Miley Jab Hum Tum

India-Forums

MJHT and Remix (Page 7)

missing Vmars IF-Sizzlerz
missing Vmars
missing Vmars

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kavya_KraZQueen

@Kanu: Hip Hip hurray was ANOTHER classic and my first ever youth show, I think I was in 8th or 9th Standard then .
About comparing Hip Hip Hurray and Remix, I think  both the shows were in tune with their respective times and inspiring in their own way. When Remix aired, the teenagers back then DID behave like that n the same applies to Hip Hip Hurray as well. They were both contemporary shows n had REAL characters.

same here kavs .... i was in 8th when it first aired n my first youth show ... it actually focussed on such real issues .... drug abuse .. coaching classes .. first crush ..... part time jobs .. anorexia even ..n such fantastic actors .... dunno mayb i am bring wrong in drawing a comparision but thats y i found remix a bit vain (  or mayb i had outgrown it by the time it had aired ) ... no  doubt it had its own place n had most of us hooked

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bazinga

Bazinga IF-Sizzlerz
Bazinga
Bazinga

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 10:13am | IP Logged
@Eloquent: I just LOVED your description of Ashi - it is SO true!

EDIT:

@Kanu: I know!

Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 26 July 2009 at 10:15am

Eloquent

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 10:15am | IP Logged
@Kanu: I loooooooooved Hip Hip Hurray.....now that was a cult classic from my generation I think.....lol.....cuz I was a teenager back in school then too....by the time Remix aired, I was out of that phase....but like Kavya said, for their respective times in which they aired....both Hip Hip Hurray and Remix were relevant.

HHH was from the era when TV was not that much about glitz and glamor....it was very simply made....no glitzy sets, etc.....Remix was after Indian TV became more glamorous....the sets reflected that....it was more colorful...a bit Archie's comics style....lol.....but even within those parameters, it was real and relevant.....unlike the rest of the shows on Star One now which are mainly mindless fluff for the most part.

But I do agree that HHH had better youth actors.....very natural and identifiable.

Edited by nureat01 - 26 July 2009 at 10:15am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ProdigalStudentmissing Vmars

missing Vmars IF-Sizzlerz
missing Vmars
missing Vmars

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

@Kanu: I loooooooooved Hip Hip Hurray.....now that was a cult classic from my generation I think.....lol.....cuz I was a teenager back in school then too....by the time Remix aired, I was out of that phase....but like Kavya said, for their respective times in which they aired....both Hip Hip Hurray and Remix were relevant.

HHH was from the era when TV was not that much about glitz and glamor....it was very simply made....no glitzy sets, etc.....Remix was after Indian TV became more glamorous....the sets reflected that....it was more colorful...a bit Archie's comics style....lol.....but even within those parameters, it was real and relevant.....unlike the rest of the shows on Star One now which are mainly mindless fluff for the most part.

But I do agree that HHH had better youth actors.....very natural and identifiable.

anu oh my god ... so true ... HHH was truely a cult classic from our times ( i knw it makes us sound ancient ) but that show always makes me sooo nostalgic na ...Embarrassed

n soooo true abt the actors ... the best emsemble cast ... be it the princi or vinay sir or alak the physics teacher or all the students ..... all the characters were so wonderfully etched n portayed ... cant find fault with even one of them

i agree with u ... yesh HHH came around a time when the shows were still natural .. less of glamour ... n remix came in a diferent era ....n like i said i think i had out grown it by then ( also a few actors were soooo annoying ) but still it was way better than what v get today ..... aab toh its a lost cause only Confused .. they only wanna stretch the show to eternity

ProdigalStudent

kavya.b IF-Stunnerz
kavya.b
kavya.b

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 10:25am | IP Logged
never watched remix... but heard that it's a good show n it's the best youth show

MJHT rocked once upon a tym but now... dont know much it's rocking now...

missing Vmars

FollowYourHeart IF-Sizzlerz
FollowYourHeart
FollowYourHeart

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Halshuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu i can just hug u hard for the post u wrote on the previous pageHugHugHug Theres hardly anyone who can discribe Ashi d way u discribe u just use the perfect words d perfect phrases for this one red headHugHug That post seriously took me to Anvesha Bhaggu's Gal thread of indya.com

ps...michingggggggg uHugHugwld call u sooonHug
pps...omg mads i just realized u too were here and i didnt even say a bade wala hai to u showie haiiiiiiiiiii maddo i hope u doing fineHug

Eloquent

--dolphin-- IF-Dazzler

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 10:55am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
FollowYourHeart IF-Sizzlerz
FollowYourHeart
FollowYourHeart

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 11:00am | IP Logged
i loved HHH like anything and loved all the actors mazher kirna bela john alaknanda maam vinay sir everyone and hhh was true to its time it stood out during those days but i disagree as to the comparision being drawn btw the caste i felt Remix ka whole caste was as good or maybe even better than HHH Barring Shweta ie Tia all of dem i mean d students were new comers and dey did a more than perfect job wid their chars plus i didn;t find anyone even close to being Ashi in HHH so yeah i toh wld anyday love remix much more for the sheer fact that it had a character like Ashi she truely was the soul of the show w/o exaggeration and noone but Priya Wal could have done it
But all things said the point is that i even loved HHH there wasnt nothing glosssy abt it it was so dammed relatedable it still is specially if u contrast it wid the current genre of shows But Remix was Remix a total revolution

hey.bhaggu

Go to top