Members Lounge

India-Forums

Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Do you wear...?

Poll Question: Do you wear glasses, contact lenses, or neither?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
17 [34.00%]
5 [10.00%]
4 [8.00%]
24 [48.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
I thought this would be interesting to know...how many of you wear glasses, contacts, a combination of both, or neither???   As for me---I am as blind as a bat (trust me, I have YET to find someone with weaker vision than I do---my vision is so bad that it shocks most people when they find out what my prescription is Shocked).  I started wearing glasses when I was 6 (believe it or not) and wore them exclusively until 5 years ago when I decided to get rid of the nerdy look and get contact lenses instead (my glasses are toooo thick Confused).  So now I wear contact lenses, but I still do wear my glasses at home and sometimes to exams.  

How about you guys??

nish1 Senior Member
nish1
nish1

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
I wear glasses...not all the time...only in classes sometime and when i am driving in the night...but i guess i have to visit my doctor again to change the prescription bez it's getting really funny i can't see someone face that clearly on the hallway...like if i am walking in the hallway and if someone comes from otherside i can't say if that person is giving me smile or can't see his/her face that clear until that face come close to me...LOLLOL
hawa_hawai Senior Member
hawa_hawai
hawa_hawai

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 9:27pm | IP Logged

i wear glasses/contacts. but i wore my contacts like once cuz i can never put them on properly.

i've had glasses since age9

Tishy_Fishy Senior Member
Tishy_Fishy
Tishy_Fishy

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
i wear contacks lol cause i play soccer, n the glasses get hit cause im so ruff. i have blue contacks lol and it weird cause u dont usually see a brown person with bright blue eyes lol
Ms. Bholi Bhali IF-Sizzlerz
Ms. Bholi Bhali
Ms. Bholi Bhali

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 11:25pm | IP Logged

I AM IN NEITHER CATIGARY...BUT I MIGHT BE WEARING GLASSES IN FUTURE COZ I AM STUDING IN COMPUTER COURSE WHICH MOST OF THE TIME ENDS U WIT A GLASSES........PLUS IT IN OUR FAMILY FROM MY FATHER SIDE...THEY DOOR KI NAZAR IS KAMZOOR!...SO ABHI TAAK TU THEEK HAI ..AGAYE AGYE DEKHAIN HOTA HAI KYA..

MY FRIEND IS LIKE U ANJALI...SE CAN'T SEE WITOUT HER GLASSES...VEN WE WERE IN ONE CLASS SHE USED TO SIT IN FRONT OF ME SO SHE CAN READ THE BOARD BUT STILL I HAD TO NARRATE HER ALL THE BIO NOTES AND IT WAS KILLINGConfused...BUT NOW VEN WE REMBER ALL THIS ITS ALL FUN!!....

DOES THOSE DROPS HELP U IN IMPROVING UR EYESIGHT?

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
I'm in neither catagory....however I've always liked specs because my impression of people with Glasses is always that they are very smart......

abt the drops Bholi....what kind r u talking abt.....there are some that prevent ur eyesight from getting worst ......take ur vitamins regularly.......I've heard it really helps and especially at early stages....
rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
glasses all the time!
*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ides

..however I've always liked specs because my impression of people with Glasses is always that they are very smart......

you have the correct impression, Ides.  Anju is incredibly smart and she happens to wear glasses too Wink

Ms. Bholi Bali---I'm not sure which solution you're talking about. I have verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry weak eyesight so the doctor wanted me to try hard contact lenses (they're of a much harder plastic than the soft lenses are).  Supposedly hard contact help improve sight and as i also have astigmatism in both my eyes, he felt i really needed them.  However, hard contacts are VERY uncomfortable and you have to blink them out of your eye Ouch Well one time i didn't blink hard enough and the lens moved down my eye and grabbed hold (they have really strong suction power).  I was in pain and i wouldn't let anyone touch my eye.  Finally, we ended up going to my doctor and he had to remove the lens with tweezersOuch  Needless to say, I switched over to soft lenses after that.  You barely feel that they're even there--they're very comfortable.  So i would STRONGLY advise AGAINST hard lenses even though they supposedly can help improve vision.  Soft lenses are much better--trust me.

Go to top