heard she wiull be participating in Independence parade in California with SRk.

She and SRk has been signed by YAsh Raj group in a movie.....This movie is going to be directed by Adi chopra.....anyone knows about it...
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I wish it was anyone but her! I was actually rooting for Rani b/c I wanna see Abhi and Rani together again! They have awesome chemistry! But Dostana 2 seems lame, 4 guys! I hope it's good!
-Aleeza- thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovanika

Katrina is on the roll....

I just heard she wiull be participating in Independence parade in California with SRk.

She and SRk has been signed by YAsh Raj group in a movie.....This movie is going to be directed by Adi chopra.....anyone knows about it...

Yeah I heard that too.. I'm opening up to Katrina for some reason so I'm happy for her.
Oh hope she fits in as well as priyanka did and its as good should be good.