MJHT and Remix (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 18

Bazinga

IF-Sizzlerz

Bazinga

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 9:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

LadyM, YaRa4ever, Kavya: Fantastic posts! Very well said!

@topic: I've only recently had the opportunity to watch Remix re-runs from the beginning and honestly that show is a  class apart as compared to MJHT.....let's not even begin to put MJHT in the same league.(Exactly Anu jee LOL LOL, we should not even compare MJHT to Remix, the former is NOWHERE near the sensibility which the latter show cased very well !)...Remix was a show that literally launched Star One and gave it  a big boost as a youth based shows channel.....it was pathbreaking that way (You have put it SO well. YES, Remix WAS a path breaking show- not only was it a maverick in its times (because the TV was RULED by BT soaps then) but it was also a YOUTH show in TRUE SENSE)....for all the reasons LadyM listed out so well....that it dealt with real issues like drug abuse, peer pressure, parental pressures so well....and ALL characters had something to do in the show....they had a POINT to them. (BINGO! Remix was one show which equally appealed to the masses as well as the intelligent viewers)

MJHT and  DMG  are the 'new age' version of Star One 'youth shows'.....the fluff, inane variety which only focus on showing romance b/w the couples and everything else including development of a storyline/secondary characters is secondary for the most part.....infact it hardly figures in the scheme of things.....Jab tak "passionate romance" hai, tab tak saari logic/sense gayi tel lene.....these shows revel in descending into mindless buffoonery from time to time...well this is what the audience of today seems to want I guess given the popularity of these shows.

These days the mantra seems to be just on focussing on creating a 'hit jodi', nothing else....and that's easy enough....show the characters clashing for a bit, then they fall in love later on and start romancing and tadaa....audience khush.

I won't deny that I'm also a fan of Mayank-Nupur from this show.....my only main reason for watching it....but that has other factors attached to it in how I identify with the characters especially Mayank.....the same way Mads identifies with Gunjan and that pulls her in.....but the fact remains that if we look at an overall perspective, there is hardly anything of substance in this show that can be applauded....in my opinion atleast......it's inane/slapstick fluff for the most part with occasionally good scenes......which have dwindled in frequency much more as the show has progressed.

Remix on the other hand, from what I've seen of it so far.....is much more realistic in depicting today's youth....and this isn't just a 'oh that's a high school based show and MJHT is a college based one' thing.....No, Remix depicted high school life MUCH better than MJHT has EVER managed to depict college life.....anyone remember the last time these ppl even managed to attend classes?? LOLL

Just my two cents. No offence intended to anyone. If anyone still wants to be offended, their choice.

@blue: I COMPLETELY AGREE with that! Its no less than a CRIME to expect SENSE and LOGIC from the current crop of youth shows on Star One. All these shows have more or less the same cliched scenes in the name of 'romance', the only difference being them enacted by different actors each time. Also, they focus on the SINGULAR aspect of love n mushy romance like nothing else exists in the characters' lives, they keep on adding new characters mindlessly irrespective of their contribution to the story (IF there is one) while failing to properly utilize the already existing side characters....I don't even want to draw a contrast between Remix n the current star one shows because my post would become a PAPER on the decrepit state of the current Indian Televison scenario then LOL LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescenceAreYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "MJHT and Remix (Page 6)" in Miley Jab Hum Tum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kavya_KraZQueen

@blue: I COMPLETELY AGREE with that! Its no less than a CRIME to expect SENSE and LOGIC from the current crop of youth shows on Star One. All these shows have more or less the same cliched scenes in the name of 'romance', the only difference being them enacted by different actors each time. Exactly! It's the same scenes, with only the actors changing.....lol.....in some cases, the actors are good enough to elevate the general clichedness of such repetitive, cliched scenarios....and those are the rare cases in which I get pulled in despite myself...*sigh*....ArTi being the prime example hereLOL Also, they focus on the SINGULAR aspect of love n mushy romance like nothing else exists in the characters' lives, they keep on adding new characters mindlessly irrespective of their contribution to the story (IF there is one) while failing to properly utilize the already existing side characters...Ditto! It's like NOTHING exists in the lives of the youth other than mush romanceConfusedConfusedLOL.....no one's asking them to show rona dhona either but Remix is a great example for them to WATCH and try and understand what a well rounded story looks like......I don't even want to draw a contrast between Remix n the current star one shows because my post would become a PAPER on the decrepit state of the current Indian Televison scenario then LOL LOLLOL same here.....we could end up writing essays on the degeneration of Indian TV currently....seriously nothing of substance left anymore....each new 'youth' show that starts on Star One is just a rehashing of the previous ones with the same standard 5-6 scenes being repeated over and over again.....and not all the actors are good enough to save them from falling into the trap of clichedness.Wink

Edited by nureat01 - 26 July 2009 at 9:26am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Eloquenthey.bhagguBazingaincandescence

Bazinga

IF-Sizzlerz

Bazinga

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 9:27am | IP Logged

I don't think Nupur and Ashi are alike, really.....Nupur does have a fiery temper as well and believes in standing up for her rights and all but Ashi was a class apart.....a rebel in the true sense of the word....and there were many more layers to her....she had a soft heart, despite being brash on the surface many times....she had a strong sense of honor....in standing up for what she believed was right.

Nupur is more in keeping with what MJHT is.....gloss as LadyM aptly said.....Nupur is a filmy, nautanki sort of character that is shown to be a bit of a dim bulb from time to time....there was scope for a lot of layers to be shown to her character as well but the creatives don't seem to care much to explore her in that direction.....LOL....

Exactly WHY I always have issues with the handling of N's character. Nupur started off as a three dimensional character, she HAD a LOT of potential as a character. Like Ashi, she too believes in fighting against injustice, like Ashi , she too is capable of inspiring people, like Ashi, she too believes in standing up for friends and going to ANY length to bail them out of trouble , N too has a fiery spirit  n is spunky like Ashi......IF ONLY the creatives had tried to explore all that instead of turning her into a dimwit and reducing her to a comic characterOuch Ouch Isn't it QUITE strange that an extrovert like Nupur has no other friends in Axe-L except for Mayank? One would think that she would be an instant hit amongst the girls n guys in Axe-L due to her bubbly nature and make a LOT of friends Confused Confused

About Sam n Yuvi- I think the peer pressure aspect was handled VERY VERY WELL in Yuvi's case as compared to Sam's.

If one takes a closer look, most of the premises used in MJHT to show case a character's plight or bring forth their idiosyncrasies are very juvenile n not at all convincing which was AGAIN not the case with Remix. The premises that were used in Remix were profound and SOLID!

Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 26 July 2009 at 11:29am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ashi_maniaEloquenthey.bhaggumadsAreYaar

FollowYourHeart

IF-Sizzlerz

FollowYourHeart

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 9:30am | IP Logged
@Nuret..i just wana say ditto ditto ditto to wat u wrote here

MJHT and  DMG  are the 'new age' version of Star One 'youth shows'.....the fluff, inane variety which only focus on showing romance b/w the couples and everything else including development of a storyline/secondary characters is secondary for the most part.....infact it hardly figures in the scheme of things.....Jab tak "passionate romance" hai, tab tak saari logic/sense gayi tel lene.....these shows revel in descending into mindless buffoonery from time to time...well this is what the audience of today seems to want I guess given the popularity of these shows.

very very well worded its nothing but stark reality of today's indian shows thats y i just am happpy watching and rewatching the remix epis only coz honestly after experiancing remix and speciallly Ashi Yuvi kinda love i so cant relate to any of he curent "youth" shows i adore ashi yuvi ka love track for just one reason coz they shared somehting more than love their love was just not abt mush and ormance oh man dey ended up bettering eahc others lives ended up bettering eachh other as person via their love i mean ashi ended u being yuvi's inspirationnnnn she ended up being his strength d minute she came to his life he knew it was changed forever i mean seeing ashi stand up for her dreams for wat she feels for even he got the courage to fight for his dreams to fight it all out against his obnocxious dad and wenever he wanted to stop fighting he wld be faced wid ashi who wld kick him blue blakc but not let him give his dream up And the best part aboutt hem was dey didn't need candle light or ball dances or rose petals or stuff toy to fall in lvoe dey didnt need to dress up and look pretty to see beauty in each other dey loved each other just like that and just coz dey realized dey r in lvoe dey suddenly didn't start feeling all awkward and shy and embaressed around each other infact in their case this realization that dey belonged together made him more confident more comfertable wid their inner selves dey were so proude that finally dey found someone hwo wldnt just love dem for their name or many or status or pwoer or looks rather dey wld love each other for the person dey r and dey loooooooooved each others flaws dey were proude of each others mistakes dey accepted each other along wid their imperfections and the most imp thing dey didnt stop being best best bestest of friendsssssss even at the HEIGHTS of their romance friendship to dem had always been the purest form of loveeee aaaaaah just adore them dey hardly might have kissed in the show but who says love was all abt intimacy? love is about an intensity and u just have to look in their eyes to feel that intensity

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

madshey.bhagguBazingaAreYaar

Eloquent

IF-Veteran Member

Eloquent

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 9:50am | IP Logged

Originally posted by fan_mjht

I don't think Nupur and Ashi are alike, really.....Nupur does have a fiery temper as well and believes in standing up for her rights and all but Ashi was a class apart.....a rebel in the true sense of the word....and there were many more layers to her....she had a soft heart, despite being brash on the surface many times....she had a strong sense of honor....in standing up for what she believed was right.

Nupur is more in keeping with what MJHT is.....gloss as LadyM aptly said.....Nupur is a filmy, nautanki sort of character that is shown to be a bit of a dim bulb from time to time....there was scope for a lot of layers to be shown to her character as well but the creatives don't seem to care much to explore her in that direction.....LOL....
yup but considering the self sacrificing character of gunji nupur is closer to ashi gunji is close to BT heroines.

LOL yes Gunjan is quite the mahaan self-sacrificing kinds, but just cuz Nupur is not doesn't really make her Ashi-like I think......It makes Nupur more realistic, yes cuz she doesn't let ppl take her for a ride that way but she's still not as sharp as Ashi was.....plus if Ashi and Nupur ever met in real life, Ashi would make sooooooo much fun of her for her filmy obsessions.....lol....Ashi is not frivolous at all....while Nupur on the other hand is.....I think she would gel more with a Tia typesLOL

I think Ashi and Nupur would gel very well...because both of them do have a penchant for humour..I think they would crack jokes together very well...CJ I think is supposedly MJHT's equivalent of ashi (even though no one can ever replace ashi ) and nupur and CJ manage pretty well, I think.

I do not think Nupur would go with the Tia types.

That apart I am surprised that remix has so much support in this forum, I was expecting a full "jai ho"  type of support for MJHT in this forum!

But I agree with one of your earlier posts...about Star One's current brand of shows...I was hoping for a good slew of shows from Star One after not just remix but sarabhai vs sarabhai, hotel kingston, special squad...and many more.

Currently they are just showing te mindless variety of soaps that are all about girls slipping and falling and guys coming to catch them all the time....and their female lead protagonist is all middle class and preachy while the main guy is the typical rich flirt...it makes me roll my eyes more times than not but still it is better than watching other channels which are even worse off.

Coming to remix, yes, the side characters also were well developed...I fnd that soo irritating in MJHT like for example...poor Benji's life's goal is to revolve around samrat and sing bhajans n his name

But then I realize even the lead characters are not developed...they are all one-side with only one part of their personality to them with minimum of depth...and also all the negative characters of the show are all one-side with their life's goal being just to take revenge on the main leads.

Whereas in remix season one atleast, even a negative character like latika had depth...there were times when you felt like hugging her because even her vulnerability was shown and even her character was full of different layers.

Coming to ashi....well  think she was a revolution...she changed a lot of lives, not least mine....I think she brought out the mischief in me the most....earlier I was all quiet and shy and even though I am still shy and all, yet she has brought out the mischief and the laughter in me...and she has also made me bolder and I am more prone to being braver, bolder and gutsy than I was before ashi.

Ashi was such a refreshing change from the cry babies ruling the roost on tv in those days...I related to her on many levels...from her tom-boyishness to her feeling of being different from everyone else and also her image of having a tough exterior but a soft soft heart inside...I feel I am like her in that context...

Apart from that, just her mere presence on tv...and her dialogues and her attitude and the way she set me rotfl-ing all the time in every episode and also all the unique relationships she had with everyone in the show...were so heart warming....I think she was the only person in the show who had the most unique and different relationships---Leo, Sonia, Ranveer, Yuvi, even her brief friendship with latika, RD sir and many more...and the best of the lot for me was ofcourse her friendship with MP and Vrinda...each of her relationships with these characters was unique and different and so "awwww" inducingLOLEmbarrassed

Also one of her chief character traits...her rebellion....her care-a-damn attitude for what people thought about her..and her 'follow your heart' and "be real" mantras and the way she taught that to us in a total non-preachy manner....was inspiration to the core....She cared little for societal norms and she reached out to the "ignored" and "shunned" set of people in college and thats one of the main reasons she is adored so very much..she turned prejudices on their heads in a way. She lived life her own way...ad she lived life king size!

That's not to say she didnthave her flaws and that is also why  I love her because her character was so well rounded....she had issues with her mom, she had a great temper, she could lash out suddenly somtimes and hurt people, she was impulsive and made disastrous decisions and many more...which made her character realistic to me and to so many people!

Ashi is that and so much more...to me and to so many other people!

Ashi is inspiration, rebellion, attitude and so much more...and above all, she is real!

She made me wish I was a red-headWink

And I really want to applaud the original writer of her character who actually ahd the brilliance to frame such an amazing amazing character ClapClapClap and I do not care that we had an "adaptation" of the original because it just goes on to show what a brilliant character and what a brilliant show it is...since the original show Rebeldeway (Argentina) has been to use your (kateleode) word "copied" the WORLD over...tere have been remakes in so many countries apart from India!

There can be no other "remix" and definitely there can be no other "ashi"Embarrassed

PS: nureat, I love your avi and sig...sandra bullock is so cute! I love that movie!Embarrassed I watched it 'while I was just gonna go sleep' actually LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

madshey.bhagguFollowYourHeart

missing Vmars

IF-Sizzlerz

missing Vmars

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 9:59am | IP Logged
u know out of all the shows u mentioned i think hip hip hurray was the best ..... a class apart .. infact compared to that remix ended up looking a bit vain !!!!

sigh i wish i could turn back the clock n go back in time. .. i wanna re live those days again .. only because of this show .. it really hold a special place in my heart !!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Eloquent

I think Ashi and Nupur would gel very well...because both of them do have a penchant for humour..I think they would crack jokes together very well...CJ I think is supposedly MJHT's equivalent of ashi (even though no one can ever replace ashi ) and nupur and CJ manage pretty well, I think.

I do not think Nupur would go with the Tia types. I can see what you mean about CJ...but even CJ is not really a 'friend' in the true sense of the word to Nupur....she's hardly been around....and for the most part has only laughed at Nupur.....yes both Nupur and Ashi have a penchant for humor but Ashi would make fun of her frivolousness....it's pretty obvious....this is not to say that they might not become friends down the road if they got to interact more....but for a first interaction, Ashi wouldn't care much for a Nupur type...especially if she starts talking SRK, movies, makeup and clothes.....that seems more like a Tia sort of conversation....lol....but if by chance they had an interaction where Ashi got to witness N's strength of character for standing up for herself or the truth etc.....then she would probably gel with her more....and Nupur is toh the kind of person who wants to be friends with everyone anyways.....lol...

That apart I am surprised that remix has so much support in this forum, I was expecting a full "jai ho"  type of support for MJHT in this forum!  LOL....I guess the 'true MJHT fans' haven't showed up yet....give 'em some time and you'll get all your 'jai ho's for MJHTWink

PS: nureat, I love your avi and sig...sandra bullock is so cute! I love that movie!Embarrassed I watched it 'while I was just gonna go sleep' actually LOLThanks! I loved that movie and Sandra Bullock as wellBig smile

I agree with all you've said about Ashi as well......Very well saidClapClap

Eloquenthey.bhagguBazinga

Bazinga

IF-Sizzlerz

Bazinga

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 10:09am | IP Logged
@Kanu: Hip Hip hurray was ANOTHER classic and my first ever youth show, I think I was in 8th or 9th Standard then .
About comparing Hip Hip Hurray and Remix, I think  both the shows were in tune with their respective times and inspiring in their own way. When Remix aired, the teenagers back then DID behave like that n the same applies to Hip Hip Hurray as well. They were both contemporary youth shows n had REAL, well etched characters with proper storyline.

Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 26 July 2009 at 10:11am

madshey.bhaggumissing Vmars

Post Reply New Post

Go to top