•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

Director of Haasil does a 'Pulp Fiction'

Will have D's Randeep Hooda as one of his bad boys

Subhash K Jha

Although he plans to make a big period film with Sunny Deol somewhere in the middle of 2006, avant-garde director Tigmanshu Dhulia, whose earlier works included a well-received Haasil and a lukewarm Charas, has another film-noire up his sleeve.

"It is my own version of Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction, "Tigmanshu informs. "The dark genre is something I'm totally at home with. Like Tarantino, my film will be a gangster flick with a lot of humour. Even bloodshed has its lighter side. That's what I plan to explore."

For the two principal leads of the gangster 'heroes' Tigmanshu has cast his old favourite Irrfan Khan(who was part of the cast of both of Tigmasnhu's released films), and Randeep Hooda, who seems to be edging his way out Ram Gopal Varma's Factory. 

"Ever since I saw Randeep in D I knew he was right for the gangster's part," says Tigmanshu. The actor will be back from the shooting of Karma Confession & Holy in New York and immediately join Tigmanshu Dhulia's team.

After this film, Tigmanshu Dhulia goes straight into a period film set in 1857.

"But let me clarify – my film isn't about Mangal Pandey. Nor does it have anything to do with history. It's an entirely fictional take on a little-known period of history."

This would be Sunny Deol's second period film in 2006. He's also playing Prithiviraj Chauhan in Dr Chandraprakash Dwivedi's Prithiviraj Sanjukta.