Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sanju Baba!!

meghavi IF-Rockerz
meghavi
meghavi

Posted: 26 January 2005 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Sanju Baba - Dil Se! LOL

Sanjay Dutt may be enacting the role of a toughie on the big screen, but he sure has a heart of gold that cares for all. Known for lending support to those in crisis, without making any noise about it [he keeps it away from the media as well!], Dutt continues his charitable work with honest intentions.

Not many are aware, Dutt was amongst the first to stand up for Tsunami victims when the catastrophe struck in December last year. "I've always noticed that the American entertainment industry joins hands to combat any crisis. But I often wondered why we couldn't collectively do something for the needy?" Dutt sounds emotional as we talk of the Tsunami victims.

So what did he do next? "I called Sir [Bachchan Sr.] to seek his advice. If something could be done collectively. And he assured me and gave his whole-hearted support. That's when I started calling my friends within the industry," Dutt states.

Getting the entire actors' fraternity under one umbrella is next to impossible, but Dutt's intentions were noble and everyone joined in. "I think anyone could've achieved it," he says with utmost modesty. When you tell him that it's not possible to get the fraternity under one roof so easily, he just smiles back.

We move over to TATHASTU, which has been completed in a record span of less than a month. "It's a great film. A terrific script," he states. But he's never known to complete his films so fast. What's so special about the film? "This one's an exception. But it's fun completing the films at one stretch. You remain focused completely," he flashes that by-now-famous smile.

Another change that not many are aware of is a palm-sized tattoo of Lord Shiva on his left shoulder, with a mantra also tattooed there. "I've always been religious," Dutt continues, "But my experiences in the jail changed me completely. I became more religious thereafter." And how have the experiences changed him as a person? "Religion has brought stability in my life," he adds.

On the professional front, Dutt is in no hurry to start a home-production after MUSAFIR. "I am not starting anything right now. May be later," he states.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top