Miley Jab Hum Tum

MJHT and Remix (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 18

Bazinga

IF-Sizzlerz

Bazinga

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 7:56am | IP Logged
@Kateleode: With due to respect to your sentiments I think I will STILL give it to Remix for having stood on its own despite being inspired (I would NEVER call it a rip-off) by some other show. The concept of the show may not be original but the presentation and execution of Remix was different n fresh and that I will vouch for even if I haven't watched the original show. And honestly, MJHT is NOT AT ALL original- its a bad mish-mash of several bollywood movie cliches n characters especially YRF ones, however I will not deny that MJHT started off quite well, it just FAILED to sustain the momentum with which it started. The only thing that was perhaps closer to being original about MJHT was Mayank's erstwhile character.

Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 26 July 2009 at 7:58am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

ProdigalStudenti.luv.chocolatenimrahEloquentmadssonali.19281hey.bhagguFollowYourHeartAreYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "MJHT and Remix (Page 4)" in Miley Jab Hum Tum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

--Saaki--

IF-Dazzler

--Saaki--

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 8:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kavya_KraZQueen

@Kateleode: With due to respect to your sentiments I think I will STILL give it to Remix for having stood on its own despite being inspired (I would NEVER call it a rip-off) by some other show. The concept of the show may not be original but the presentation and execution of Remix was different n fresh and that I will vouch for even if I haven't watched the original show. And honestly, MJHT is NOT AT ALL original- its a bad mish-mash of several bollywood movie cliches n characters especially YRF ones, however I will not deny that MJHT started off quite well, it just FAILED to sustain the momentum with which it started. The only thing that was perhaps closer to being original about MJHT was Mayank's erstwhile character.

Thx babes for respecting my senti.
Trust i too feel tht Mayu's character is going out of its way.
But i have this optimism abt show may be tht making me to stick to this show.
Abt being B'wood mix-masala,SO TRUE.
Waise i dont care abt the story anymore.
I think in storyline,LNMDJ is doing good.
But i cant ignore MAYUR yaar.I just love ARTI.I watch MJHT only for the 2 lead couples & the characters like NUPUR,MAYU & BENJI who r my hot favourite.

As per REMIX,i njoyed those days of REMIX but not interested in tht anymore & also dont have much time to watch more than 2 shows.

mads

IF-Sizzlerz

mads

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 8:22am | IP Logged
Ah ... first of all, a big THANK YOU to the topic starter ... Hug for opening such a wonderful topic .. where I can go on and on abt my two fav shows EVER....

Remix is the reason I'm on IF ... and I think thats reason enuf to tell how much I ADORED that show .. and this is an understatement ..coz I prob hav no words in my vocab to tell u wat remix meant to me ..and still means to me ... there's ONLY one fictional character whom I hav taken inspiration from in my entire life ... and that's Anvesha Banerjee Ray ... her dialogue "Its not important to be perfect...u gotta be real instead" has stuck into my head ever since she has uttered it...and everytime I feel low or feel that I am goingwrong somewhere, I say that sentence to myselkf and then the respect and joy that I feel for myself is tremendous .. she has really helped me grow up...coz when I started watching the show I was all of 17 and a perfect teenager ... now after four years I am completely grown up..and some of the fantasies of those teenage life dont feel the same now ..and if I wud say.. then Remix has helped me shape myself into the person that I am.. and this is to Ranveer's dialogue to Ashi ... "kabhi kabhi hume yeh realise hota hain ki saare sapne sach nahin ho sakte..aur shayad isi ko bada hona kehte hain" ... and believe me, when I'd lost on an important admission after my 12th..this was what I had told myself..and hence I am what I am today ...

I can jus go on and on like this to explain what that serial was to me.. it was my LIFE .. my SOUL .. I've never given soo much as I did to that soap .. not even to MJHT .. even tho its my current fav ...

Remix had shown EVERY .. and I mean EVERY possible relationship ther is in this world ... be it mother-daughter...father-daughter ... friendship..love.. student-teacher ... rivalry turning into love ... fairy tale love... and that was why as LadyM said, it was a TRUE classic.. ther are very few series on TV that are as amazing as this one was..

Ashi-Yuvi was ofcourse the reason I watched remix...and I soo adored their relation...tho I cudnt really identify wit that..having never undergone anything like that in my life then...still, I adored them to the core !!!!

and this is one reason why I love and adore MJHT ... because ... when I look at samrat and gunjan's love story..its my life replayed in front of me ... gunjan is sooo unbelievably like me in real life .. that sometimes I actually explain .. "oh freak..this is EXACTLY how I wud hav reacted" ... and thats why I am soo attached to MJHT ...

but then, I believ u jus cannot compare MJHT and Remix ... coz REMIX was and will ALWAYS be one-of-a-kind .. none can beat it !!!

Edited by mads - 26 July 2009 at 8:27am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

divya_07Eloquenthey.bhagguFollowYourHeartmissing Vmars

FollowYourHeart

IF-Sizzlerz

FollowYourHeart

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 8:25am | IP Logged

Beautyfullly worded absolutely beautyfullllyClap

i so agreeee u cant write remix off by labelling it as some cheap copy of a show yeah i agree the concept wasn't orijnal d idea wasn't but helll the execution atleast was downright orijnal u have to give it to the credit of the actors they managed to bring a total revolution in the then Ekta dominated soap saga dey actually bmanaged ot give ekta a run for her money And so wat if d idea isn't orijnal yaar wat matters is the execution i am toh so so happpy that d creatives decided to work on the concept which brought a stormmmmmmm in the Latin world and u know wn dey started off they reallly had no idea ki remix wld be dis big a hit infact they toh might be apprehensive ki they r shooting in the dark considering the path breaking tendenacy of remix dey had more to loose than gain via adopting such a concept speciallly in the then TV scenario where the only thing lead ladies did was wear Saree and sob endlessly and ofcorse have  n number of marriges and divorces The creatives had mmore to fear man ki if such a diff concept wld be accepted or no but kudos to dem that dey took d risk and gave us remix I mean yeah it has precedents but hell every single version of it managed to win hearts thats coz the characters have deapth D-E-A-P=T-H u seriously get a sense of pupose of mission of ambition of hope via dese characters and i wn stop loving a show just coz one fine day i wld cme and find out that oh its a remake Helll how many dismal attmepts of remake have u seen in indian tv? form kbc to this new RK game show to so many attempts to copy friends but was any one of dem successful? Just lifting the concept doesnt do the trick u have to belive in the chars u have to play it to conviction which every remix char did Infact the irony is in Season 2 wen d creatives started using their own typically stereotyped brains Remix ended into d drains we all remix fans toh even today wld do anythingggggggggg to get remix back and start it again ffrom Season 2 wid d exact story line of the spanish version Had dey totally followed it na am telling u Remix wld hav become invincible nobbody no show no production house cld have ever challenged its provess its stature It was meant to be tha ways man i still feel so cheated wid d second season wish it hadn't happen

And for me Remix is ORIJNAL coz it gave me Ashi nobody cld be Ashi except Priya Wal ii loveee the other incarnations too specially the spanish one who is called Roberta but i never allign Roberta and Ashi both r diff individuals for me and i lvoe dem booooooth Ashi obviously much much more

and yes u r so bang onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn yaar i can label a hundred movie ka names which mjht ka one trakc or other seems ot followLOL so i wld hardly call that as being orijnal if orijnality is dis am glad remix wasntLOL Though i do agree it started off well Mjht i mean but den like all d other shows it too started brining bollywood stories inOuch

Remix was not abt anything but RemiiiiiiiiiiiiiiixBig smileEmbarrassed

ps...i adored wat u wrote for ashi in the previous page felt like giving u a big big huggggy for saying that u almost brought tears in my eyesHug u r so right shes just too Awe Inspiring everytime i look at her i feel i feel anythings possible litrally anythinggggg u just need ot have the courage and faithBig smile

Edited by FollowYourHeart - 26 July 2009 at 8:29am

Bazinga

IF-Sizzlerz

Bazinga

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kateleode

But i cant ignore MAYUR yaar.I just love ARTI.I watch MJHT only for the 2 lead couples & the characters like NUPUR,MAYU & BENJI who r my hot favourite.

As per REMIX,i njoyed those days of REMIX but not interested in tht anymore & also dont have much time to watch more than 2 shows.

@bold: That is purely your opinion. Nobody is arguing or saying anything against it or blaming you yaar Smile Smile

@blue: We are just presenting our views about  Remix n MJHT because that is the main discussion in this topic apart from reminiscing about Remix.

LOLitaPawar

IF-Dazzler

LOLitaPawar

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 8:31am | IP Logged
the best thing about remix was - ASHI!
Though nupur is very much close to ashi she sometimes becomes very bholi.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ashi_maniaEloquenthey.bhagguBazingamads

--Saaki--

IF-Dazzler

--Saaki--

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 8:36am | IP Logged

Originally posted by kateleode

@bold: That is purely your opinion. Nobody is arguing or saying anything against it or blaming you yaar Smile Smile

@blue: We are just presenting our views about  Remix n MJHT because that is the main discussion in this topic apart from reminiscing about Remix.

@pink : I am not complaining yaar.
I too here for an healthy discussion.Well thx for commenting.Big smile.

Yes,i know here everybody is giving their views abt MJHT & REMIX.
I am also among everyone may be with slight a different opinion.Smile.

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 8:39am | IP Logged
LadyM, YaRa4ever, Kavya: Fantastic posts! Very well said!

@topic: I've only recently had the opportunity to watch Remix re-runs from the beginning and honestly that show is a  class apart as compared to MJHT.....let's not even begin to put MJHT in the same league....Remix was a show that literally launched Star One and gave it  a big boost as a youth based shows channel.....it was pathbreaking that way....for all the reasons LadyM listed out so well....that it dealt with real issues like drug abuse, peer pressure, parental pressures so well....and ALL characters had something to do in the show....they had a POINT to them.

MJHT and  DMG  are the 'new age' version of Star One 'youth shows'.....the fluff, inane variety which only focus on showing romance b/w the couples and everything else including development of a storyline/secondary characters is secondary for the most part.....infact it hardly figures in the scheme of things.....Jab tak "passionate romance" hai, tab tak saari logic/sense gayi tel lene.....these shows revel in descending into mindless buffoonery from time to time...well this is what the audience of today seems to want I guess given the popularity of these shows.

These days the mantra seems to be just on focussing on creating a 'hit jodi', nothing else....and that's easy enough....show the characters clashing for a bit, then they fall in love later on and start romancing and tadaa....audience khush.

I won't deny that I'm also a fan of Mayank-Nupur from this show.....my only main reason for watching it....but that has other factors attached to it in how I identify with the characters especially Mayank.....the same way Mads identifies with Gunjan and that pulls her in.....but the fact remains that if we look at an overall perspective, there is hardly anything of substance in this show that can be applauded....in my opinion atleast......it's inane/slapstick fluff for the most part with occasionally good scenes......which have dwindled in frequency much more as the show has progressed.

Remix on the other hand, from what I've seen of it so far.....is much more realistic in depicting today's youth....and this isn't just a 'oh that's a high school based show and MJHT is a college based one' thing.....No, Remix depicted high school life MUCH better than MJHT has EVER managed to depict college life.....anyone remember the last time these ppl even managed to attend classes?? LOLL

Just my two cents. No offence intended to anyone. If anyone still wants to be offended, their choice.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

ProdigalStudentdebbyLOLitaPawarnimrahashi_maniaEloquenthey.bhagguBazingaFollowYourHeartmads

Post Reply New Post

Go to top