Miley Jab Hum Tum
Miley Jab Hum Tum

India-Forums

MJHT and Remix (Page 8)

hey.bhaggu IF-Sizzlerz
hey.bhaggu
hey.bhaggu

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Wow so much so said...never expected soo much discussions i would get to see when i wake up...neways i dunno where to start from but since its going with Remix and hip hip hurray...i'll start wth that!

Well hip hip hurray is undoubtedly one of the best youth shows...i mean i don't remember it quite well coz i was only 7/8 year old during those days but i know i used to watch that show a lot with my sister!! When you ask me...Remix is 1000 times better than Hip hip hurray because remix came during 'my' teenage days but obviously yours and my sister's pov would be totally opposite coz hip hip hurray came during 'your' teenage days! I think both the shows rocked in its own time...hip hip hurray was later 90's as far as i think and remix was after 2000...it came in 2004! Plus hip hip hurray was about normal, middle class students going to a normal, regular school like us while remix was about rich + scholarship students going to india's most elite high school!!

I think both shows rocked in their own places since both dealt with real life issues and teenage problems and both the shows managed to capture our attention and made us fall in love with it!Embarrassed The best thing about hip hip hurray was that we were able to connect a lot more with it since it was just regular students like us who were going to school...it reflected our day-to-day lives while Maurya High was a boarding school...we could connect with remix a lot too but yes there were some fiction aspects to it too and leads were extremes which was not the case in hip hip hurray...all the characters in HHH were just plain, simple and real!!

But you know what i don't mind remix for having extremes leads coz one of them was ashi!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed That girl like everyone said was/is the bestttttttttttttt indian female protagonist!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed I loveeeeeee herr!EmbarrassedHug

Edited by -YaRa-Forever- - 26 July 2009 at 11:09am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Eloquentmissing Vmarsmads

Bazinga IF-Sizzlerz
Bazinga
Bazinga

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 11:15am | IP Logged
I sincerely wish MJHT makers would try to copy from shows like Remix or Hip Hip Hurray and incorporate SUCH youthful elements instead of being inspired by bollywood fluff

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LOLitaPawarEloquentmissing Vmars

mads IF-Sizzlerz
mads
mads

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 11:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by FollowYourHeart

pps...omg mads i just realized u too were here and i didnt even say a bade wala hai to u showie haiiiiiiiiiii maddo i hope u doing fineHug

awww smriti .. not a prob dear !!! Hug me doin gr8!!
mads IF-Sizzlerz
mads
mads

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kavya_KraZQueen

I sincerely wish MJHT makers would try to copy from shows like Remix or Hip Hip Hurray and incorporate SUCH youthful elements instead of being inspired by bollywood fluff

kavz .. kya bol diya yaar ... ShockedShockedShocked sach shows are one-of-a-kind !!! ther can NEVER be another like them .. no matter how much MJHT try to incorporate .. they will NEVER be able to achieve what they did in their times ...

I can still remember the MAD RUSH when remix gang used to visit the many cities of India... it was awesome ya!!! Embarrassed I wish I cud go back in time jus to experience that magic I felt then ... awww, here's me getting nostalgic now ... CryCryCry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hey.bhaggumissing Vmars

Bazinga IF-Sizzlerz
Bazinga
Bazinga

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 11:22am | IP Logged
@Mads: ROFL, no other show can EVER reach the class of shows like Remix n Hup Hip Hurray but if the makers of some of these 'youth shows'  (like MJHT) get their inspiration for better n sensible ideas from the  ones like Remix, it will be a HUGE relief for people like us.

madshey.bhaggu

mads IF-Sizzlerz
mads
mads

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Eloquent

Coming to ashi....well  think she was a revolution...she changed a lot of lives, not least mine....I think she brought out the mischief in me the most....earlier I was all quiet and shy and even though I am still shy and all, yet she has brought out the mischief and the laughter in me...and she has also made me bolder and I am more prone to being braver, bolder and gutsy than I was before ashi.

Ashi was such a refreshing change from the cry babies ruling the roost on tv in those days...I related to her on many levels...from her tom-boyishness to her feeling of being different from everyone else and also her image of having a tough exterior but a soft soft heart inside...I feel I am like her in that context...

Apart from that, just her mere presence on tv...and her dialogues and her attitude and the way she set me rotfl-ing all the time in every episode and also all the unique relationships she had with everyone in the show...were so heart warming....I think she was the only person in the show who had the most unique and different relationships---Leo, Sonia, Ranveer, Yuvi, even her brief friendship with latika, RD sir and many more...and the best of the lot for me was ofcourse her friendship with MP and Vrinda...each of her relationships with these characters was unique and different and so "awwww" inducingLOLEmbarrassed

Also one of her chief character traits...her rebellion....her care-a-damn attitude for what people thought about her..and her 'follow your heart' and "be real" mantras and the way she taught that to us in a total non-preachy manner....was inspiration to the core....She cared little for societal norms and she reached out to the "ignored" and "shunned" set of people in college and thats one of the main reasons she is adored so very much..she turned prejudices on their heads in a way. She lived life her own way...ad she lived life king size!

That's not to say she didnthave her flaws and that is also why  I love her because her character was so well rounded....she had issues with her mom, she had a great temper, she could lash out suddenly somtimes and hurt people, she was impulsive and made disastrous decisions and many more...which made her character realistic to me and to so many people!

Ashi is that and so much more...to me and to so many other people!

Ashi is inspiration, rebellion, attitude and so much more...and above all, she is real!

She made me wish I was a red-headWink

And I really want to applaud the original writer of her character who actually ahd the brilliance to frame such an amazing amazing character ClapClapClap and I do not care that we had an "adaptation" of the original because it just goes on to show what a brilliant character and what a brilliant show it is...since the original show Rebeldeway (Argentina) has been to use your (kateleode) word "copied" the WORLD over...tere have been remakes in so many countries apart from India!

There can be no other "remix" and definitely there can be no other "ashi"Embarrassed

harshu ... this is for u ... HugHugHug I cud NOT have said this any better than u !!!!

Eloquenthey.bhaggu

mads IF-Sizzlerz
mads
mads

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kavya_KraZQueen

@Mads: ROFL, no other show can EVER reach the class of shows like Remix n Hup Hip Hurray but if the makers of some of these 'youth shows'  (like MJHT) get their inspiration for better n sensible ideas from the  ones like Remix, it will be a HUGE relief for people like us.

I agree kavz .. they shud try to incorporate SOME reality atleast ..

SG track had SUCH gr8 potential .. it was stretched beyond limits .. MN ka romance started off soo beautifully yaar ... they cud hav shown soo much more in that ...

*sighs*..ther's no use complaining I guess... Ouch

Edited by mads - 26 July 2009 at 11:29am
mads IF-Sizzlerz
mads
mads

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 11:31am | IP Logged
the only consistent thing abt MJHT is the sisters' bonding that they've shown ... its AWESOME !!!! EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

LOLitaPawarEloquenthey.bhaggumissing VmarsAreYaar

Go to top