Mohe Rang De

kudi punjab di - prabhleen sandhu

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

pinkypony

pinkypony

Posted: 28 July 2009 at 4:36am | IP Logged
Simple, warm and vivacious is how Prabhleen Sandhu comes across in a telephonic interview from Mumbai. Vidya Verma of Zee's new show Aap Ki Antara is all excited to be a reel mum: "When I was approached for the role I refused straightaway as there was no chance that I would play a mother at my age. But then, a look at the script and some coaxing made me accept the role. And I am pretty satisfied with the decision," shares Prabhleen, who is a music teacher in the serial. A postgraduate in English literature from her hometown Ferozpure, Prabhleen started her career with music albums. As luck would have it, she ended up getting a role in a Punjabi movie: "I did three Punjabi movies - Yaran Naal Baharaan, Ek Jind Ek Jaan and Mehndi Wale Haath." After some anchoring and a role in a Hindi religious film, the next stop for this gutsy girl from Punjab was telly. "I started my career with movies and was apprehensive of joining the telly world. Mohe Rang De was a show different from the ones running, so I accepted the role," she says. And then Aap Ki Antara happened. "I wouldn't say it's easy to play a mother. But then, I am the kind who loves challenge and right now, I am enjoying that," shares Prabhleen. In Mumbai for around a year, the girl misses the close-knit relationships of Punjabis: "Growing up in Punjab means one exudes warmth but then, Mumbai is a different place where professionalism rules." Also, used to big things in her home state, where the house and everything else is large, the Mumbai flat life came as a shocker. Chandigarh is a city that Prabhleen finds truly beautiful: "I really feel those living in Chandigarh are blessed and I wonder why do they ever leave for foreign shores, as wherever you go in the world, be it America or Canada, City Beautiful never loses its charm." For Prabhleen, the world revolves around her parents: "All my life I have learnt so much from them, they are the true role models. Apart from them, I really admire Kiran Bedi for the place she has made for herself." Among actors, it's Madhu Bala and Sridevi that inspire her.

As for future plans: "I take life as it comes. When I started with Punjabi movies in 2005, I had absolutely no clue what would come next and that is true now too. I do not believe in planning. Will see what life offers next. But yes, I believe in versatility and would not do roles that typecast me," signs off the girl.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

2875sami01

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "kudi punjab di - prabhleen sandhu" in Mohe Rang De forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sasha722

sasha722

Posted: 28 July 2009 at 8:53am | IP Logged
thanks for the article

sim_ran

sim_ran

Posted: 28 July 2009 at 10:49am | IP Logged
where did u find this article ,reallly nice thanls for the post...
Ads by Google

manalee

manalee

Posted: 29 July 2009 at 1:19am | IP Logged
Smilethanks for the article .prabhleen rocks in the show

Bonai

Bonai

Posted: 29 July 2009 at 4:25am | IP Logged
thanks for the post. Yes she is a very good actress. very few of the present artists can express through eyes she is brilliant in that like our munda.

pennu

IF-Sizzlerz

pennu

Posted: 29 July 2009 at 4:52am | IP Logged
Thanks for the post Pinky....
Waiting to see her doing another challenging role with our Gavie...Embarrassed
Hope in that she won't do any sister/daughter/mother/babhi roles with him...
Kya patha shayaat use woh bhi challenging rage.... ConfusedLOL

Edited by pennu - 29 July 2009 at 4:53am

KissOfDeath

IF-Sizzlerz

KissOfDeath

Posted: 29 July 2009 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
thnx
prabhleen is awesome

Post Reply New Post

Go to top