Shyam a darling, Suguna and her attitude!!!!!

Posted: 14 years ago

Shyam is a darling as far as his character goes.  Suguna is complaining unnecessarily.  Agreed that on account of Shyam everyone in the village now knows that Suguna is pregnant, but she should have thought about her father's diginity and respect when involved in the horrendous act with Pratap.  She should realize that Pratap has given her more trouble though unknowingly. 

Shyam is trying to protect her and truely loves her, what more can she ask for?  He left his family for her and is living in her parents house.  She is being ridiculous and lets hope she changes her attitude soon.  In the meantime I am sure all of u sympathize with Shyam's character in the show as much as I do😭😭.

i cannot stand saguna either.. she is so annoying..

Shyam is a great character.  But the reality is Suguna was put in a spot and was cornered into marrying him.  While the show keeps harping on how widow remarriage is good and how widows forget to be happy etc - they are glazing over the fact that in this case Suguna DID NOT want to marry Shyam.  It would have been a completely different case if she fell in love with Shyam and the society was against their marriage.  I used to get annoyed with her character too - until today.  Suguna made a very valid point that in his selfishness of wanting her (not in the biblical sense!) he lied and broke the promise he made to her and her family and actually caused pain to all concerned.  Just because Shyam is a nice character, good looking chap we cannot forget that this marriage has happened as Suguna felt helpless and because she wanted to help her family - and while circumstances are different, its a similar scene to the tauji's marriage.

I dont agree that sugna said anything valid.. okay shyam lied and because of him everybody knows about sugna's pregnancy...

since when sugna started to think about her family and not her self? if she didnt want anybody to know about her pregnancy, she would have aborted the child at first place... because till what time she could have kept it hiden.. one day eveybody would have came to know anyways..

she never thought about anybody else except her selft..she is the most selfish character i've seen... 😡... now she is just taking her frustration out on poor shyam.. 🤢
she getting more annoying than sundar ...... I think she should have handled the pregnancy on her own and then she would have realised what it would be like. she is acting like she did a favour by getting married to shyam 😡 😡
Sugna was just RIDICULOUS today! There can be NO justification for all the nonsense she spouted out to Shyam! What the hell does she mean that HE is the one responsible for ucchaloing the izzat of her parents??? Helllooooooo! SHE'S the one who went and got pregnant with Pratap's baby! Ppl would have found out about that ANYWAY! To blame Shyam for this??? Utterly ridiculous! How dare she absolve herself of being responsible for that?? Shyam is the ONE person who stood up in her support....who had the courage to go against society norms and marry her! Yes he did it for love but how on earth can she throw that all back in his face??? Unbelievable how conveniently she manages to turn the entire thing on it's head and make it Shyam's fault😕😕......And she's calling his love for her fake???? Wow, this woman sure has some twisted thoughts in her head.

Shyam cares so much....the guy is unbelievable, really....he's telling her that he did it all just to make her happy....that she should stop so much bitterness inside her and atleast TRY a LITTLE bit to be happy in life....for her baby's sake if nothing else and THIS is what he gets to hear from her????

I sometimes wonder if Sugna does all this stuff like going out of her way to spew venom at him cuz somewhere, somehow....he DOES get to her....and that means he touches some corner of her heart....and she can't stand that....so she does all she can in her power to push him away....:S

Seriously if nothing else, Sugna needs to atleast extend him the same courtesy as a fellow human being! Atleast have the manners to ANSWER when he talks to you!
I know..Sugna better be nice to Shyam..now
frankly speaking im bored of this overdone shyam-suguna track. we have seen it so many times in films and serials. shyam WAS selfish but then so was suguna. im tired of so much focus on them. basically suguna needs time to come to terms with her situation. so they must now focus on the other tracks.
wow i am pretty surprised at the reaction to suguna's attitude.  i too used to think - whats wrong with the chick, she gets shyam 1000 times seems better than the other guy.  but reading these responses i actually feel sorry for suguna.

suguna got pregnant not with some random guy - but her husband.  the family got her married at a young age (and like anandi without educating her on what all a marriage involves), then chose to keep her away from her husband (causing both of them to meet on the sly and hence the unacceptable pregnancy), then treated her like a pariah when she was widowed, put her in school - removed her from school, then insisted she abort the child of the husband she just lost under tragic circumstances, then emotionally blackmailed her into marrying shyam - she just turned 18 and look at all she has had to go through emotionally!!!

shyam on the other hand inspite of all the promises to be truthful and supportive also lied.  his mistake cost suguna's family monetarily, increased the enemity between the two families and lose face within their community.  so suguna should be held accountable for her "mistake" but not shyam?

ask yourself this - if shyam was older and played by someone other than massey (who's cute) what would your reaction be?  just because he is rich, smart good looking she should forget the guy she was in love with, married to and who's child she is carrying and start dancing(metaphorically) around the trees with shyam?

Your sympathy with Sugna would be fine, if she had  behaved reponsibly in the  whole episode...she has been completely slefish in her appraoch and that is why I resent her bevaiour towards Shyam