||-Readers' Resort #1-|| - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
madz! good idea, i think, if it sorts well :)

sanya... err... i think you got on the wrong foot with two not-quite -wrong people... madz would know what i mean here, and what they meant there :)

as far as the fics go... think my current fav has been random moments for a while... for the ease of its impossible possible flow.. armaan is fantab! also, an exra star to aria for her writing, outstanding job!... one of the fav bits STILL, was the fishing conversation :) n i'll stop myself before revealing more... oh btw, the new name of the fic is PABLO'S MUSE :)

Dil Dosti etc. by sweety is a surprising package.. what started as just a picked up theme from the show, in my opinion, has turned out to be esp recently a great read... small simple straight updates, i always look forward to them... the AR interractions esp of recent are winners!

Aarti's Convenience Marriage i miss the most and if i had to pick one forgotten fic it would be that... the spontaniety of her chars is a delight to read... inparticular kraipa-armaan, kripa-angad scenes :) ... my fav, an unforgettable i think, " i'm in lust" :D:D:D still has me grinning when i think of it!

... and, since i assume this isn't about fics alone... nijal! if i had never known her, not even the name, i'd still say what i do... i dont know anyone here who can verse like her :) Once upon a Bard's Verse is an unparalleled creation! (i can only gloat in pride to think the title was mine yayyyyyyy)

cheers again madz!
nj :)Edited by spln - 14 years ago
Hey gr8 idea Mads n Bhoomi...πŸ‘

What's your favorite scene from an FF you've read? hmm there was this scene where Armaan is getting impatient because the food they ordered is taking long to come. N Ridz is like asking him to chill out. n then he tells that if you keep uttering sweet-nothings then i can wait forever for the food to come. Ridz agrees n tells him to close his eyes. When he does she starts listening to the I-pod n starts telling the lyrics of a romantic song..n when Armaan opens his eyes he notices this..n he's like i thougt ive heard it b4 but sounds better coming from u πŸ˜‰
This was from To Err is Human by bheegi di..sorry i did'nt remember the scene exaclty..but i found this scene cute n funny at the same time! :P

- What's the track in your current favorite FF?
That's tough to choose..so i'll leave this question..! :P
- What's its masala rating? ⭐️
Leavin dis too
- Romance rating? 😍

Hmm..the romance in all the FF's is gud..! But i love the way Saz write these scenes..!..in Revenge marriage...πŸ˜‰

-Aish

hey grt thread madiha..smthng i had been looking fwd to..thr r so mny fics tht we read n at sm point we r like bursting wth feelings tht need to b expressed out loud(err..wrong sentence i guess..)..i hv to admit i hv been lucky enuf..evry fic tht i laid my hands on ,has turned out to b a gem..m nt reading fics of late but the ones i halted at wud be..

pehchaan:i dunno hw bheegi manages it..but her narrative style is awesome..once u start reading u jus cnt stop,its keeps on going,same goes for definitely yes,maybe..everytime i read it i m spellbound cz of the vividness wth whch shes expressed the beauty of diff places frm ridz POV..tht one goes dwn in my list of most favs..

if i hv to enlist my one fav scene frm a fic..(i hv been craving to pen ths down)..it might b too old but thrs a scene frm nj's NEWTON whr armaan kinds of misunderstands riddhima n leaves her n she goes out looking for him oblivious to the fact tht shes been given sleeping pills..the driveway scene,where armaan finds her sleeping peacefully n the entire description in tht para..i dunno y but i love it..i hv read the scene innumerable tyms,its an awesome one...

living wth a stranger by kaj is another lovely fic..the growing bond between AR,its fun reading...
never say never-it makes an amazing read,i like harika's writing style,its one of those fics u wud like to read anytime..specially the convos, u dnt hv to b too involved to know whts gng in the story..

thr's another writer whose style i cnt help admiring n tht wud be kiran...green blue hues,anybody who has not read it yet shd go for it..the cheerful light heated banter between AR n then the slowly developing bond,everything has been expressed wonderfully..shes like one of those writers who make thr fics complete frm evry angle..though i think she has no intentn of completing it ever..
 i think i spoke too much ut b4 signing out wud mention another ff thts been in my list of favs for long...sam's Maslows..though AR romance is not very intense but the way evry character has been given importance n the numerous infos tht has been mentioned in the fic makes the fic much more appealing..wud cum agn n elaborate later..

once agn madz thanks for ths..we readers needed smthng lik ths..!
Hmmm!! This topic seemed to gain enough of a boost up start as it is....we already clashed! :D...but yeah, thats meant to be there....if not here on IF, then where else...!! Anyways...good idea Madz...the name, i wudnt even go there cuz u knw why :P...but ya, it set in finally!!

Okay....i know this isnt exactly the recommendations topic and the fic um mentioning is finished anf by gone....but if theres one fic everyone MUST read, its Unleashing What Remained Unsaid by nj (spln). The fic revolves around not only the lead AR, but other pivotal characters who do their bit in bringing together two people who have been irrevocably in love since six years but the circumstances never let them confess it. Its on a serious note, and one that needs a lot of thought going in, but trust me, this fic will leave you wondering and thinking and then it will go down in your favorites. :D...i love this fic because of its simple plot, complicated lives, established characters, so close to reality, and no loopholes. I can say its the only COMPLETE fic i have ever read. :D

Anyways...coming to the current fics... Pablo's Muse by Aria (olive green) is a fantastic fic...it picks up pace and the characters are a riot...especially Armaan! Its a lighthearted romantic comedy...i loved the last part specially where Armaan took Riddhima to his studio :D that was a surprise!!

Sookie's new fic...Revenge of the Brothers Grim...i wudnt say its gone down in my favorites but its a far cry from what she usually writes...thats why its so appealing! No philosphy, no serious talk..just plain sarcastic clash of the leads...i hope to read some uneexpected stuff there Sookie :)

Bheegi's Pehchaan...okay, i would say i LIKED the last part...but i dont like her too good to be true Riddhima...i mean, her husband cheated on her...SOME reaction shud have been there...perhaps i wanted her to break out in front of the whole fam or at least stand up for Armaan!! And Armaan...the guy is too nice for them man! Its like, these misfits in the world who dun fit in just becuse they are WAY TOO NICE! And yeah...um looking forward to the love track being developed yet...:D...

Thats it for now...! Will hopefully be back with a new set of fics :D

Kiran
READERS RESORT, READERS RESORT, READERS RESORT!
I like the title, and I think it fits with the whole point of this thread.

I shall be back (or not, seeing as I kinda quit reading fan-fics here, lol) to give my opinions.
[quote=Pebblez]Bheegi's Pehchaan...okay, i would say i LIKED the last part...but i dont like her too good to be true Riddhima...i mean, her husband cheated on her...SOME reaction shud have been there...perhaps i wanted her to break out in front of the whole fam or at least stand up for Armaan!! And Armaan...the guy is too nice for them man! Its like, these misfits in the world who dun fit in just becuse they are WAY TOO NICE! And yeah...um looking forward to the love track being developed yet...:D...[/quote]

thanks 4 reading the ff Kiran. Yes, ur right, Ridz could have defended armaan when the whole showdown happened in the Modi living room but u have to remember that Ridz is just beginning to show signs of independent thinking and assertiveness. she comes from a small town, with a conservative background where one is supposed to treat in laws and sasural as Gods/mandir. Thanks to a green signal from her MIL, Ridz did not hesitate in running to armaan to support and comfort him. It would have been unlike her character to have defended armaan in front of all her sasural waalas but trust me she will...soon and thanks to her supportive MIL.

I appreciate ur and Nijal's comments on this post but would be great if u come up with these points on the ff post also. It's great to read compliments but trust me it's only the critically written comments that help a write become better. I hope u all will be honest on the posts also, and just not on this resort.

[quote=aish_punk]What's your favorite scene from an FF you've read? hmm there was this scene where Armaan is getting impatient because the food they ordered is taking long to come. N Ridz is like asking him to chill out. n then he tells that if you keep uttering sweet-nothings then i can wait forever for the food to come. Ridz agrees n tells him to close his eyes. When he does she starts listening to the I-pod n starts telling the lyrics of a romantic song..n when Armaan opens his eyes he notices this..n he's like i thougt ive heard it b4 but sounds better coming from u πŸ˜‰
This was from To Err is Human by bheegi di..sorry i did'nt remember the scene exaclty..but i found this scene cute n funny at the same time! :P[/quote]

thanks 4 reminding me...yes i remember what a character armaan was in that ff...his ADD made him so impatientπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

[quote=shriya12]
pehchaan:i dunno hw bheegi manages it..but her narrative style is awesome..once u start reading u jus cnt stop,its keeps on going,same goes for definitely yes,maybe..everytime i read it i m spellbound cz of the vividness wth whch shes expressed the beauty of diff places frm ridz POV..tht one goes dwn in my list of most favs..[/quote]

thanks shriya....looks like i will need to write a sequel to DYM and this time with Armaan's POV...what do u say?πŸ˜‰
Edited by bheegi - 14 years ago
[QUOTE=shriya12]
thr's another writer whose style i cnt help admiring n tht wud be kiran...green blue hues,anybody who has not read it yet shd go for it..the cheerful light heated banter between AR n then the slowly developing bond,everything has been expressed wonderfully..shes like one of those writers who make thr fics complete frm evry angle..though i think she has no intentn of completing it ever..

Hahahha shriya :D..you made me smile tons! I never liked the way i took the fic, i wanted so much more! Anyways, um glad that u like it...and YES, i have every intention of continuing, um juts gonna do that once um done with my vacations :D...!! Thnaks again

Kiran
- one name i would like to mention is of Kat Di, who has made a tremendous contribution to the forum and im mising her so much.
Her ff's were the one that gave me a go.
Her "kiss goodbye","misdiagnosis", "life suppor"t, "pulse" , "dont step on daisies", "heart attacks and seizures","with every breath i take" all of them are my fav ones , i still remember spending nights trying to finish the ff's.

-One more talented writer is dmg_sonia (sonu) and completely loved her "shades of love". and as far as i remember she won best ff writer of the week couple of times for that in dmg section.

-Oh and here comes the surprise package for mer , miss lubna. Her ff "dil ki baat" is a complete contrast of what she is herself πŸ˜›...and the hard task is to write something which u aren't and expres the feelings.  and "its just begun" was completely her side of the story must be an easy write for her πŸ˜†. She is an awesome writer , may be coz she makes me forget for a while who she is really πŸ˜‰ .

-Naina_123  though she is missing from the forum for a while now, but her ff's are a worth read . i still remember bits of her ff , sorry naina forgot the name of the ff , but the scnes are still fresh in my mind ( thats the kind of effect her writing has ) ..the one in which an old patient is telling his story to a doctor . its beautifully written. i gues it was pyaar ishq aur mohabbat πŸ˜•

And now comes the current writers .
-Big D (bheegi di ), im just in love with wat she writes. the way she writes and potrays the characters , i always had something or other to learn from her writing. Di an honest admission, the first time i saw u on dmg forum with the ff "tere mera rishta" i was lil annoyed coz u won the best writer award couple of times πŸ˜‰, and i thought yeah its esay to copy paste the characters from other ff u wrote and get awards πŸ˜ƒ, so lame of me πŸ˜‰ coz u had that ff in AK version too..and then later i realized i was so addcted to it  i cudnt keep up the excitement to read the complete ff and i actually went to read Ak version πŸ˜ƒ ....  and then followed" to err is human" . its got so much to learn from ur writing...
another of my fav is "definitely yes may be ! " ......  the whole set up of italy is very well written... the vineyards and everything , the narration was superb that i was always lost in italy. πŸ˜‰

-As everyone already said about Sam's maslow's heirarchy  , i dont think i can really add to whats been already said abt the ff. without any doubts it goes to the list of star ff's .

-And  I have compliants abt Hina di's " Girl next door " .... coz she's not been updating it ....... And di that kills the excitement it brings with it .

- NJ kya kahun main aapke baare mein...... kuch toh chodo kehne ke liye ..and unfortunately im posting on page 3 , so everyone took all my words.
A must read " Unleashed ..." i remember i caught up with 2 threads in 2 days πŸ˜ƒ , and her current "Adolescense of love " .... i so much love the fact of that few characters belong to category of engineers. A relief from complicated doctor's life which i dont completely understand πŸ˜‰ ..and adds up to what i missed for not being in india ....

-Krati's "set ablaze" is a must read . I liked it coz it showed a boldness to her character unlike the simple ands weet ridhima potrayed in most of the ff's.

-Another name i dont wanna miss on the list is Jia. "Armour of love" is a fast paced ff which so much action which differentiates it from other commonman stories . " Love me Always" is makes for a great read well

-Recently , lubna recommended me Pablo's muse ..... its getting intersting as the story proceeeds. lets see what twists and turns she brings.

- A new writer on the block , Rachu (friend.of.friends) has come up with really exciting stories. "Tanha dil" is picking up really good as well as "My wish come true" . She writes really well. "My love my life" is one of my fav on her list . She has very beautifully portrayed the strength of love, how it helps u to stand for urself. Its makes u feel so good and wish a life partner like the character armaan in the story. She has very well etched the characters of Armaan and Ridhima completely different from the original show .

- Valli di  here you come ...  im so so addicted to her "Aradhna - anmol bandhan "  Hindi not being her mother tongue, it does take u alil while to understand the language but other than that the story is beautiful. where she brought in the concept of remarraige and lack of trust on ur loved ones and not taking a stand for ur love which lead them to getting married to other ppl. And how Angad tried to unite AR . 

Sorry guys for such a long post, but i cudnt keep myself from mentioning the ff's i loved Dil se ....

Thanks Mads for the awesome idea of this thread .

Edited by KehanT - 14 years ago

Hi Ficmaniacs,

Hey Madiha thanks for bringing this up..  I may be the first but this idea is soemthing whcih every reader must be wantign to have in this forum... and musthave thouhgt abt it... sometimes a story ends and readers are still in the daze of the story and they want to share their views and this place will be there's so hope all enjoy their say here...

I like the name.. Readers Resort I dont have a problem if other sections have it.. as I may be amogn the many or few who havnt checked ever that section so 'Readers resort' is a welcome..and also readers resort is not limited to a charcter but on n on..so resort chalta hi rahega..lol

SO we are all ficmaniacs.. sounds good... hahah maniacs yup crazy people out here...

About the stories i have read here... there are few but I enjoyed them .. i do feel really bad if i havnt read the end of a fic.. :( cant rate s read very few

The first story I read was Monika's 'Kaho Na Pyaar hai'... I think the imagination she has is spellendid I have enjoyed it a lot. When i read it was already in its 32 page and many parts were written, I managed to read quickly as I loved I felt i was actually going through a serial. I was not thinking I may forgive Angad so easily but I did as Monika presented it well and gave all the resons to forgive him. Romance i remember the shirt scene it was cute..

Naseem's, 'Unleashing what remained unsaid' was a very good story I enjoyed the way it was presented the detailings moved a lot .. I liked many scenes but the one i remember well was the way the scene in which Lovely has attempted sucide is dealt.. it truly came with that touch which isnt that easy to bring in a written form but easier on visual medium.. so she realy did complete justice..... the story in many parts was very very beautiful and I have loved the way she explained a lot of the terms or words or abotu the play in th end of the part.

Harika's, 'TRACE UR DREAMS' was one of the few stories which i read from start to end..:D lol.. i read and loved the idea of dreams and the girl wanting to meet the people ... it was a great great idea..the end was the best with reflecting everything the story brought with us, within us. a must read for sure.. and I felt ncie i was able to read the story...:D it reminded me of my own dreams as well..

As a reader i have read many times few parts.. and couldnt get time or link to read the story again... but I hope to read soon..

will get back soon as i read mroe and have somethign itneresting to share..

Bhoomi

[

[quote=shriya12]
pehchaan:i dunno hw bheegi manages it..but her narrative style is awesome..once u start reading u jus cnt stop,its keeps on going,same goes for definitely yes,maybe..everytime i read it i m spellbound cz of the vividness wth whch shes expressed the beauty of diff places frm ridz POV..tht one goes dwn in my list of most favs..[/quote]

thanks shriya....looks like i will need to write a sequel to DYM and this time with Armaan's POV...what do u say?πŸ˜‰
[/QUOTE]

i am all for it..jus pm me..whn u start..cheers to DYM-2!!
sry for diverting...