Music Corner

India-Forums

’It gave me a thrill to discover’-AS

thhikana Goldie
thhikana
thhikana

Posted: 03 November 2005 at 1:28pm | IP Logged

'It gave me a thrill to discover' - Amit Sana

You have just finished recording your first song for the movie Sun Zara, and your album Chal Diye is a chartbuster. How does it feel right now?
It's a great feeling. I am indeed on top of the world.

Did you have butterflies in your tummy when you recorded your very first song? Which one was it?
The first song I recorded was Pyaar Diwana Hota Hai with Leslie Lewis. It was an amazing experience as it was the first time I had entered a recording studio. I was completely in awe of all the recording equipment. After the recording when I heard myself on the monitor it gave me a thrill to discover that I can sound so good.

There is also a remix song in your album. What is your take on remixes?
Those songs are re-renditions. The songs have been re-made maintaining the flavour of the original song. I think remixes are great if they continue to maintain the flavour of the original track.

Is there another album in the offing?
Will definitely let you know when there is. As of now, there is nothing planned.
You have said that life has been very generous to you. In what way would you want to repay your good fortune?
Yes, I have. I would want to repay it by working hard and making the most of the opportunities that come my way.

Why is it that you are interested in learning western music? Isn't classical music good enough?
I am a learner and believe in learning new things. I want to learn western music simply because I love music and would love to learn everything about music.

Are you still practicing Hindustani music?
Yes, of course. Learning and practicing never stops.

How about full-fledged playback singing in films?
What offers do you have on hand? I have sung six songs for movies and negotiations are on for a few more assignments. My first Hindi film song was for the movie Sun Zara. There is one song for a Mukesh Bhatt film, the music of which has been composed by Anu Malik.

You stood by Aman Verma in the casting couch crisis. Do you believe in calling a spade a spade?
I stood by him simply because I know him as a person and know that he is a nice human being.

A product of a reality show, do you have any advice for aspiring stars?
I think reality shows are very good. I would tell all aspirants to be themselves and give the competition their best. It is important for people to know you for exactly who you are.

Finally, the Indian Idol has given you fame, career, fortune and now a life partner. Is this true? Comment.
I agree that Indian Idol has given me fame, career, fortune but it is too early for a life partner. My focus is on music and only music at the moment.

Edited by thhikana - 03 November 2005 at 1:31pm

kaash IF-Sizzlerz
kaash
kaash

Posted: 03 November 2005 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
thanx 4 sharing
Fallen Angel IF-Sizzlerz
Fallen Angel
Fallen Angel

Posted: 03 November 2005 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
Thanx for sharing...
1 n only-rajeev IF-Rockerz
1 n only-rajeev
1 n only-rajeev

Posted: 03 November 2005 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
thanx...i like amit's voice very much....he sung mohabbatein lutaoonga better than abhijeet in my opinion...kisna 2 was sung in a fantabulous manner
hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 03 November 2005 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
thanx Tongue Tongue
Pachu.P IF-Sizzlerz
Pachu.P
Pachu.P

Posted: 04 November 2005 at 6:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 1 n only-rajeev

thanx...i like amit's voice very much....he sung mohabbatein lutaoonga better than abhijeet in my opinion...kisna 2 was sung in a fantabulous manner

agree w/u...he sung it better than abhijeet..n i also think that he is a better singer than abhijeet sawant
Iqbal Ki Diwani IF-Dazzler
Iqbal Ki Diwani
Iqbal Ki Diwani

Posted: 04 November 2005 at 6:29am | IP Logged
thankoo Embarrassed
thhikana Goldie
thhikana
thhikana

Posted: 04 November 2005 at 1:40pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by bollygirl87

Originally posted by 1 n only-rajeev

agree w/u...he sung it better than abhijeet..n i also think that he is a better singer than abhijeet sawant

i think so too..... I m really happy for Amit... seems he is doing gr8! i hope he never goes out of singing offer!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index