Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Ever chased by a Dog??????

Fair-n-luvly IF-Sizzlerz
Fair-n-luvly
Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Hi, Dogs are horrible with no offence to those who have pets....but they are horrible especailly when they are chasing youDead
My experience is pretty bad that also twice in London whenever i go to the Regents park with my nieghbour the same dog start chasing usCry
Guys ever chased by a dog? Share you views.......Ouch

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

BilliCat.Forever-KAbaz786

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
What are you doing to have the dog chase you? Unlike humans dogs do not enjoy harming people. There is always a reason.

I've been bitten by dogs and yet love them.
jettythegod IF-Rockerz

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

1.when i was walkin on the street a pup yapped at my feet lol i was so scared.. i didnt do anything to it! then i kicked its belly hard!!! and it fell into a well lolz

You kicked a puppy? Shocked

And people have a problem with me recommending Spartan when Trojan fails. ConfusedLOL
LOLLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 9:36pm | IP Logged

return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Dogs are very harmless creatures. Unless severely abused by humans, they never become aggressive. In fact if I were given a choice between saving ten drowning babies or a tough pit bull - I would save the pit bull. It would be more genuinely grateful, loyal, affectionate and trustworthy.

Just like humans or any other creature in nature, dogs display the fight or flight tendency. If they perceive harm they will either cower and run away, or they will snap, snarl - even bite. We have to realize that dogs have a different psychology. They do not think like humans. What may seem harmless, even friendly to us - can seem threatening to them. Sudden movements, sudden sounds can be perceived threatening. Some dogs will show aggression towards strange things like people wearing hats, or with low baritone voices, or people with afros - because they were - harmed by someone with such characteristics. A dog maybe attack and chase to mark their territory - in order to protect their pups, their food source or other perceived threats.

Another reason dogs chase is because they are playing. My dog gets excited whenever she sees joggers or people on bikes. If she was off leash she would definitely chase them. Dog sees person gets happy and runs to them. But because person is scared, they run instead of greeting dog. Dog thinks the person has invited them to play and the running is a chase game. They chase person as a game. The person unfortunately thinks dog is aggressively chasing them - not realizing they unwittingly invited the dog to a game of play chase.

If a dog ever comes barking/chasing towards you.

Remain calm.
Do not turn your back to the dog.
Do not make sudden movements or run
Stay put in your place
Remove any sort of fear or aggression towards the dog from your mind, they understand body language. Remain assertive, hold your ground, show that you mean no harm and are simply claiming your space.
Never ever throw stones, make wild hand gestures, or try to kick or threaten them. If you are genuinely terrified or dislike dogs much, buy citronella spray. You get it in any pet shop or vet. Its a gentle harmless spray that deters dogs. Just spray it in their face when they move towards you. Remember - Citronella spray NOT pepper spray.

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 9:45pm | IP Logged

Fair-n-luvly IF-Sizzlerz
Fair-n-luvly
Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Always keep a black umbrella handy if you have lots of unleashed dogs in your neighborhood or you have dog menace in the public parks you go for walks.  If it is button-operated - the better it will work.  Just open it right in the dog's face and see it run like crazy.  Trust me, that dog will not bother you again.  It is a time tested formula used by most meter readers working for any utility company....never fails to scare them canines away.

Too bad this doesn't work on the virtual dawgs though!
@Bolded...i know that,di.....but you making me laughLOL
Hey,
thanks will do it again but i've no plane to go to that Regents park againOuch

Go to top