India-Forums

My observations about Manmohan Tiwari (Page 3)

tv addict Goldie
tv addict
tv addict

Posted: 29 July 2009 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Tiwari's mom had told Rakhi that ghunghat wearing is done when there are elders or men present. When Rakhi was sitting with the women of the house, where was the need for those women to wear the ghunghat? I agree with what you said, they didn't look like the typical shy bahu types at all. Guess they don't wear ghunghat in front of the camerapersons and more importantly, in front of camera! Who doesn't want their 15 mins of fame?! LOL
jibi Goldie
jibi
jibi

Posted: 29 July 2009 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --arti--

Originally posted by jibi

Originally posted by --arti--

.. now everyone thinks they are backward and all that, but we could be wrong about that. A few customs do not make an entire family backward.

Also, MM's mom's or dad's version of their family sanskaar may not entirely be accurate. I think they felt pressure to portray their family as sanskaari in that particular way (maybe to keep Rakhi away! Could have been a strategy, or planned to do so with channelwaale for TRPs). For all we know, the bahus in that family think the whole thing is a big joke..! Maybe they all have jobs outside the house, we wouldn't know...

I don't agree you regarding MM's family. Still in India many families are like this, especially Brahmins. Tiwaris are also Brahmin and settled in a small town. So, its highly likely that they are exactly as they are shown.  I have seen these types of families.

I am sure there are lots of families like that, but nobody knows what goes on inside a particular family until they are a part of it or are close enough to it.

In this case, I just noticed that Manmohan's mom or chachis or mamis, none of them were wearing ghunghat. That's just one thing, I know, but I think there are bound to contradictions between how an older generation wants to ideally describe their family, especially on national TV and to ward off a potentially risky bahu, and the actual real life situation of that family. So I am just suggesting that that is a possibility.

Within all families there are generation gaps and changes that keep happening, so it is hard to pin it down as one thing.

You are right. I agree.

Go to top