Miley Jab Hum Tum

MJHT and Remix (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 18

FollowYourHeart

IF-Sizzlerz

FollowYourHeart

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 5:22am | IP Logged
I dunno what to say in here am just way too overwhelmed on seeing the sheer amount of passion and love that Remix still continues to arouse in people I mean despite three years of its end its still perhaps the most loved the most celebrated the most missed and the most wanted show ever on Indian TV Alll this is just beyond expresssion seriously beyond expression

I want ditto so many of u in here speciallly LadyM who worded it so beautyfuklly that Remix truely was a cult classic u cant compare it wid any other show what so ever specially not he likes of MJHT and DMG which r all gloss and glamour but no substance no deapth All these shows just revolve around one theme and that is LOVE LOVE LOVE Honestly there is  life beyond loveology lessons as welll and Remix depicted that aspect of life I am not saying there wasn't love in the show Ashi Yuvi for me r perhaps the purest definition of love ever But what am saying is that it was not just about Love Stories it was about so so much more it was about life about growing up about committing mistakes and learning from them it was a whole journey fulll wid ups and downs Love never overshadowed the characters as kavya putted it love never ended up changing the basic character of a person ey didn't loose their essance dere basic personality infct Remix tried to show love to in the truest sense by giving out the message that u dnt need to change yourself change the way u look or talk or walk or dress or worship or dwell just to make yourself be loved by someone Naaah thats not love at all loving is accepting soemone just the way he is in toto wid his entire package of strengths and weaknesses Thats the kind of love which Remix potrayed And above all just coz suddenly they r in love the characters neevr lost sight of other things in their lives like their paretns their friends That was like awesome yeah love was imp but it wasn''t everything It showed that every single relaitonship be it wid ur parents or ur freinds or ur siblins or ur teachers every single relationship has its value and imp in life and u have ot make efforts to nurture each one of dem

Thats perhaps my main reason for loving remix loonyly till date coz its a thing fromw hich i draw inspiration its gives me the strength to fight against injustice and unfairness it gives me the freedome the courage to develope my own thought oprocess my own opinion and to be proude of it all to stand up for it if need be Its seriously my guide to infinite ways of bettering myself as an individual It has changed my perception of life and isnce the day i was attacked by the Remix Syymdrome i must say my life has just taken a turn for the better i feel so much more powerful coz in a way remix made me aware of my own strengths it made me belive in myself its just i dunno for me it wld always be THE show actullay it has stopped being a show yaar i mean if ficiton becomes suc an integral part of your life that it gives u new vission to view life wid toh it definatly stops being a fiction it becomes real than reality itself and remix is that for me and perhaps it wld always be:)

Smriti

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

LOLitaPawardivya_07Eloquenthey.bhagguBazingaLadyMcbeth

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "MJHT and Remix (Page 3)" in Miley Jab Hum Tum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

preksha07

preksha07

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 5:30am | IP Logged
i just love both the shows.....

FollowYourHeart

IF-Sizzlerz

FollowYourHeart

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 5:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonali.19281

I loved remix...for all the above reasons quoted by kavya, lady M..each and every character stayed true to its definition even if it was nakul or sid..d sidekicks...

and I love REMIX for giving us ASHI...one leading lady..that you hardly get to see..a rebel wid d right mind..i can relate to her..as I was a lot like that in school and early yrs of college..it was one series which didnot have cliched images of a rebel or a bimbo (tia). they were both given respect.

And the best thing about REMIX was it wasnt Judgemental or Preachy. As a young adult in India let me point out I can relate to Remix characters more than the characters of MJHT..

I sincerely like MJHT for a lot of reasons but also believe REMIX was REAL and MJHT is anything but that. trust me college romance is not always like this and I mean in India if thats a case in point to be argued about

You spoke the words which r etched on my heaaaaaart I loveeeeee Remix till date precisely coz of this one reason ki it gave me my Ashiiiiiiiiiii I dunno yaar for me since d day i have met her as in since d da i first saw her on remix she has been this huge symbol of hopeeeeeee she inculcates in me dis fire dis staunch stauch wala fire to do somehting not just for myself but for everyone and anyone whos in need of a helping hand I just adore her adore her beyond words In that school full of bimbos and nerds she came as a ray of light and life i dnt even remembr to how many sad depressed faces she brought a smile of hope she never let anyone give up hope and if there were people around who lacked courage then she actuallly made them share her own courageeeee but she never let anyone give up fighting she made people stand up for themselves their dreams and if dey didn't had the guts to do that she fought for them insted her sense of justice was all pervasive she wldnt see who is the one she is fighting for be it her friend or foe if she felt the person involved was true and honest she wldn't wait for a eye blinkt o stand up behind him or her and the extent to which she went for her friends was just i dunno Shes perhaps the mooooooooooooost selfless person i ever saw and u know she kinda broke the trend u dnt need ot be timid and docile ot be selfless to have a pure heart of gold u can be headstrong bold brave couurageous and yet be all of that too If u ask me i won't say Ranveer or Yuvi to be the show's Hero Insted the real Hero of the show was Ashi, the way she led from the front, the ay she fought everything abt herrrrrrr kinda tugged at your heart struck some beautyful chord she seriousl made life seem so much purer so much freer of malice I owe her my whole substance before she came i wa doomed she revived me and the best part about her was she was chooo proude of being her she was her own favoriteeeeee and she loved everyone she tried to see some beauty in every single individual she never wld judge u on the basis of ur looks or ur purse or the brands u wear or the scent u use she was just see trhough your heart iif its real enough she wlld uphold it and she doesnt needs perfeciton in her life naaah perfection is not for her insted she needs loads of realness fir chahe the real picture is distorted only the fact that its real wlld make it worthwhile for her Just adoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee her she made my imperfect life beautyfulllllllllllllll U knw every milestone i accomplish in my life in my winner's speach i alay mention Ashi in the list of people i wana thank for my accomplishment and i know i wld keep doing that till my diying day coz wat she gave me was pricelss she gave me my own self my faith in my self and once u have that it won't take much to conquer the world wld it?

Smriti

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hey.bhaggusonali.19281

FollowYourHeart

IF-Sizzlerz

FollowYourHeart

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by palak5

I can never forget Remix..it was my life in those years ..i used to wake up at 5 to watch its repeat..and with equal enthusiansm as the main telecast..i can nvere forget the songs..still listen to them very often..it ended abruptly..i didnt like that.

haha so true palaaaaaaaaaakBig smileEmbarrassedBlushing even i used to do that get up early in the morning five am to start catching all the repeats i think the repeats used to start wid 11pm then 5am den 10am den 2pm and i used to see each and every repeat tellycaast wid d same vigour and excitement ias i used to see the eight pm wala main tellycast speciallly if the tellycast was more Ashi or AY orientedBlushingBlushing Seriously those were such euphoric days it was my life den it still is i mean this is one hting from which i cant ever move onBlushing

Bazinga

IF-Sizzlerz

Bazinga

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 6:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonali.19281

I loved remix...for all the above reasons quoted by kavya, lady M..each and every character stayed true to its definition even if it was nakul or sid..d sidekicks...

and I love REMIX for giving us ASHI...one leading lady..that you hardly get to see..a rebel wid d right mind..i can relate to her..as I was a lot like that in school and early yrs of college..it was one series which didnot have cliched images of a rebel or a bimbo (tia). they were both given respect.

And the best thing about REMIX was it wasnt Judgemental or Preachy. As a young adult in India let me point out I can relate to Remix characters more than the characters of MJHT..

I sincerely like MJHT for a lot of reasons but also believe REMIX was REAL and MJHT is anything but that. trust me college romance is not always like this and I mean in India if thats a case in point to be argued about

@bold: Well said Sonali Clap Clap I was a teenager when Remix aired and I could TOTALLY relate to Ashi- she was REAL. Like her, I too was at logger heads with my principal n fought with him LOL LOL  I think she is the BEST FEMALE PROTAGONIST on Indian TV ever- her attitude, her spirit, her zest, EVERYTHING was AWE-INSPIRING - a character like Anwesha Ray Banerjee was never seen before Remix happened and never after it ended. Ashi was an ICON, she was a LEGEND, she was a TREND-SETTER, she was an INSPIRATION- she DEFINED every STRONG teenage girl  who could stand up for herself, who had GUTS to fight injustice, who defied dogma - in a way, Ashi was an adjective for all the girls like her *bows*  And Priya Wal did a FAB Job Clap Clap

@blue: College romance n college life is NOT AT ALL like what they show in MJHT LOL LOL Except for Nupur, I think no other character in MJHT is closer to reality!

@Eloquent: Like I said, I could follow Remix only for one year and in that one year, the screen time between ALL the couples (not just the leads) was balanced very well. MJHT has started doing a fair job of screen time balancing NOW, it was not so earlier!

Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 26 July 2009 at 6:32am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ProdigalStudenti.luv.chocolateashi_maniasonali.19281hey.bhagguFollowYourHeart

Bazinga

IF-Sizzlerz

Bazinga

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 6:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by FollowYourHeart

Thats perhaps my main reason for loving remix loonyly till date coz its a thing fromw hich i draw inspiration its gives me the strength to fight against injustice and unfairness it gives me the freedome the courage to develope my own thought oprocess my own opinion and to be proude of it all to stand up for it if need be Its seriously my guide to infinite ways of bettering myself as an individual It has changed my perception of life and isnce the day i was attacked by the Remix Syymdrome i must say my life has just taken a turn for the better i feel so much more powerful coz in a way remix made me aware of my own strengths it made me belive in myself its just i dunno for me it wld always be THE show actullay it has stopped being a show yaar i mean if ficiton becomes suc an integral part of your life that it gives u new vission to view life wid toh it definatly stops being a fiction it becomes real than reality itself and remix is that for me and perhaps it wld always be:)

Smriti

Beautifully said. True! Remix was a show which changed our outlook towards life in the growing years Smile Smile

Afreen22

IF-Dazzler

Afreen22

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyMcbeth

Remix was a well rounded show ... unlike MJHT - which is mostly all gloss. Remix focussed on real issues - like socio-economic divide, peer pressure, drugs, teenage dilemmas, quest for freedom, parents not getting along with children, corrupt system and so on ... they didn't attempt to fix anything. They just attempted to show the characters accept it and bond with each other ... even the side characters were so well developed. Remix was a cult classic in true sense ...
well saidClapClapClapagree wid u

--Saaki--

IF-Dazzler

--Saaki--

Posted: 26 July 2009 at 7:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -YaRa-Forever-

I truly agree with LadyM and Kavya_KraZQueen but i dont seem to agree with you at all kateleode! I agree that remix's leads were extreme and that is the fiction aspect of the show but i don't agree that india's youth population couldn't connect with the show coz in fact remix is the only youth show we can actually connect with and relate too...like Kavya said, it was perfect example of reality and fiction! The story of remix revolves around teenagers life, feelings, emotions and the way they deal with it!! You are saying that remix's characters are too high-fy for indian population but currently the track in US is that Aman's father is in hospital and each and every character somehow felt aman's situation and tried to help him! I dunno about you but i have seen that in many cases! For example, my cousin's father had heart attack and i saw how her friends were with her 24*7!! That is what remix shows...the real issue and how each person responds to it!!

As far as being copied is concerned...REMIX WAS NOT COPIED! It was re-make of Erreway as every Erreway/Rebelde/Remix/Rebelde way portugal fan believes! And even if it is remake of it...we have to give credits to show's actors, producer, creatives and designers for giving such amazing style, dialouges to the characters and not alternating the track (atleast for a year)! The cast and crew of the show made it true for people to actually believe in the story and characters!Embarrassed

I totally love MJHT coz it gives me entertainment but as LadyM said,"Remix was a cult classic in true sense!" MJHT just deals with love life and some basic friendship and yes ofcourse sisters bonding but so does remix...in fact remix focused beyond these...it was also about how teenagers deal with their life and the situations one might need to face! Also remix's characters had a journey from immaturity to maturity while in MJHT, all characters are already mature but many times behave immaturely when they should not!

I am true remix fan followed by hip hip hurray and MJHT but seriously nothing can or will replace remix for me!!

Hey to be honest "I WAS ALSO A BIGGEST REMIX LOVER".I used to think it should get all the awrds in any telly award function.I was a crazy ASHI-YUVI fan.I also adored vrinda,aman,varun ,sid & sonia.
I have the cd they launched of "REMIX" songs.
Wht else y want to know abt REMIX ,tell me i will tell u the season 1's all episodes.
But the time i came to know abt this remake crap,i really felt bad.I xpected tht to be a XCLSIVE,ORIGINAL & CLASSICAL SERIAL WHICH NO ONE CAN REPLACE.
It is not hatred frd,it is just tht i am the craziest "heartbroken" fan.Cry.

Yes.I agree the story was awesome but not REMIX but "the original ones".
The original version is definitely a "CLASSIC" & will always remain so but a "REMAKE CANNOT REPLACE ORIGINAL".

As per MJHT is considered,however the story track,character sketch but at least it is the original.
Tht is my satisfaction.
REMIX gave me full time entertainment.No doubt.But i really took it as one of indian best show.
May tht was my mistake tht "I LOVED REMIX SO MUCH".
Bcoz when u love anything & get to know tht it is some shows remake or copy,it really hurts.Ouch.
Atlest for me.
Hey but thx for copmmenting on my post.Smile.
I am not following REMIX anymore.

Edited by kateleode - 26 July 2009 at 7:50am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top