Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
hmm
Edited by gugly - 14 years ago
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: lovanika

Desigal90 you will love the movie for sure..she says that SAif is in every frame....

I know no one reads Shobha De' but I often go to her blog. I found this interesting so sharing with you guys....

Friday, July 31, 2009

Jab I cried... for Saif !

This is a picture I clicked of a Romanian Gypsy child. I found it heart breaking... look into those sad eyes. Look at the plastic begging bowl. There she was at the palace gates in Krakow on a cold evening, playing a single tune over and over again on that little accordian. I placed a few coins in the bowl.... but couldn't walk away. Our guide obviously didn't like the sight of a beggar girl at the busy tourist spot. He snorted, " These people are no good. They send their children and women to beg, while the men steal and get drunk. We don't like Gypsies... they are a menace to society." Poor child. She hadn't asked to be born to Gypsy parents!

*****************************************************************************************

I am not in the best of moods... I have just come home after enduring two hours of unadulterated tedium in the form of 'Love Aaj Kal.' Right now, I'm in no mood to feel sorry for Saif... I'm feeling sorrier for myself. I haven't been this bored for a long, long time. Much as I like Saif, there is something called too much of a good thing . Saif is in every damn frame! His monologues are embarrassing, and I got the distinct feeling if he could have played Deepika's role as well, he probably would have! He plays the jawan Rishi Kapoor ( the best moments in the film), and he pretty much plays himself for 120 minutes. There is no story as such, no fun stuff either. The item numbers are stale and borrowed. Plus, there is a truly ghastly New Year's eve sequence which redefines 'tacky'. What else??? Rishi Kapoor is the sole saving grace in an otherwise pointless movie. The anonymous young girl who plays the young Neetu Singh is refreshingly natural, likeable and way better than Deepika, whose make up is most unfortunate! Howcome the film has received a four star rating?? What's there to like??? If it's a hit, Saif will have the last laugh, of course. But come on, Imtiaz Ali - much more was expected from you after the sizzle, crackle and zing of 'Jab We Met.'

😆 ðŸ˜†
plasticpolaroid thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i thought Deepika was alright in her other movies for the role/lines she was given..  surely she ain't a thespian but then again who is in Bollywood? i think in Bollywood your reputation precedes the performance.. like some people are known for their one or two average to bad performances and then they can't escape that..where as for some others they can have 20 bad to average performances and one or two good performance and they are hailed as "good actors" based on those 2 roles..

and then there are some others who can get away with bad performances in every movie because hey they are "hard working" and are learning a foreign language awww such a QT pie...

i might watch this movie when it comes out on DVD for deepika.. not a huge fan of Imitiaz dude's movies and when Saif tries to act all cute and cool and does romantic roles, he goes way OTT and makes me cringe!
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
She was tolerable in OSO but BAH was just bad acting and lets not go on CC2C. Maybe shes improved now lets see.
Just.Somebody thumbnail
what can u expect from Shobha Dee lol n ALL of them did a good job in it especially Saif 😊