Karan's Pick of 4 best Dancers, interesting people

Posted: 14 years ago

Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan

Though there have been better dancers in Bollywod, very few can match Aishwarya's fitness. Even when Ash lifts a finger, it's done with utmost grace. She might not be a Madhuri Dixit but we still insist that there can be no one like Aishwarya Rai, when it comes to grace and fluidity of dance movements.

Isha Sharvani

Known as the diva of the dancing world, she waltzed her way into the audiences' heart with her stylistic and difficult dance moves in Kisna. Only Isha could stand up to a dancer like Hrithik Roshan in a biscuit commercial. She is seeking better platforms.

Shahid Kapur

Being a part of Shiamak Davar's dance troupe, Shahid was well-equipped with the nuances of dancing much before he became an actor. His dance prowess is evident in films like Fida and Jab We Met. His forthcoming film Yahoo, which is all about dance, is definitely something to look forward to.

Hritihik Roshan

Hrithik will be remembered for one thing forever- no one else made dance seem so easy on screen! When he moves, the world wants to move with him. Even while playing a superhuman in Krrish, he managed to show off his killer dancing ability.

Karan's pick of 4 sexiest men

Karan Johar picked 4 of the sexiest men in Bollywood and told us why he chose them...

Arjun Rampal
One of the last supermodels to descend on the silver screen, Arjun's super-cool and super-hot at the same time.

Shah Rukh Khan
He's not the best looker, but no one can match his amazing wit, energy and style. SRK's sex appeal lies in his persona.

Hrithik Roshan
He's closest to being a Greek God. He's got the body, the style and
the attitude. And after Dhoom 2 he only got hotter.

Salman Khan

Must come back

Karan Johar picked 4 filmi personalities who must make a come back...

Mansoor Khan
It's time for the kind of cinema Mansoor Khan stands for. His sensibility is something else, and we are craving for his kind of movies, after having tasted films like Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Jo Jeeta Woh Sikandar and Akele Hum Akele Tum. Come back Mansoor, for our sake!

Sridevi
She may not get a role like the one in Chaalbaaz anymore, but meaty old-woman roles do beckon her. Though her small screen stint didn't really work, the big screen is just the right place for the south Indian beauty.

Neetu Singh
If there's any role for a really sexy mommy out there, then it has to go to Neetu. We are all waiting to see this stunning actor team up with real-life hubby Rishi in a forthcoming film that releases this year-end.

Karisma Kapur
Her last film Mere Jeevan Sathi released in 2006 but it already seems like ages since we saw Karisma on screen. She is as fit and sexy as ever! She should step down from the reality show's judge's chair and get in front of the arc-lights again. There's lots more cinema left in her. Her fans miss those jhataka matkas, which only she could do so well.

Most interesting people

Abhay Deol
Absolutely comfortable in his skin, Abhay follows his heart, inspiring a whole lot of youngsters to look up to him as an icon. Being sensible with the right dose of emotion is a killer combination. How successful he becomes in future doesn't matter; he will always be remembered as someone who chose to carve his own path.

Aamir Khan
He can easily be considered one of the few who has helped change the sensibility of Hindi films. With awe-inspiring work in his glittering bio-data, Aamir has turned out to be a true.

Farhan Akhtar
Who would think a man who idled his way through the best part of his 20s would bring himself to be one of the most sought-after actors and a desirable sex symbol? Directing, acting, singing — Farhan has done all that he wanted to, and come out on top each time.

Vishal Bhardwaj
Humility is always a turn on, especially from a man so talented. In a world full of publicity hounds, Vishal shies away from the limelight and prefers his talent to talk. A director, writer, music composer, producer and even a singer — Vishal obviously doesn't need the clutches of publicity to be successful.

credit: http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/slideshow_karan-s-pick-of-4-best-dancers_1278971-2

Edited by PCRocks - 14 years ago
Thanks some interesting choices by karan.
I agree wit his list of most interesting people.. Aamir and Abhay deol.. these dudes are quite edgy..In must come back.. Sri devi is a good choice.. she just needs to make a comeback in a good movie..In the dancing thing.. I have a thing which has always bothered me.. people say Shahid is such a great dancer..he has taken lessons and stuff.. but where.. I personally havent seen him doing any great dance number.. Is there any song of his where he has shown his dancing talent..? Why do they keep mentioning him as a great dancer.. I dont think he has ever done any great song whose dance moves have become famous.. I love govinda and Hritik.. they have created legendry dance moves.. and left a mark in history..
Originally posted by adios

I agree wit his list of most interesting people.. Aamir and Abhay deol.. these dudes are quite edgy..In must come back.. Sri devi is a good choice.. she just needs to make a comeback in a good movie..In the dancing thing.. I have a thing which has always bothered me.. people say Shahid is such a great dancer..he has taken lessons and stuff.. but where.. I personally havent seen him doing any great dance number.. Is there any song of his where he has shown his dancing talent..? Why do they keep mentioning him as a great dancer.. I dont think he has ever done any great song whose dance moves have become famous.. I love govinda and Hritik.. they have created legendry dance moves.. and left a mark in history..

shahid is good... it's just that he does not has that many songs that show that side to him like hrithik has... but his moves are just soo smooth, almost fluid like (i hope that's a word, LOL)... he trained with Shimak.... you can tell that from his style though... but between the two, Hrithik anyday... 😃  yes, i loved Govinda... no one can match his energy... but i think he's talking mostly in current times now... Govinda does not dance that much nowadays...

i like ash... she's the only one after madhuri that can be considered a dancing diva...!
Originally posted by pksanam

shahid is good... it's just that he does not has that many songs that show that side to him like hrithik has... but his moves are just soo smooth, almost fluid like (i hope that's a word, LOL)... he trained with Shimak.... you can tell that from his style though... but between the two, Hrithik anyday... 😃  yes, i loved Govinda... no one can match his energy... but i think he's talking mostly in current times now... Govinda does not dance that much nowadays...

i like ash... she's the only one after madhuri that can be considered a dancing diva...!

But if Shahid is so good then why he hasnt done any great dance number..? On what basis people call him good if there is no evidence..lol Cuaz i have heard a lot of people say it.. I think there are better dancers than Shahid..lol I dont like Ash's dancing skills either..There arent any great female dancers these dayz..

Adios, are you foreal? Shahid is KNOWN for his dancing. He's been dancing since like forever! Not many know this, but Shahid is actually a trained kathak dancer too. Neelima made him join indian classical dancing classes, when he was little. Then, he joined Shiamak's dance group when he was 16..even Shiamak says that Shahid was the best dancer in his group.

Look at O Makhna Ve, Aaja Ve Mahi, Mujhpe Har Haseena, Hadippa Remix etc..Oh and he will blow everyone away with Chance Pe Dance! Marty's choreography, Adnan's music, and Shahid's krumping, OMG I WILL DIE!

Originally posted by RiyaK09

Adios, are you foreal? Shahid is KNOWN for his dancing. He's been dancing since like forever! Not many know this, but Shahid is actually a trained kathak dancer too. Neelima made him join indian classical dancing classes, when he was little. Then, he joined Shiamak's dance group when he was 16..even Shiamak says that Shahid was the best dancer in his group.

Look at O Makhna Ve, Aaja Ve Mahi, Mujhpe Har Haseena, Hadippa Remix etc..Oh and he will blow everyone away with Chance Pe Dance! Marty's choreography, Adnan's music, and Shahid's krumping, OMG I WILL DIE!

I mean he is ok in the songs that you have mentioned.. but these songs are not famous like Ik pal ka jeena or main aisa kyun hoon...like no one sayz that they want to dance like Shahid.. or he doesnt have any signature dance steps.. and he hasnt done any breakthrough dance songs.. the songs tat u mentioned above.. i mean so other actors have better dance numbers then those..like srk.. abhishek.. isnt tat bad either..i liked his hip hop number ek main aur ek tu hai.. shahid does not posess any great songs in his kitty..
So true about my hubby. He has achieved what he wanted to and done it well. 😃

Adios, you did not just mention Abhishek's dancing?! I'll keep my comments to myself about Abhishek's dancing skills.

Hrithik has a lot more hit films, which is why people remember his steps and all. JWM was Shahid's biggest hit and thats why people remember Mauja, and these days everyone is crazy about Dhan Tana. I believe that Shahid has not even shown his best yet. and still he's known for his dancing!

If you ask Shiamak about Bollywood's best male dancers, his list goes like this:

1.Govinda
2.Govinda
3.Govinda
4.Govinda
5.Govinda
6.Govinda
7.Govinda
8. Shahid
9.Shahid
10. Hrithik