meera bai temples

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

divya_123

IF-Rockerz

divya_123

Meera Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 4:10am | IP Logged
here i m back with the meerabai history..
heres few info on meerabai's temples .....

Meera Bai (1498 - 1547) was a devout follower of Lord Krishna. Meera Bai was one of the foremost exponents of the Prema Bhakti (Divine Love) and an inspired poetess.

The story of Meera Bai is not based on historical documents but comes from oral storytelling. Each storyteller embellishes or distorts the story, or puts a different interpretation on it as time passes.

1. Merta - Charbhuja Ji Temple

Merta is a small town in the Nagaur district, Rajasthan. Meera Bai was born as a daughter of Ratan Singh, grand-daughter of Merta's Rao Duda; and great-granddaughter of Rao Jodha, founder of Jodhpur.

Meera's mother died when the girl was 10 and the princess went to live with grandfather, Rao Duda, at Merta.

Charbhuja Temple in Merta is the Temple where Meera Bai worshipped Lord Krishna before her marriage to Prince Bhoj of Chittor.

The 400 year old Temple is also known as Meera Temple of Merta.

Charbhuja Ji Temple, Merta

2. Chittorgarh - Fort Of Chittorgarh - Kumbha Palace

In 1516 Crown Prince Bhoj, son of Maharana Sangram Singh-I married the princess Meera Bai of Merta. The 'Kanwar Pada Palace' inside 'Kumbha Palace' was the place where Meera Bai used to live in Chittorgarh Fort.

Bappa Rawal built this palace which was later modified by Maharana Kumbah. This palace also has importance because of the site where Rani Padmini and thousands of the forts women and children committed JAUHAR.

Kanwar Pada Palace, Chittorgarh Fort

3. Chittorgarh - Kumbha Shyam Temple (Meera Mandir)

Maharana Kumbha build a Lord Vishnu Temple (Kumbh Temple) in 1449.

When Meera came to Chittor, she requested a small Krishna Temple for her personal use. Her father-in-law (Maharana SANGRAM SINGH I) built a small Temple adjoining Kumbh Temple, which was named as Kumbh (Kumbha) Shyam Temple. There she continued her devotions to Lord Krishna, and used her wealth to help feed religious pilgrims and the needy.

There is a small Chhatri in the Temple built in memory of Meera's saintly guru, Rai Das (Swami Ravidas) of Varanasi. The saint's footprints are marked on the floor of this small shrine.

Kumbha Shyam Temple, Chittorgarh Fort

4. Vrindaban - Banke Bihari Temple (Meera Bai Temple)

The holy land of Vrindavan is situated 12 km north west of Mathura, UP. Vrindavan lies in the heart of the region called Brij. It is the place where Sri Radha & Krishna had performed their Leelas, eons ago.

Around 1532, Meera Bai left Chittorgarh and moved to Vrindavan. After spending some years in Vrindavan, she went to Dwaraka and spent the rest of her life there.

A place has been identified where Meera Bai stayed in Vrindavan. As of now we do not have much information of pictures of this place.

Vrindavan also has a Meera Bai Temple.

i would like to give credit to the following website from which i took all these info from. http://www.chittorgarh.com/meera-bai-places-related.asp

if u like the post do press the like button.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

rk46JALEBI_MusicAmor.Gauri22_Jiya_Krishna_Sourav

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "meera bai temples" in Meera forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Maniben.com Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 4:42am | IP Logged
I had read this same thing when I was doing research on Meera and Rani Padmini! Thanks for posting, before reading the article, I never knew she had some temples dedicated for her!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JALEBI_Music

divya_123

IF-Rockerz

divya_123

Meera Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 4:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sattvik

I had read this same thing when I was doing research on Meera and Rani Padmini! Thanks for posting, before reading the article, I never knew she had some temples dedicated for her!
yah same here didnt knew about temples for her. but yah she did deserve to have them...Clap

JALEBI_Music

Amor.

Coolbie

Amor.

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by divya_123

here i m back with the meerabai history..
heres few info on meerabai's temples .....

Meera Bai (1498 - 1547) was a devout follower of Lord Krishna. Meera Bai was one of the foremost exponents of the Prema Bhakti (Divine Love) and an inspired poetess.

The story of Meera Bai is not based on historical documents but comes from oral storytelling. Each storyteller embellishes or distorts the story, or puts a different interpretation on it as time passes.

1. Merta - Charbhuja Ji Temple

Merta is a small town in the Nagaur district, Rajasthan. Meera Bai was born as a daughter of Ratan Singh, grand-daughter of Merta's Rao Duda; and great-granddaughter of Rao Jodha, founder of Jodhpur.

Meera's mother died when the girl was 10 and the princess went to live with grandfather, Rao Duda, at Merta.

Charbhuja Temple in Merta is the Temple where Meera Bai worshipped Lord Krishna before her marriage to Prince Bhoj of Chittor.

The 400 year old Temple is also known as Meera Temple of Merta.

Charbhuja Ji Temple, Merta

2. Chittorgarh - Fort Of Chittorgarh - Kumbha Palace

In 1516 Crown Prince Bhoj, son of Maharana Sangram Singh-I married the princess Meera Bai of Merta. The 'Kanwar Pada Palace' inside 'Kumbha Palace' was the place where Meera Bai used to live in Chittorgarh Fort.

Bappa Rawal built this palace which was later modified by Maharana Kumbah. This palace also has importance because of the site where Rani Padmini and thousands of the forts women and children committed JAUHAR.

Kanwar Pada Palace, Chittorgarh Fort

3. Chittorgarh - Kumbha Shyam Temple (Meera Mandir)

Maharana Kumbha build a Lord Vishnu Temple (Kumbh Temple) in 1449.

When Meera came to Chittor, she requested a small Krishna Temple for her personal use. Her father-in-law (Maharana SANGRAM SINGH I) built a small Temple adjoining Kumbh Temple, which was named as Kumbh (Kumbha) Shyam Temple. There she continued her devotions to Lord Krishna, and used her wealth to help feed religious pilgrims and the needy.

There is a small Chhatri in the Temple built in memory of Meera's saintly guru, Rai Das (Swami Ravidas) of Varanasi. The saint's footprints are marked on the floor of this small shrine.

Kumbha Shyam Temple, Chittorgarh Fort

4. Vrindaban - Banke Bihari Temple (Meera Bai Temple)

The holy land of Vrindavan is situated 12 km north west of Mathura, UP. Vrindavan lies in the heart of the region called Brij. It is the place where Sri Radha & Krishna had performed their Leelas, eons ago.

Around 1532, Meera Bai left Chittorgarh and moved to Vrindavan. After spending some years in Vrindavan, she went to Dwaraka and spent the rest of her life there.

A place has been identified where Meera Bai stayed in Vrindavan. As of now we do not have much information of pictures of this place.

Vrindavan also has a Meera Bai Temple.

i would like to give credit to the following website from which i took all these info from. http://www.chittorgarh.com/meera-bai-places-related.asp

if u like the post do press the like button.
thnx
i think u dnt notice that i hv already posted the info in  the forum meerabai-what history says

JALEBI_Music

moonlight44

IF-Dazzler

moonlight44

Posted: 06 August 2009 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
thanks for the info

Post Reply New Post

Go to top