Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShelDev thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Great update Mitu👏

Love how this is coming together....you really write well....
If you don't mind can you please add me to your PM list.....
I am thoroughly enjoying this FF so far.....
Waiting for AK to meet...want to see some sparks fly.....😆😳

Thanks
Shel
Edited by ShelDev - 14 years ago
love_KYPH thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
gr8 part...
cant wait 4 ak 2 meet...
cont sooon....
vamita thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShelDev

Great update Mitu👏

Love how this is coming together....you really write well....

If you don't mind can you please add me to your PM list.....

I am thoroughly enjoying this FF so far.....

Waiting for AK to meet...want to see some sparks fly.....😆😳

Thanks
Shel

Thanks Sheldev....Sparks will fly when time comes.....First let them meet....

😆

vamita thumbnail

Originally posted by: nehasfan

gr8 part...
cant wait 4 ak 2 meet...
cont sooon....

Thanks Nehasfan.....

Now that she has met his brother, may be hopefully soon...
Edited by vamita - 14 years ago
vamita thumbnail
CHAPTER -3

By the time Prithvi came, Kripa was ready and waiting for him. He greated Gayatri politely and talked to her for a while. Gayatri felt much better after talking with him and asked him to take care of Kripa…He promised to do so and bring her back within 2-3 hours and then they left together…

They sat in Prithvi's brand new sports car, which his dad had gifted him on his graduation day and were off to the temple soon.
Kripa was a little nervous as well as excited. Nervous because she has never gone any where with any boys except her brother or father and excited as she was at last heading to some direction, which may lead her to some sort of independence and fulfillment of what she desired.

Prithvi saw Kripa twisting her hands again and again in each other and knew that she must be nervous. After all it wasn't easy coming to a new country and starting over. She must be feeling so out of her world….It reminded him of his first day in high school, where he was more nervous than he ever thought he would be. He smiled slowly remembering that….

P: Kripa…Just relax…ok..This is not a school or college you are going…It is just a bunch of people like you and me, who are having some fun…No exams and no tension….just pure fun and doing what we enjoy….he said with a smile….Kripa couldn't help, but smile….Prithvi really did understand her for some extent….but still he couldn't know what her nervousness is all about….She was more nervous going with him…than meeting his friends in the first place…..it felt a little bit odd..….but now after hearing his words…she felt a little relaxed….May be he could be her friend.

She smiled inwardly…..why was she making such a big deal of it….she has seen lots of her friends who were just good friends with the boys….having fun with them in some restaurants….laughing with each other….making fun of each other….It was 21st century for God's sake. Even her sister Mahi was free with boys and had talked a lot about her friends in Bombay, when they were alone. But Kripa who had always lived in front of her father's eyes was well aware of her father's thinking. So she had stayed in the limits she was to, as per her father's wish.

P: You know, you are more of a dreamer I suppose. You talk so little and spend most of your time thinking about some thing else….Just be yourself and you will be fine. You will love my friends…They all will love you too….

K: Thanks Prithvi, it is just that, I never, I mean, she was thinking what to tell him, when suddenly some one came behind Prithvi and patted his shoulders…

P: Hey …Hi Josh, what a pleasant surprise….How come you are here? Is my bro here too…..? He asked raising his brows…

J: Hey….Na just came to drop my sis…She is waiting for you inside….And as per your brother…..Can't imagine him here….He must be some where making some notes or thinking about jobs and all….or may be in some nice bar with a nice lady….And speaking of lady, who is this beautiful lady by your side….?

Kripa who just stood there silently hearing them talk, blushed a little…..

P: Oh I am sorry…This is Kripa, my new neighbour who just came from India…Kripa this is Josh, Angad's friend.
Kripa raised her eyebrows in confusion….

p: Sorry…again….Angad is my elder brother. He clarified…

K: Kripa smiled in acknowledgement….and said hi to Josh in low voice…

J: Hi Kripa….Nice to meet you and hey you are as beautiful as your voice……Kripa smiled and thanked him in return….And so is your smile….he said chuckling a little….

Prithvi laughed at josh and asked him to stop flirting…..

P: I have promised her mom to look after her Josh and so I want you to just stop that….ok…and if you really want to listen to her, then you should stay here for a while Josh….She really has a voice of angel…

J: Really, you sing?

P: She is a music student…Prithvi supplied…..

J: Are you going to answer for all the questions I ask to Miss. Kripa? He asked frowning….

Prithvi just raised his hands in mock surrender and shrugged when kripa looked at him and pointed to josh with a smile, then turnd around to take his bag from the back seat. Once done he stood there silently, while Josh asked Kripa her whole history one after another and Kripa surprisingly talked to him without hesitation….

P: Are you both going to stand here or are you going to join me inside? He asked them both chukling….

J: Sure, why not….after you Kripa…..Now that I know you sing, how can I refuse Prithvi's offer. Kripa smiled shyly and started walking….In front, Ptithvi rolled his eyes…He knew Josh's flirting habits, though he never crossed his limits, he charmed girls within seconds with his unique charm…

All three went inside and were greeted with a bunch of people her own age …. They were chattering amongst themselves excitedly….When they saw them, they greeted Prithvi with a cheerful hi….Among them all were Aliyah, Josh's sister, Harshini Aliyah's friend, and Shabd Sareen. They all were in the same band, except Shabd who was here to meet Prithvi on Prithvi's insistence, as they all were planning for a pizza party after the reharsels. Shabd knew all the team well.

Though Prithvi and Shabd had both graduated from different subjects, they hit well together from the first day itself, while they sat together in cafeteria having there lunch. After a while, he became quite close to Khanna family too, as his parents were hardly there at home. They were always busy with some or other office work. And later when he lost his parents in flight accident, just when he was in his second year of college, he lived with Khanna's for 2 years, who agreed to take his responsibility as a guardian till he turned 18. Though his parents had very little time for him, they had loved him very much and it had hurt when they died. Khanna's were like life savers to him, as he had no other family. Then when he turned 18, he had bought a small house near to Prithvi's, with the money he had. He praised Angad and was very much impressed by Angad's accedemic performance and achievements. He was aware of his big dreams too and was sure that one day Angad would turn his dream into reality…Angad had been his inspiration all through the college. He was just a year older than them, but was 2 years ahead of them in college….Teachers had constantly praised him during the functions and he spent lot of times in the college library teaching the weak students and giving them notes they need.

Every one looked at kripa curiously..

Josh introduced Kripa to everyone as Prithvi's new neighbour and everyone welcomed her with warm welcome and hugs introducing them selves…..

J: And now we would like to hear a song from Miss. Kripa…what do you all say buddies….Josh asked enthusiastically….Every one cheered and Kripa could do nothing but nod in agreement…..Every one clapped for her and asked which song would she like to sing…..Every one suggested some thing or the other…..But Kripa shook her head….She was in the temple and she could not dismiss the thought…..She asked if she could sing some thing devotional and if it is alright with them. Every one agreed with her and encouraged her…..

P: Go on Kripa…..We never did sing any thing devotional, but we would love to hear one from you…..

Then with a thanks and a nod, Kripa bowed with her folded hands before God and started singing….

--KRIPA--
O paalanhaare, nirgun aur nyaare - 2
Tumre bin hamra kaunon naahin
Humri uljhan suljhaao bhagwan
Tumhe humka ho sambhaale
Tumhe hamre rakhwaale

--Every one from the group joined her enthusiastically, impressed by her voice… --

-- KRIPA --

Chanda mein tumhe to bhare ho chaandni
Sooraj mein ujaala tumhe se
Yeh gagan hai magan, tumhe to diye ho isse taare
Bhagwan, yeh jeevan tumhe na sanwaaroge
To kya koi sanwaare
O paalanhaare, nirgun aur nyaare
Tumre bin hamra kaunon naahin - 2

--KRIPA--
Jo suno to kahe Prabhuji hamri hai binti
Dukhi jan ko dheeraj do
Haare nahin voh kabhi dukh se
Tum nirbal ko raksha do
Reh paaye nirbal sukh se
Bhakti ko shakti do

--CHORUS--
Bhakti ko shakti do

--KRIPA--
Jag ke jo swami ho, itni to araj suno
Hai path mein andhiyaare
Dedo vardaan mein ujiyaare

--CHORUS--
(O paalanhaare, nirgun aur nyaare
Humri uljhan suljhaao bhagwan
Tumre bin hamra kaunon naahin) – 3

Every one clapped for her and praised her…..They were really happy to have a real singer in between them. All the people other than her were here just because they loved music and liked to perform. But Kripa was different. She was really in to music unlike them.

J: Really Kripa, Prithvi's words did not do justice to your voice. You have a god given gift. I really hope that you get success. He said…He was really impressed and speechless at the sweet voice and devotion he heard in her voice. It moved him to his core….. She was really a sweet girl. A fresh breathe…So very different from all the other's he knew…..It reminded him of his mom. She was just as devotional and traditional as Kripa…..She still, after all these years, wished they were in India with all their relatives, If asked, she could talk endlessly about Indian culture, traditions, festivals and all the rituals and stories of each festival. She read lots of Indian epics like Mahabharata etc. and could never really mix with this culture. ….
After a few minutes, he took his leave with her thoughts in his mind….

Shabd came forward and complimented Kripa as well…

S: At last Prithvi here has some competition…..he said slapping prithvi's back,,,laughing aloud…

P: Yeah I do….don't I…he said chuckling..

S: I had to come to hear him in all the functions till now….but I think I will surely want to come now…. he said with a wink…Kripa chuckled….Prithvi frowned….he took Shabd by his collar…..what did you say…you had to come…..and then started hitting his back….

Shabd was laughing aloud now….and everyone just joined in….

S: Don't mind him Kripa….he is little bit wild……Did you see him….how he came on me….But don't be afraid….he keeps his promise….So you will reach home safe….he said chuckling…..

P: I will see you later shabd….he said scowling….

A: If you both are done fighting….then can we start with our discussion and choose the songs ….she asked rolling her eyes…..

P: Sure….He comes here just to waste time….but we have work to do….he said looking at Shabd angrily….Lets start……

Later everyone started planning about which songs to sing, and how to present there band….etc. They planned to have three songs, one all together and one with Kripa as the lead singer, if she was ok with that….and one with Kripa and Prithvi together….Kripa agreed immediately….She was already loving them all…..Their non stop fights and chatter, endless laughter made her day….By the end of there discussions, it was nearly 4 in the evening and they sat in the small room in the back of the temple with pizza's in their hands…..Kripa had eaten pizza only once or twice before…She was not much fan of it….What she loved was…some thing sweet hot and sour….Like chat….pav bhaji….etc…She was a very good cook herself… But knew that this was the favorite dish of Americans…And this entire group were born and bought up here…..So naturally, they preferred Pizza a lot…She held on to one pizza till the end….All the girls complained kripa that she ate like a bird and she doesn't need to look for her figure, as she was as perfect as a girl could be….That compliment bought red color to her cheeks…..And became even redder when the boys agreed to it….Seeing her embarrassed…prithvi asked everyone to clear the room. He now knew by her reaction, that she was a bit uncomfortable with boys….Yeah, she talked to Josh a little, but he was Josh…and no one could help but talk to him…..

Once finished, they all cleared and cleaned the room…..Kripa then noticed that the temple was not empty…..She could hear lots of noises, Hindi songs playing in the background and children running around….She went to see and smiled at the small children, who were trying to dance on the beats….They looked so sweet….with there small hands and feet moving to the beats….She couldn't help her self when she saw a small girl looking confused and lost amongst them….standing at the side looking at her friends dancing away……

She went to the girl and whispered some thing in her voice and smiled enthusiastically at her….The little girl immediately asked her if she would teach her…Kripa was unsure….but the girl who was teaching her was already a little worried about how to teach them…as the kids were not following her instructions properly…. So, she just shrugged and asked if she knew dance and if she did she could try teaching them for a while…..Kripa learned that this kids where planning to perform for the Independence Day function. She agreed immediately…..And looked back….Prithvi and rest were still in the room….so she thought few minutes would do no difference…..

She could see the kids mom all in the background sitting and talking to each other…..She introduced her self and then gathered the children around her and talked to them about which song they wanted to perform and how they all can join in together and make it a success…..She showed them some easy steps and then after a few minutes, the children surprisingly started to follow her….Time flew by and it was already over an hour and children were glued to Kripa like ants to sugar…..They already loved Kripa didi and listened to what ever she told….The moms where also very impressed and came forward to see the children perform so well under the guidance of a new face….. When Kripa was done she heard people clapping and cheering…..she looked behind her and saw the whole group along with prithvi sitting there and clapping enthusiastically……as well as the moms of the children…..

Prithvi introduced them all to Kripa and then with a promise to meet the children on Saturday afternoon again, Kripa left with Prithvi…..

A: Vow Kripa, you are a real magician…Vow….You can sing, you can dance….and what other talents do you possess….she asked laughing….

K: Just this two…but I love to cook….and do gardening though….

A: Vow.....I think some day we need to taste your food though…..

K: I am not that good….But Mahi is….I mean my sister….

P: You have a sister….?

K: Yeah…I have a twin….Her name is Mahi…

H: Oh my God…A twin….Ram Shyam….Seeta Geeta….Kripa Mahi…..really…she exclaimed….

K: Kripa laughed….yeah…same as that….And we look so very alike that Mom gets confused some times….

A: It must have been fun….Where is Mahi then…

K: Oh she will join us in next couple of months…..She is doing her Hotel management course in Mumbai…..she supplied….

P: Impressive……

Kripa smiled at him and then looked at Shabd who was packing up….Are we leaving now…

P: Yeah…actually Shabd and I have to go over some notes for our upcoming interviews…..So need to rush now…If you are ready then we will leave….Sure…let me take my purse. She agreed immediately…..Prithvi and Kripa bid their byes and came out with shabd besides Prithvi….. in no time they were on there way to home….Shabd in his own car….Prithvi dropped Kripa and she thanked him for taking her with him and then he was gone….Kripa happily came in and told all about her day to her mom just like she was used to in Mathura……Gauri was out for some work…..Gayatri was happy to hear everything and prayed God for Kripa's success…..
Iqbal Neha1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
amazing parts
i just read all three parts they were amazingly written i really liked the way u described the relationship between the sharma family.It seems kripa has a lot of talent cant wait tillangad and kripa meet.
ShelDev thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey Mitu; Thanks for the PM dear....

Wow another great update.....loved the interaction btwn Josh & Kripa.....
Looks like our little Kripa is becoming popular already.....awesome....
Pls pls introduce Angad soon...can't wait for him....
No Mahi in this update.....bring her in soon too....

Thanks.....awesome update....

Shel
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Oh wow Mitu didi. Just read ur FF and its wonderful! Kripa is  a sweet girl!! Mahi is a determined type of person and i just wish Kripa was more like her. I really like your FF and i cant wait for Angad's entry. Prithvi is a sweet guy. Hmm American Culture. Kripa seems a bit uncomfortable. Well im use to Candian culture. LOL. Poor Kripa, she might seem a bit left out. U know the whole group, being born and brought up in America and Kripa coming from India, obviously she'd be nervous. Anyways please update soon and PM ME! Live, Laugh, Love, ~Jot~
Live.Laugh.Love thumbnail
amazing update.
I cant wait for Angad and Kripa to meet.
Please update soon 😊
vamita thumbnail

Originally posted by: Iqbal Neha1

amazing parts

i just read all three parts they were amazingly written i really liked the way u described the relationship between the sharma family.It seems kripa has a lot of talent cant wait tillangad and kripa meet.

Thanks Iqbal Neha...

They will meet soon...don't worry....