Twilight

I Just Finished The Twilight Series

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

thornewood9

IF-Dazzler

thornewood9

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Hey guys I was just browsing through India Forums when I noticed that there is a Twilight forum too. I haven't seen the movie but my friends really like these books and they've been telling me to read them so I thought Why not?

So I read them. And I'm confusedConfused
I am a huge Vampire and Werewold fan. I love all the Anne Rice novels, Stephen King's Salem's Lot, Let The Right One In, and especially Dracula by Bram Stoker. Even LJSmith's stuff is okay (but not as amazing as the other books) so when my friends told me to read Twilight because vampires and werwolves are in it I thought Cool! Just the type of stuff I like! Big smile
HoweverGeek
This book does not have any vampires or werewolves in it.
Uh. Is it just me or did anyone else notice that? I pointed it out to my friends and they think I didn't read the books but I did and there were no vampires or werewolves in it. The Cullens aren't vampires and Jacob is not a werewolfOuch Jacob is more of a shapeshifter which is totally different from what a werewolf isOuch
I have to say I was kind of disappointed. And I didn't think the story was all that good either.Geek

Aisha xxxUnhappy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I Just Finished The Twilight Series" in Twilight forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TwilightLovee.

IF-Rockerz

TwilightLovee.

AKHGWBW Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
Hey, Welcome to the forum :)

Um, i'm gonna have to agree with your friends sorry...
but there are and werewolves lol. The Cullens are Vampires that is basically what the series revolves around, and Jacob is like half werewolffff lol. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

guggu-Alina-

thornewood9

IF-Dazzler

thornewood9

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TwilightLovee.

Hey, Welcome to the forum :)

Um, i'm gonna have to agree with your friends sorry...
but there are and werewolves lol. The Cullens are Vampires that is basically what the series revolves around, and Jacob is like half werewolffff lol. LOL

HiSmile thanksforthe welcomeBig smile

But the Cullens don't have any of thecharacteristicsthat make a vampire a vampireConfused
Dracula is the first vampire. The Cullensare nothing like himConfused
They dont have the long curved canines that a vampire is known for, they dont become more terrifying in the dark, they dont sleep, they dont feed on human blood, they shine in sunlight, in fact they become more beautifulConfused
That is not a vampireGeek
Also werewolves only transform during a full moon at night not during the day plus it is very painful (the transformation) and gruesome. So I think that Twilight fans may not know the mythology behind these creaturesOuch

babii.girl

IF-Sizzlerz

babii.girl

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
^ i think Stephanie wanted to change the perception of what a vampire is.. that could be changing what a vampire itself is, like the characteristics, u wrote:

"They dont have the long curved canines that a vampire is known for, they dont become more terrifying in the dark, they dont sleep, they dont feed on human blood, they shine in sunlight, in fact they become more beautiful"

But, I mean i didnt mind, that steph  made freaky vampires, into nice "homely" people, i hear uhhmm those books called "Marked" or "mark" really capture vampires,so that could be what u might enjoy.

Edited by babii.girl - 06 August 2009 at 5:51pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Alina-

eshaaax3.

IF-Sizzlerz

eshaaax3.

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
ooohhh.
hey well welcome to the forum.
imma agree with ur friends... the series are awesome....
cullens are vampires...just vegeterian ones.... Jacob and his pack.....are shapeshifters..meaining they turn into a wolf when they want or are angry... and are called werewolves.cuz there men who turn into wolves.....just not during the full moon...
and i think stephenie wanted to change the whole vamp and wolf thing....
sorta change them in her own way u noe....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Alina-

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 07 August 2009 at 6:27am | IP Logged
Well..welcome 2 d forum..!

I think that Stephenie just wanted to change the perception about the vampires n werewolves...anyway its just fiction..!

love_iqbal_khan

IF-Rockerz

love_iqbal_khan

Posted: 07 August 2009 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
welcome to the forum!

i'm sorry, but i'm going to have to agree with your friends..
there is definitely vampires and werewolves in it, maybe the first time reading it, you got slightly distracted by the love story in it or something, but there are fights....vampires vs vampires, vampires vs werewolves, and so on...

it also could be that the vampires and werewolves in this series are how stephanie sees vampires and werewolves...its her perception....and i like the change...but yeah, everyone has different tastes right?...lol

thornewood9

IF-Dazzler

thornewood9

Posted: 14 August 2009 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by love_iqbal_khan

welcome to the forum!

i'm sorry, but i'm going to have to agree with your friends..
there is definitely vampires and werewolves in it, maybe the first time reading it, you got slightly distracted by the love story in it or something, but there are fights....vampires vs vampires, vampires vs werewolves, and so on...

it also could be that the vampires and werewolves in this series are how stephanie sees vampires and werewolves...its her perception....and i like the change...but yeah, everyone has different tastes right?...lol

No. Those weren't vampires. The Cullens don't have sharp teeth, they can walk around in the daytime, they don't drink human blood, they don't die by staking them with wood. The werewolves are the same. Werewolves don't transform at any time apart from midnight on a full moon, the transformation is painful, they look grotesque and terrifying.
Its all very well to interpret a myth your own way but the meaning should stay the same. The meaning is changed in Twilight. Vampires=Night=Evil.
But in Twilight they can walk in sunlight, are not weakened by it and also shine in it. This is the opposite of that meaning.
Myths have powerful meanings and have underlying themes that cannot be changed just because you think it should be changed. Rules should not be broken with something so important.

I'm sorry I'm just a huge vampire fan and what I read in Twilight was actually insulting to me.
*shrugs*

Aisha xxxGeek

Post Reply New Post

Go to top