Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sweetsorrow18

IF-Rockerz

sweetsorrow18

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
Yes, you heard me.....here's the article from dramabeans.com

Group Eight, the producers who butchered adapted Hana Yori Dango into the hot mess that was Boys Before Flowers, is adapting another popular Japanese manga for Korean television: Itazura na Kiss, or Playful Kiss, which was turned into an anime series as well as the Taiwanese drama It Started With a Kiss.

(Waits for manga/anime/Tdrama fans to stop swearing angrily.)

Normally, I'd be all for a kdrama adaptation of what sounds like a cute romantic trendy drama, but Group Eight has pretty much lost its credibility with me after Boys Before Flowers. Not that I didn't enjoy watching it, but it was nowhere near what it could, and should, have been. Group Eight is often mentioned as producing Goong, but that's not strictly true (there was that production company split with Group Eight and Eight Peaks). The titles that Group Eight can claim as exclusively theirs are Fantasy Couple (okay) and Goong S (highly disappointing). On the other hand, they're also doing Tamna the Island, which looks promising.

According to Group Eight president Song Byung-joon, the adaptation of Itazua na Kiss is next on their slate after Tamna, and they are currently in the planning stages. The licensing has been finalized and they are currently in the process of finding a scriptwriter. They are aiming to broadcast the series (I'll use the Korean title, ???? ?? or Playful Kiss) next summer.

Song did add that because the original manga never had an official ending (the writer passed away before finishing the series), the Korean version of Playful Kiss may choose to make its own, "entirely different, Korean-style ending." Just as long as nobody dies of sudden cancer harboring a hidden birth secret, we hope.

What do you guys think??? Will it be as successful at ISWAK?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Korean Version of ISWAK!" in Asian Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

untilwhenever21

IF-Dazzler

untilwhenever21

Posted: 07 August 2009 at 5:51am | IP Logged
ROFLMAO ! Butchered !.. Honestly I don't think they should make it into their own version.. Ariel - Joe were perfect, I can't see anyone else doing it better than they did and also I can't picture Koreans acting this drama out .. If anything I wouldn't mind seeing them do their own version of Hana Kimi *don't shoot me ! LOL*

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.AbhIyalicious.

Perfangel5655

IF-Sizzlerz

Perfangel5655

Posted: 07 August 2009 at 11:35am | IP Logged

have to wait to pass judgement. Usually nothing is ever as good as the original. Even for bbf though most people agree it was entertaining and it started a bbf mania thanks to the f4 eyecandies still the japanese one felt like a total different show. It felt complete.

I don't know much about the production house. I like fantasy but it is mainly because of the actor and actress. The story was fun but inspired by american movie. Everything else was strictly ok. I never dared to watch Goong s as everyone says it's a nightmare.

I hope it turns out well.

Edited by Perfangel5655 - 07 August 2009 at 11:35am

Henna 786

IF-Stunnerz

Henna 786

Posted: 07 August 2009 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Im not a ISWAK fan *sorry guys* but im lookin fwd to seeing Aerials character and if it is actually a lost lamb like the TW version, if thats the case if gna be kinda annoying for me.. i hope its a success though..

Namida

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 07 August 2009 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ammmu

IF-Veteran Member

ammmu

Posted: 10 August 2009 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Hmmm... I never watched ISWAK so I can't say much about how this adaptation is going to be, but... in terms of choosing the actors, I am hoping and praying for Kim Bum and Kim So Eun! ^^ I know earlier Group 8 said they didn't want to repeat any of the actors they have used before, but recently they said they are looking for fresh and new actors... (credit - www.bumsso.wordpress.com) and those two fit into the category. I have been waiting to see Kim Bum and So Eun together, I'd love to see them as the main romantic lead in a drama... sigh! Awaiting the updates on this! I actually never saw Hana Dori Yango either but I do know so many things in BOF were rushed and the drama as a whole just wasn't well done, in terms of fluidity of the storyline, editting... so I hope this isn't done with ISWAK. We shall see!

Edited by ammmu - 10 August 2009 at 6:03pm

Raiinie2

IF-Rockerz

Raiinie2

Posted: 18 August 2009 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
" Say that you Love me, Say that you CARE.."

None of you have watched ISWAK??? Where are all the people tht were here during the ISWAK phase..Jia/Khair..Taheera..Khush???
The drama sure did drag on forever and was dull at parts but it was all worth it in the end! Ariel and Joe were so perfect for each other and their flawless chemistry. Hehe I hope they just find someone good enough as them!!

At first i felt that HYD was a lot better than BOF like leaps and bounds better. Makino wasnt so annoying and the F4 wernt so pretty looking!  But slowly but surely BOF improved and stood its ground! LeeMinHo flying the flag high with its success, he was justtt wayy tooo gooood as GooJyun Poo!

Both of the adaptation was good in their way. Its always the case of liking the one best youve seen first.Since i watched HYD first il always prefer it over BOY! =D

Namida

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 20 August 2009 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bubbly@12

Post Reply New Post

Go to top